2017 Season | Super Bowl LII | Gameday Chatter | 2-4-2018

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No doubt, but their front office still got those deals done. Pieces for a defense? Great, but he went and got the asshole DC that made them great. We were sitting at 4 and couldn't get the franchise QB that we adored, because they made the aggressive move to go above us and get him. And when Bridgewater went down, they jumped on that as well and extorted the Vikes. They weren't a player away, but they were aggressive as hell.

Kudos to them.
I will agree the aggressiveness they show on the field and in personnel has given them the edge.

Garrett is not the world's worst coach that everyone paints him to be, but he lacks that instinct to be aggressive. He's very safe and conservative and in today's league, not keeping your foot on the gas leads to losses as we've seen time and again.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think going for it on 4th and 2 with 6 minutes left was what won them the game. If they punt there like Garrett would have done, no doubt Brady engineers a long drive that uses basically all of the clock and ends the game. Pederson showed great balls and smarts there.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think going for it on 4th and 2 with 6 minutes left was what won them the game. If they punt there like Garrett would have done, no doubt Brady engineers a long drive that uses basically all of the clock and ends the game. Pederson showed great balls and smarts there.
That was a huge play.

Possibly the difference between winning and losing in that one play.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
NYDN columnist Gary Myers loses mind, predicts Dallas championship next year

The Cowboys are going to rebound from their 9-7 season that was sabotaged by Zeke Elliott’s six-game suspension for domestic violence. Even as Elliott kept pushing the suspension back with minor court victories, the inevitable hung over the Cowboys all season. They were only 5-3 with him before the suspension finally hit, then lost their first three games without him and even though they won their last three without him, they were out of the race by the time he returned for the 15th game.

Dak Prescott regressed without Elliott but will build off the adversity. Jones needs to get him a new big-play receiver with Dez Bryant no longer being able to get any separation and he needs additional playmakers at each of the three levels of the defense.

With Carson Wentz coming back next season, the Eagles will contend. I like the Saints, but think they will have a tough time recovering from the Minneapolis Miracle and the NFC South is so competitive that they beat each other up. Any of the four teams could win it; the Packers are always in it because of Aaron Rodgers but otherwise are flawed; the Rams are a fun team but not Super Bowl-ready just yet; the 49ers need two more drafts and they will be Super Bowl contenders with Jimmy G.

Super Bowl LIII: Cowboys 31, Patriots 21

p1_

DCC 4Life
Maybe my memory is off, but I seem to remember most people here shitting on the thought of bringing in Foles a couple years ago.

Now we should have done it?
well, he just won MVP of the Super Bowl. Would you not?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
well, he just won MVP of the Super Bowl. Would you not?
Larry Brown won the MVP of the Super Bowl, too.

Besides, we were talking about signing him a couple years ago, not today.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Foles is 100% plateauing from here on out. I don't want to call him a Larry Brown because Brown basically came up with 2 plays and Foles was unbelievable over 2 games, but I'm almost certain 20 years from now we're all going to look back and be like, "how in the F did that happen?"

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I will agree the aggressiveness they show on the field and in personnel has given them the edge.

Garrett is not the world's worst coach that everyone paints him to be, but he lacks that instinct to be aggressive. He's very safe and conservative and in today's league, not keeping your foot on the gas leads to losses as we've seen time and again.
Been telling everyone this for a while now. If you play not to lose you will probably lose. Playing safe only allows your opponent the opportunity to get back in the game. Protecting a lead gets your offense on a three and out program, etc. etc. Put you foot on the gas and blow your opponent into next week is the way to play the game of football if you want to win. Play to win.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Larry Brown won the MVP of the Super Bowl, too.

Besides, we were talking about signing him a couple years ago, not today.
Larry Brown was a great player for us. At the time Foles was available, we had jack and shit at QB. There was no reason for us not to consider him. He had already had a stellar season under Chip Kelly. And we roll with Butt Fumble instead . Geez.

midswat

... soon
NYDN columnist Gary Myers loses mind, predicts Dallas championship next year

The Cowboys are going to rebound from their 9-7 season that was sabotaged by Zeke Elliott’s six-game suspension for domestic violence. Even as Elliott kept pushing the suspension back with minor court victories, the inevitable hung over the Cowboys all season. They were only 5-3 with him before the suspension finally hit, then lost their first three games without him and even though they won their last three without him, they were out of the race by the time he returned for the 15th game.

Dak Prescott regressed without Elliott but will build off the adversity. Jones needs to get him a new big-play receiver with Dez Bryant no longer being able to get any separation and he needs additional playmakers at each of the three levels of the defense.

With Carson Wentz coming back next season, the Eagles will contend. I like the Saints, but think they will have a tough time recovering from the Minneapolis Miracle and the NFC South is so competitive that they beat each other up. Any of the four teams could win it; the Packers are always in it because of Aaron Rodgers but otherwise are flawed; the Rams are a fun team but not Super Bowl-ready just yet; the 49ers need two more drafts and they will be Super Bowl contenders with Jimmy G.

Super Bowl LIII: Cowboys 31, Patriots 21
Dollars to donuts Hostile is posting this at the own today and suggesting that Gary Myers sees whats being built here.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Foles is 100% plateauing from here on out. I don't want to call him a Larry Brown because Brown basically came up with 2 plays and Foles was unbelievable over 2 games, but I'm almost certain 20 years from now we're all going to look back and be like, "how in the F did that happen?"
you watch, though. Someone will pony up a solid draft pick to Philly to get him, all based on 3 stellar games.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Reid (and now Pederson) system has made QBs the likes of Foles, Kolb, Feely, Detmer, the other Detmer, Garcia, and McNabb all look good. Those same QBs never looked any good anywhere else.

Given that history, anyone who puts any stock in Foles performing well outside of that system is setting themselves up for massive disappointment.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Larry Brown was a great player for us. At the time Foles was available, we had jack and shit at QB. There was no reason for us not to consider him. He had already had a stellar season under Chip Kelly. And we roll with Butt Fumble instead . Geez.
Our definition of ‘great player’ is far apart.

And again, hindsight is nice but I’d bet the vast majority was against signing Nick Foles a couple years ago. Which was the original point made.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
you watch, though. Someone will pony up a solid draft pick to Philly to get him, all based on 3 stellar games.
Foles landed a stroke of good luck to fill in when he was needed. The Eagles are a solid team an this was to his advantage. He made the most oh his chance and both he and the Eagles are now going to get to own a super bowl ring. Is earning a SB ring worth a solid draft pick? Foles has always had the potential to be a solid QB but has usually been in a bad set of circumstances.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Foles landed a stroke of good luck to fill in when he was needed. The Eagles are a solid team an this was to his advantage. He made the most oh his chance and both he and the Eagles are now going to get to own a super bowl ring. Is earning a SB ring worth a solid draft pick? Foles has always had the potential to be a solid QB but has usually been in a bad set of circumstances.
He got the football world's attention, and there's plenty of teams with bad quarterbacking. Look what they got for Bradford. They probably won't keep Foles, because they have Wentz, and someone will pay Foles to be a starter, whether thats "smart" or not. Its payday for little Nick.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Our definition of ‘great player’ is far apart.

And again, hindsight is nice but I’d bet the vast majority was against signing Nick Foles a couple years ago. Which was the original point made.
we have no way of knowing about the "vast majority", but if so, they were wrong apparently.

Top Bottom