2017 Season | Super Bowl LII | Gameday Chatter | 2-4-2018

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Had no problem with the Ertz TD, but they fucked up the Clement TD.
I have a problem with the Ertz td ONLY because of their rulings on the Dez catch, Megatron td, and Jesse James td. Be consistent in your insanity.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
In my NFL, both are TDs
Ertz yes, because he was clearly a runner (took three steps after the catch), but by the time Clement established full control of the ball, his foot was on the end-line.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Ertz yes, because he was clearly a runner (took three steps after the catch), but by the time Clement established full control of the ball, his foot was on the end-line.
but by that definition Megatron and Dez should both have been a catch

data

Forbes #1
Ok except his explanation is bullshit

bottom line is the rule was not applied consistently, they introduced the new balance argument to justify their call
Yep, the NFL just triple-downed on we have no idea what a catch is
Agreed. Before, the question was simply 'did he get two-feet down.'

In the effort to make it less subjective and more binary, they've introduced different set of requirements depending on 'was he going to the ground or not', a 'football move', and 'becoming a runner'...all of which are still subjective.

No matter how simple or convoluted tax-code thick you make the rule, there's gonna be controversy...if that's the case, opt for simple.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Agreed. Before, the question was simply 'did he get two-feet down.'

In the effort to make it less subjective and more binary, they've introduced different set of requirements depending on 'was he going to the ground or not', a 'football move', and 'becoming a runner'...all of which are still subjective.

No matter how simple or convoluted tax-code thick you make the rule, there's gonna be controversy...if that's the case, opt for simple.
Yes, and now they have introduced the balance argument.

It's obvious they are making it up as they go to justify their ineptness

p1_

DCC 4Life
You know, when we were busy losing Romo and Kellen Moore for the 2016 season, and forced to roll with a 4th round rookie, Nick Foles was available for cheap. Laziest front office ever.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This game, and really playoff run by the Eagles, should put any questions to rest as to the extent that a scheme/game plan can enhance a QB's play.

The Eagles play-calling was masterful throughout the playoffs to help scheme up easy throws for Foles, keep defenses off balance, and manufacture big plays. Foles made some great plays, sure, but I saw more creativity within a single Eagles drive than I've seen out of our offense all god damned season.

Dak isn't perfect but I damn sure wouldn't pass any sort of final judgment on him until I saw him play under a different, more competent staff.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

data

Forbes #1
This game, and really playoff run by the Eagles, should put any questions to rest as to the extent that a scheme/game plan can enhance a QB's play.

The Eagles play-calling was masterful throughout the playoffs to help scheme up easy throws for Foles, keep defenses off balance, and manufacture big plays. Foles made some great plays, sure, but I saw more creativity within a single Eagles drive than I've seen out of our offense all god damned season.

Dak isn't perfect but I damn sure wouldn't pass any sort of final judgment on him until I saw him play under a different, more competent staff.
Feh. We made the right move. Two years ago, Doug Pederson was not a clear upgrade. Now he is a SB champion and clear upgrade, so let's go get him!!!

But, wait, if Eagles miss playoffs next couple years so he gets fired and is actually available, he'd no longer be a clear upgrade.

data

Forbes #1
And I still say Goodell and his failed comedian head of officiating Blandino are trolling us all to see how much bs we will accept
To take it a step further, listening to Blandino trying to justify that Golden Tate had sufficiently established that he was a runner is comically infuriating.

Call Dez Bryant no catch? Fine. I don't agree with it, but I understand the legislation behind it.

But for Golden Tate to have demonstrated enough to show clear possession and OVERTURN an INT called on the field? Blandino asks if Tate, after demonstrating possession, had enough time to transition to a runner. His answer is yes with Tate almost having a third step down with possession.

:lol

Okay, so almost getting a third foot down constitutes sufficient time to demonstrate transition to a runner. I've seen plenty of calls to the contrary. Got it. Too bad it flies in the face of essentially every other call I've seen in the last 10 years since all this bullshit started.

data

Forbes #1
878 passing yards. Foles 373 and Brady 505.

Something about how this represents today's game doesn't sit well with me.

Oh well. NFL did what they had to do to make sure sorority chicks and fantasy geeks were thrilled with the NFL so they can salvage ratings.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Good morning. Hope everyone slept it off and can stand up this morning.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Dez was never a runner. He caught it, fell to the ground and lunged.
Both Dez and Calvin had steps and a knee down and then the "drop". Im with Jsmith on this one as the only reason I was upset was because of inconsistency. It really shouldnt be that hard.

My opinion on those... all three were catches.

midswat

... soon
You know, when we were busy losing Romo and Kellen Moore for the 2016 season, and forced to roll with a 4th round rookie, Nick Foles was available for cheap. Laziest front office ever.
Foles would suck here.

They said during the broadcast that after Foles took over and struggled at the end of the year, that Pederson and Reich spent the bye week looking at Foles from the 2013 season, and implemented a lot of what he did well that year with Chip Kelly into their offense.

Does anyone really think stubborn uncreative Garrett would revamp his offense? Hell no.

We’d be mocking Foles like we did Weeden, Cassell, Moore and everyone else.

midswat

... soon
Should we start a gofundme for [MENTION=112]Stars[/MENTION] to help post his bond after he very likely got arrested last night on domestic violence charges?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Should we start a gofundme for [MENTION=112]Stars[/MENTION] to help post his bond after he very likely got arrested last night on domestic violence charges?
Lol. That was actually tame for him.

Top Bottom