2017 Season | Super Bowl LII | Gameday Chatter | 2-4-2018

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
we have no way of knowing about the "vast majority", but if so, they were wrong apparently.
Sure there is. I was talking about the consensus on this board.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yes, and now they have introduced the balance argument.

It's obvious they are making it up as they go to justify their ineptness
How anyone would even attempt to argue this is beyond me.

Cotton

Staff member
Question: What did everyone think of the Eli/ODB commercial?
Ghey. Probably the gheyest commercial evar.

Cotton

Staff member
Jesus Christ, those people are fucking idiots.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Ghey. Probably the gheyest commercial evar.
Thats what I was thinking as well but the other half was wondering. I thought it was geared more for the female viewers but it was rated high.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Pederson coached his ass off. Hard to think of a better job in any other season.

Lost his starting LT and QB and didn't fricking flinch. They have talent sure, but it ain't overwhelming.

As a football fan watching the level of chess being played on the game's biggest stage was kind of awesome.

As pdom mentioned though, I strongly dislike these systems that have made mockeries of run/pass balance. But man, if it works and you have the personnel to work it I guess I can't get too pissed off.

As a Cowboys fan I know this coaching staff would have had no chance against Belichick in that game. Zero.

Our owner, goof, and coaching staff are just good enough to be one of the worst combinations of front office possible. Somewhere in there is some quality scouting, but this team can't make use of it nor can they retain it for long.

midswat

... soon
Are the Patriots done?

I know I know you can’t count Bill and Tom out, but Brady will be 41. His decline is imminent. This isn’t an old mans game.

Add to it losing both coordinators.

Idk who will be worth a crap in the AFC to challenge them. Ben is getting old also. Raiders rebound maybe? Can’t really count on Jacksonville until they get rid of white Quincy carter at QB. Kansas City with Cousins? Idk who else.

Rev

Staff member
Are the Patriots done?

I know I know you can’t count Bill and Tom out, but Brady will be 41. His decline is imminent. This isn’t an old mans game.

Add to it losing both coordinators.

Idk who will be worth a crap in the AFC to challenge them. Ben is getting old also. Raiders rebound maybe? Can’t really count on Jacksonville until they get rid of white Quincy carter at QB. Kansas City with Cousins? Idk who else.
I wondered if they would have retired if they had won. Until then I dont think you can count them out.

midswat

... soon
I wondered if they would have retired if they had won. Until then I dont think you can count them out.
I don’t watch a lot of Patriots football, and I know Brady was never a burner, but he looked every bit of 40 when he was running/moving around last night.

I’m thinking his drop off will be sudden. Not guaranteeing it happens and yeah he gets the benefit of the doubt until it does, but I don’t think it’ll be too much longer until he’s a shell of himself.

Rev

Staff member
Rothlisberger is a few years younger and they have already questioned him about retiring for two years. Maybe Im missing it but I really dont hear them asking Brady. Just seems wierd.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t watch a lot of Patriots football, and I know Brady was never a burner, but he looked every bit of 40 when he was running/moving around last night.

I’m thinking his drop off will be sudden. Not guaranteeing it happens and yeah he gets the benefit of the doubt until it does, but I don’t think it’ll be too much longer until he’s a shell of himself.
There were some balls that it looked like he just didn't have the arm strength for as well. Just sort of badly underthrown that sometimes went incomplete and sometimes his receivers bailed him out on.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Brady threw for 500 yards and put up 33 points against a good defense in the super bowl. I don't see a drop off yet.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Brady’s style promotes longevity. He’s not gunning 20 yard out patterns on a rope like Aikman or 65 yard (in the air) deep shots like Elway. Neither does he hang in the pocket and take brutal shots like Montana.

He’s built a decent physique from what had been a slight frame and maintains a healthy diet

Brady is the epitome of playing smart and still getting in deep shots because everything else works to set them up.

Smart beats strong every time and strength also declines sharply with age.

Most important he’s got the most inept division in football, the AFC East to dominate for years to come. Futility at QB for two decades! Guaranteed division title, almost guaranteed top seed.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom