2017 Season | Super Bowl LII | Gameday Chatter | 2-4-2018

GShock

DCC 4Life
This game, and really playoff run by the Eagles, should put any questions to rest as to the extent that a scheme/game plan can enhance a QB's play.

The Eagles play-calling was masterful throughout the playoffs to help scheme up easy throws for Foles, keep defenses off balance, and manufacture big plays. Foles made some great plays, sure, but I saw more creativity within a single Eagles drive than I've seen out of our offense all god damned season.

Dak isn't perfect but I damn sure wouldn't pass any sort of final judgment on him until I saw him play under a different, more competent staff.
Yeah, that offensive game plan, those plays, were something to behold. You don't have to do it that way of course - you can ground meat and eat clock and limit possessions with a running game, but to go into a Super Bowl with Ajayi and Blount and Clement vs. Foles and the underachieving Eagles WRs and opt for the passing game AND make it work?

Impressive.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It's been about 10 hours now and I have to say... I don't care for this world.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Question: What did everyone think of the Eli/ODB commercial?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He doesn’t. But maybe Stephen does. Or this keeps the media pressure on him/Garrett.

Like I said, I can dream.

It isn’t as though who any of us roots for really makes a difference anyways.

I think he cares. Just not enough to say, go out and drive a brink's truck full of money to Howie Roseman's door, or some other proven personnel guy.

Though I guess I shouldn't imply it's about money, cause it's not.

To rephrase..... just not enough that he is willing to let anyone else get credit for building a winner.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You know, when we were busy losing Romo and Kellen Moore for the 2016 season, and forced to roll with a 4th round rookie, Nick Foles was available for cheap. Laziest front office ever.
I think we tried to get Foles and he turned us down for KC.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's been about 10 hours now and I have to say... I don't care for this world.
I agree.

I hate that my son is going to grow up not able to say "The Eagles have never won anything."

Thank god I don't live near Philly anymore.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Foles would suck here.

They said during the broadcast that after Foles took over and struggled at the end of the year, that Pederson and Reich spent the bye week looking at Foles from the 2013 season, and implemented a lot of what he did well that year with Chip Kelly into their offense.

Does anyone really think stubborn uncreative Garrett would revamp his offense? Hell no.

We’d be mocking Foles like we did Weeden, Cassell, Moore and everyone else.
I think there's probably a middle ground to this discussion.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think we tried to get Foles and he turned us down for KC.
The Ticket has been running a clip recently where Jerry was telling the media that we had no interest in Foles. They were ridiculing ole Jerr, as they should.

data

Forbes #1
Brady 0-3 vs NFC East. Folks, all we have to do is get there.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You know, when we were busy losing Romo and Kellen Moore for the 2016 season, and forced to roll with a 4th round rookie, Nick Foles was available for cheap. Laziest front office ever.

Maybe my memory is off, but I seem to remember most people here shitting on the thought of bringing in Foles a couple years ago.

Now we should have done it?

GShock

DCC 4Life
I think he cares. Just not enough to say, go out and drive a brink's truck full of money to Howie Roseman's door, or some other proven personnel guy.

Though I guess I shouldn't imply it's about money, cause it's not.

To rephrase..... just not enough that he is willing to let anyone else get credit for building a winner.
God where they were two years ago.

Chip Kelley burned the place to the ground, terrible contracts, Roseman in exile, complete disarray.

Give me some of that process.

data

Forbes #1
Funny thing about the Nick Foles’ success in the RPO is that he doesn’t run it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Funny thing about the Nick Foles’ success in the RPO is that he doesn’t run it.
It's really not much different then a standard play action except it's harder for defenses to read because it isn't predetermined like a normal play action. So when he choses to pass he already knows the defense screwed up. Simplifies things a lot for him. Of course defenses figure it out eventually. Just like they did with Foles in his year two as a starter.

data

Forbes #1
I agree.

I hate that my son is going to grow up not able to say "The Eagles have never won anything."

Thank god I don't live near Philly anymore.
I fear we’ll never win big again and our children will talk about the 90s Cowboys like we do the 60s Browns.

Think about it...the math on the drought is pretty damn accurate.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Smitty

DCC 4Life
God where they were two years ago.

Chip Kelley burned the place to the ground, terrible contracts, Roseman in exile, complete disarray.

Give me some of that process.
They had the pieces for a good defense already, and the Dolphins handed them the missing pieces with Wentz and Ajayi in two inexplicable trades. Also let's not forget the Vikings retardedly giving up a first for Bradford, who is garbage.

To be fair, they've done extraordinarily at finding not just contributors but very good players in veteran free agency. I don't know why we can't do that.

It's lazy to say "laziest front office ever." I think we need Parcells to come in here and overhaul the pro personnel side like he did the college scouts.

Top Bottom