Divisional Round Chatter Thread | 01-13-2017-01-14-2018

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Today, Foles was regularly hitting the simple slant. I want to say Dak Prescott is better than Foles, but over the last 8 games, Dak could barely hit a swing pass consistently.
Slight exaggeration. But yeah Dak was off. Still doesn't change the fact that we have no explosive players on offense outside of Zeke.

data

Forbes #1
Slight exaggeration. But yeah Dak was off. Still doesn't change the fact that we have no explosive players on offense outside of Zeke.
Not entirely blaming Dak on that comment, though. Just Dak-to-WR sync was way off across the board.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
SeasonsTeamLast appearance
in Conference Championship Game
Result
29Cincinnati Bengals ^1988 AFCWon vs. Buffalo
26Washington Redskins ^1991 NFCWon vs. Detroit
26Detroit Lions ^1991 NFCLost vs. Washington
25Miami Dolphins ^1992 AFCLost vs. Buffalo
25 [SUP][d][/SUP]Cleveland Browns ^1989 AFCLost vs. Denver
24Buffalo Bills ^1993 AFCWon vs. Kansas City
24Kansas City Chiefs [SUP]†[/SUP]1993 AFCLost vs. Buffalo
22Dallas Cowboys ^1995 NFCWon vs. Green Bay
18Jacksonville Jaguars ^1999 AFCLost vs. Tennessee
16Houston Texans ^Never [SUP][c][/SUP]
16Los Angeles Rams ^ [SUP][a][/SUP]2001 NFCWon vs. Philadelphia
15Tampa Bay Buccaneers2002 NFCWon vs. Philadelphia
15Oakland Raiders ^2002 AFCWon vs. Tennessee
15Tennessee Titans2002 AFCLost vs. Oakland
10Los Angeles Chargers [SUP]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_franchise_post-season_droughts#endnote_Note4b[/SUP]

[TD="align: center"]2007 AFC[/TD]
[TD]Lost vs. New England[/TD]

Teams that have not made the NFC Championship game in the last 20 years:

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
And Philly is set at QB. Without a doubt they have their man for the next ten years, at least. We're waiting to find out if Dak can rebound and handle the job.

data

Forbes #1
Maybe our timing just sucks. Last two times, run into Aaron Rodgers and, before that, the eventual SB champion Giants.

if last years team and momentum had #1 seed this year, we’d whipsaw the Falcons.

Yeah, that’s it. Unlucky timing. Star-crossed champions.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Teams that have not made the NFC Championship game in the last 20 years:
Gawd that's pathetic.

Well, NE scores again. Shit, just get the Lombardi Trophy nice and shiny for them.

I'd almost rather see Philly knock them off and win the whole thing and yes, I will be washing my mouth out with soap.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
"We probably had three guys calling the play based on our study, our preparation".
Malcolm Jenkins on seeing which play was coming on the game's final play.
Schwartz is a helluva D-coordinator.
I would ask "Why can't this be us?". But I know the answer.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I hate the Eagles as much, maybe more than anyone here but I'm sick and effing tired of Belichick/Brady/NE having success year after year. With Dallas out, they're the lesser of the two evils to me.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Philly wins a playoff game with a backup QB. We can't win a game without Sean Lee.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"We probably had three guys calling the play based on our study, our preparation".
Malcolm Jenkins on seeing which play was coming on the game's final play.
Schwartz is a helluva D-coordinator.
I would ask "Why can't this be us?". But I know the answer.
Sean Lee would do that. He actually does a great job of studying and knowing what the offense is about to do.

The problem is the defenses we go against definitely know what plays we are running.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
God bless Belecheck is so much better than Garrett. It's embarassing.

data

Forbes #1
I hate the Eagles as much, maybe more than anyone here but I'm sick and effing tired of Belichick/Brady/NE having success year after year. With Dallas out, they're the lesser of the two evils to me.
They’re already acknowledged as great so more success doesn’t significantly escalate any chatter. A single Eagles SB and now you’ve got both Eagles and Patriots fans in your ear.

With 5 SBs, you’ve already heard the worst from Patriots nation. Can’t get much worse. The level you hate the Eagles fans now? Imagine them with a ring. FML

Consider the Patriots saving us from maybe three more Steelers SBs, ergo tripling the amount of highlights being aired of Swann leaping over Waters, Jackie dropping Staubachs TD pass, etc.

Furthermore, for me personally, I get to rile up 49ers fans and say Montana’s not GOAT, which really infuriates them.

data

Forbes #1
You have to wonder if Amendola laughs at being cut by the Cowboys. He probably felt lower than lower at that time and now looks at it being the biggest blessing in his life.

midswat

... soon
I just hope whoever represents the nfc can beat the Patriots.

So fuuuuuuucking tired of brady

Top Bottom