X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bbgun View Post
    didn't agree with his decision to go for two in the 2nd Q (too early to chase those points), but otherwise a solid job
    That was the one decision I also didn't agree with. 16-3 is a lot different than 15-3.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post

Garrett is the antithesis of aggressive.
      Is this a shot at Garrett?

Comment

• Sorry for you guys who have to listen to Iggs fans in person, but I was full team Eagles last night. Whatever might put heat on Jerry and Garrett is what I'm for. It's true he's too football stupid and stubborn to fire Garrett over something like this, but maybe it'll at least highlight how terrible Garrett is and how unacceptable all the excuse-making for 2015 was.

If we'd lost our excellent starting QB, LT, and MLB the Jones Boys would have happily folded up tent, excused it all, and hawked next year's tickets while Garrett printed more of his retarded junior high t-shirts. Pederson just went and and won a Superbowl instead.
        2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

• A random thought....

1995 was a long long time ago. Back then (1992-1995) I was in high school and too young to appreciate what we accomplished.

I hate that I took all of that for granted and didn’t really savor them.

Having just turned 40... it’s been 23 years man. Wow.

This franchise has regressed under the Jones family to where if you take the name brand away and just compare the raw numbers, were basically the bengals or cardinals or lions. We’re lumped in with the other crap franchises. And if stepehen doesn’t offer a ray of hope as some of you suggested last night, then things will never change for this team because the ownership cares more about showmanship and marketability than winning.

Back in the 1950s the Cleveland Browns were considered the standard. Proud, championship franchise with history. Now they are an utter joke. No one associates the Browns with championships. I might be exaggerating but this franchise could be heading down a similar path.

Comment

• Originally posted by midswat View Post
            A random thought....

1995 was a long long time ago. Back then (1992-1995) I was in high school and too young to appreciate what we accomplished.
            Speaking of this, I had the privilege of partying with Greg Tremble last night. I didn't know the guy at first but he said he played safety for the Cowboys in 95, when they won the SB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
              Sorry for you guys who have to listen to Iggs fans in person, but I was full team Eagles last night.
              You know what you have to do to repent...

Comment

• Originally posted by GShock View Post
                No doubt, but their front office still got those deals done. Pieces for a defense? Great, but he went and got the asshole DC that made them great. We were sitting at 4 and couldn't get the franchise QB that we adored, because they made the aggressive move to go above us and get him. And when Bridgewater went down, they jumped on that as well and extorted the Vikes. They weren't a player away, but they were aggressive as hell.

Kudos to them.
                I will agree the aggressiveness they show on the field and in personnel has given them the edge.

Garrett is not the world's worst coach that everyone paints him to be, but he lacks that instinct to be aggressive. He's very safe and conservative and in today's league, not keeping your foot on the gas leads to losses as we've seen time and again.

Comment

• I think going for it on 4th and 2 with 6 minutes left was what won them the game. If they punt there like Garrett would have done, no doubt Brady engineers a long drive that uses basically all of the clock and ends the game. Pederson showed great balls and smarts there.
                  2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
                      I think going for it on 4th and 2 with 6 minutes left was what won them the game. If they punt there like Garrett would have done, no doubt Brady engineers a long drive that uses basically all of the clock and ends the game. Pederson showed great balls and smarts there.
                      That was a huge play.

Possibly the difference between winning and losing in that one play.

Comment

• NYDN columnist Gary Myers loses mind, predicts Dallas championship next year

The Cowboys are going to rebound from their 9-7 season that was sabotaged by Zeke Elliott’s six-game suspension for domestic violence. Even as Elliott kept pushing the suspension back with minor court victories, the inevitable hung over the Cowboys all season. They were only 5-3 with him before the suspension finally hit, then lost their first three games without him and even though they won their last three without him, they were out of the race by the time he returned for the 15th game.

Dak Prescott regressed without Elliott but will build off the adversity. Jones needs to get him a new big-play receiver with Dez Bryant no longer being able to get any separation and he needs additional playmakers at each of the three levels of the defense.

With Carson Wentz coming back next season, the Eagles will contend. I like the Saints, but think they will have a tough time recovering from the Minneapolis Miracle and the NFC South is so competitive that they beat each other up. Any of the four teams could win it; the Packers are always in it because of Aaron Rodgers but otherwise are flawed; the Rams are a fun team but not Super Bowl-ready just yet; the 49ers need two more drafts and they will be Super Bowl contenders with Jimmy G.

Super Bowl LIII: Cowboys 31, Patriots 21

Comment

• Times article on the analytics the Eagles used

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/0...20426&referer=

Comment

• Originally posted by pdom View Post
                            You know what you have to do to repent...

The man may have never ate shit otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDak View Post
                              Maybe my memory is off, but I seem to remember most people here shitting on the thought of bringing in Foles a couple years ago.

Now we should have done it?
                              well, he just won MVP of the Super Bowl. Would you not?
                              defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                                well, he just won MVP of the Super Bowl. Would you not?
                                Larry Brown won the MVP of the Super Bowl, too.

Besides, we were talking about signing him a couple years ago, not today.

Comment

Working...
                                X