2017 Season | Super Bowl LII | Gameday Chatter | 2-4-2018

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I fear we’ll never win big again and our children will talk about the 90s Cowboys like we do the 60s Browns.

Think about it...the math on the drought is pretty damn accurate.
Probably. Jerry sure doesn't care and nothing will change at the top. Hell, we cant even get new coordinators, let alone a HC or GM.

Even with more and more fans being openly disgusted it won't make a difference. Jerry has his stadium, guaranteed seat licenses and multiple college football, bowl games and other major special events at the stadium. Nothing will sway that stubborn egomaniac to relinquish any control to anyone other than a family member.

At this point it'd take the stars, moon, planets aligning and a ton of luck for this team to win a SB. And we've seen how that worked out the last 20+ years. We only won 2 playoff games in all those years and now we're hoping to somehow win 3-4 in a row in one postseason? It'll take more than luck to pull that off and all we have is Jerry and Garrett.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Also, they stole a ton of my pet cats through the draft the last few years.

Fletcher Cox, Vinny Curry, Carson Wentz, Derek Barnett and Sidney Jones were all players I liked tremendously.

The lesson is, when I say don't trade up for Morris Claiborne and to take Fletcher Cox instead, you all need to fucking listen to me.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If God has any sense of justice, he will ordain that Dallas wins the Super Bowl this coming year, just to minimize the time that those assholes can enjoy their lording it over us.

vince

Not So New Member
If God has any sense of justice, he will ordain that Dallas wins the Super Bowl this coming year, just to minimize the time that those assholes can enjoy their lording it over us.
My boss is a huge douche eagles fan and he won't STFU over it.

vince

Not So New Member
God where they were two years ago.

Chip Kelley burned the place to the ground, terrible contracts, Roseman in exile, complete disarray.

Give me some of that process.
Just goes to show there is hope if the right people are put in place. Doug Pederson has done the near impossible turning a garbage eagles team into a championship team. Ridiculous.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They had the pieces for a good defense already, and the Dolphins handed them the missing pieces with Wentz and Ajayi in two inexplicable trades. Also let's not forget the Vikings retardedly giving up a first for Bradford, who is garbage.

To be fair, they've done extraordinarily at finding not just contributors but very good players in veteran free agency. I don't know why we can't do that.

It's lazy to say "laziest front office ever." I think we need Parcells to come in here and overhaul the pro personnel side like he did the college scouts.
Yes, they traded for Jernigan (who was obviously a very good player), Ajayi, and Ronald Darby this offseason alone. On top of signing Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith, and Blount.

Last year they signed Rodney McLeod, Brandon Brooks and Nigel Bradham.

That's 9/46 of their gameday roster right there, 20%.

I don't want us to go nuts like the Jags or the Giants 2 years ago but there has to be a happy medium. Guys like Bradham, Zach Brown, DJ Swearinger, Tahir Whitehead, they've all signed for like 3-4 a year, there's absolutely no reason we can't make impact signings if we know where to look and find the right fit for 3-6 million a year.

The problem is that our braintrust is either scared, lazy, arrogant, stupid, or a combination of it all.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Also, they stole a ton of my pet cats through the draft the last few years.

Fletcher Cox, Vinny Curry, Carson Wentz, Derek Barnett and Sidney Jones were all players I liked tremendously.

The lesson is, when I say don't trade up for Morris Claiborne and to take Fletcher Cox instead, you all need to fucking listen to me.
But they traded up to get Cox themselves, so if we had ignored Claiborne and stayed put, they would have jumped us anyway.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

Garrett is the antithesis of aggressive.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

you're forgetting the index card play. that was 4th and 1 at the Dallas 40, sucker.

GShock

DCC 4Life
They had the pieces for a good defense already, and the Dolphins handed them the missing pieces with Wentz and Ajayi in two inexplicable trades. Also let's not forget the Vikings retardedly giving up a first for Bradford, who is garbage.
No doubt, but their front office still got those deals done. Pieces for a defense? Great, but he went and got the asshole DC that made them great. We were sitting at 4 and couldn't get the franchise QB that we adored, because they made the aggressive move to go above us and get him. And when Bridgewater went down, they jumped on that as well and extorted the Vikes. They weren't a player away, but they were aggressive as hell.

Kudos to them.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

midswat

... soon

I can't even put into words how impressed I was with so many of the decisions he was making. Not just the carry your balls around in a wheelbarrow multiple 4th down calls.... but some of the playcalls too. It was a masterful game - and the Eagles needed every ounce of it.

I have never watched a game where I was so impressed with coaching. There have been times I've been impressed with individuatl things - Parcells somehow telling the Cowboys to be ready for the opening onside, for example - but from opening whistle to final gun... entire gameplan, personnel use, situational awareness, ballsy decisions... every single bit of it.

Do you guys realize that after the Patriots took the lead for the first time, there was over 9 minutes left. Eagles followed that up with a 14 play, 7 minute drive that resulted in a touchdown. Everyone expecting typical Brady magic, but the well rested Eagles D-Line came crushing in.

Just a brilliant game.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
didn't agree with his decision to go for two in the 2nd Q (too early to chase those points), but otherwise a solid job

midswat

... soon
And like someone else said... it softens the blow that aside from their shitty despicable fan base who truly doesn't deserve this, overall this is a very likable Eagles roster. It isn't the obnoxious ass Brian Dawkins, fake as hell McNabb, Freddie Mitchell, piece of shit LeSean McCoy, etc. Derek Barnett is a Vol legend, Fletcher Cox and Chris Long are good people, even through all the dumb protests the veteran Eagles corner who's name escapes me is doing things the right way and actually trying to make a change. A bunch of self-less receivers and runningbacks, etc.

midswat

... soon
didn't agree with his decision to go for two in the 2nd Q (too early to chase those points), but otherwise a solid job
That was the one decision I also didn't agree with. 16-3 is a lot different than 15-3.

vince

Not So New Member

Is this a shot at Garrett?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Sorry for you guys who have to listen to Iggs fans in person, but I was full team Eagles last night. Whatever might put heat on Jerry and Garrett is what I'm for. It's true he's too football stupid and stubborn to fire Garrett over something like this, but maybe it'll at least highlight how terrible Garrett is and how unacceptable all the excuse-making for 2015 was.

If we'd lost our excellent starting QB, LT, and MLB the Jones Boys would have happily folded up tent, excused it all, and hawked next year's tickets while Garrett printed more of his retarded junior high t-shirts. Pederson just went and and won a Superbowl instead.

midswat

... soon
A random thought....

1995 was a long long time ago. Back then (1992-1995) I was in high school and too young to appreciate what we accomplished.

I hate that I took all of that for granted and didn’t really savor them.

Having just turned 40... it’s been 23 years man. Wow.

This franchise has regressed under the Jones family to where if you take the name brand away and just compare the raw numbers, were basically the bengals or cardinals or lions. We’re lumped in with the other crap franchises. And if stepehen doesn’t offer a ray of hope as some of you suggested last night, then things will never change for this team because the ownership cares more about showmanship and marketability than winning.

Back in the 1950s the Cleveland Browns were considered the standard. Proud, championship franchise with history. Now they are an utter joke. No one associates the Browns with championships. I might be exaggerating but this franchise could be heading down a similar path.

vince

Not So New Member
A random thought....

1995 was a long long time ago. Back then (1992-1995) I was in high school and too young to appreciate what we accomplished.
Speaking of this, I had the privilege of partying with Greg Tremble last night. I didn't know the guy at first but he said he played safety for the Cowboys in 95, when they won the SB.

Top Bottom