JJT: Doug Pederson's Success With Eagles Reveals Jason Garrett's Flaws

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Remember when they tried to turn Romo into Tom Brady?

:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Remember when they tried to turn Romo into Tom Brady?

:lol
:picard Don't remind me.

But hey, they learned from that experience. Just like we eventually learned that running the clock down to 1 second on every play maybe wasn't a good idea.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I like the part about Jerry wanting Garrett to be his Tom Landry.

You never saw Landry bounding up and down the sideline, grinning and doing high-fives with players like some goofy fucking cheerleader.

Landry was all business and if the players didn't outright fear him they sure as hell respected his power and authority. A lot of them probably didn't even like him.

And Landry wouldn't lift his leg to piss on Jerry Jones.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Jerry did Garrett a disservice by rushing him in to the OC and then HC gigs too quickly.

He hadn't even shown he was a good QB coach yet.

I wonder if Kellen Moore gets any bites after this next season.

GShock

DCC 4Life
:picard Don't remind me.

But hey, they learned from that experience. Just like we eventually learned that running the clock down to 1 second on every play maybe wasn't a good idea.
Still working on the "don't give Aaron Rogers the ball with meaningful time on the clock" lesson, tho.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Still working on the "don't give Aaron Rogers the ball with meaningful time on the clock" lesson, tho.
IAP.

Keep working your tails off, guys.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate that guy so much too. I don't know what it is about Packers' QBs but they always seem to piss me off.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jerry did Garrett a disservice by rushing him in to the OC and then HC gigs too quickly.

He hadn't even shown he was a good QB coach yet.

I wonder if Kellen Moore gets any bites after this next season.
Kellen Moore as our Head Coach in Waiting. Jerry has a master plan.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hate that guy so much too. I don't know what it is about Packers' QBs but they always seem to piss me off.
We used to kick Fav-Ruh's ass on a yearly basis.

Rodgers? Nope.

He lives to play against Marinelli defenses.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I think there are a few people who aren't drinking the Eagle Koolaid and hanging off Pederson's ballsack just yet.

Yes, he did a great job getting the Eagles to a SB win and implemented a gameplan that played to Foles strength... but all this "best coach eva love, going for it on 4th down" BS is just that...BS.
Once Foles was his QB, the pressure was off Pederson, and for a big part off of Foles too. If Foles fucks up and doesn't convert a 4th down, or throws a critical INT on a gadget play...who cares. Who would give him shit? Pederson could scream out "The guy is a backup everybody! What did you expect???" without much repercussion. Foles can tell everyone how he sat around a campfire and was ready to retire and is thankful he got his team to a playoff win, or a SB appearance, blah blah. The pressure was not on him either.

Foles plays 2 great games at home (thank you Wentz), plays against possibly the worst SB defense ever fielded on the AFC side, and suddenly Pederson is a fucking genius and Foles is being compared to playing on Wentz's level.

Sorry I don't buy it.

midswat

... soon
I agree with unclemilti. I'm not giving Pederson any credit. Winning a super bowl is easy. Losing Wentz actually made it easier for Pederson. He gets no credit from me.

Heck... the Eagles can have this flash in the pan super bowl celebration. I want more than that. What Garrett is building will lead to Super Bowls. Yes, plural.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Kellen Moore as our Head Coach in Waiting. Jerry has a master plan.
I trust Jerry's process.

He will find us a Landry before he dies, I just know it!

vince

Not So New Member
I think there are a few people who aren't drinking the Eagle Koolaid and hanging off Pederson's ballsack just yet.

Yes, he did a great job getting the Eagles to a SB win and implemented a gameplan that played to Foles strength... but all this "best coach eva love, going for it on 4th down" BS is just that...BS.
Once Foles was his QB, the pressure was off Pederson, and for a big part off of Foles too. If Foles fucks up and doesn't convert a 4th down, or throws a critical INT on a gadget play...who cares. Who would give him shit? Pederson could scream out "The guy is a backup everybody! What did you expect???" without much repercussion. Foles can tell everyone how he sat around a campfire and was ready to retire and is thankful he got his team to a playoff win, or a SB appearance, blah blah. The pressure was not on him either.

Foles plays 2 great games at home (thank you Wentz), plays against possibly the worst SB defense ever fielded on the AFC side, and suddenly Pederson is a fucking genius and Foles is being compared to playing on Wentz's level.

Sorry I don't buy it.
I'll partially agree. But if there was this so called "no pressure" attitude, then Dallas and Garrett should've already made a decent run in the playoffs with Romo's and everyone else's injuries.

p1_

DCC 4Life
simply put, Pederson has done far more in two seasons than Garrett has in 7 years and beyond . Not only has Pederson out coached Garrett, it’s patently absurd to minimize Pedersons accomplishments and imply that he was lucky or that this was some fluke. Bullshit .

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
simply put, Pederson has done far more in two seasons than Garrett has in 7 years and beyond . Not only has Pederson out coached Garrett, it’s patently absurd to minimize Pedersons accomplishments and imply that he was lucky or that this was some fluke. Bullshit .
Oh it was a great season for them. It doesn't guarantee that he can parlay it into long term success but I don't think it diminishes what he was able to accomplish last season. It was impressive.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Oh it was a great season for them. It doesn't guarantee that he can parlay it into long term success but I don't think it diminishes what he was able to accomplish last season. It was impressive.
especially compared to you know who.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Pederson did a good job but by the same token he had the players who could deliver. It was a combination of of him devising a game plan a that the team could execute. It’s a winning combination that ultimately unseated the team who had established a dynasty.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Pederson did a good job but by the same token he had the players who could deliver. It was a combination of of him devising a game plan a that the team could execute. It’s a winning combination that ultimately unseated the team who had established a dynasty.
In addition the Eagles has to go through some of the toughest defenses to get to the big dance.

Top Bottom