Want Jason Garrett fired? Here's what needs to happen for your wish to come true

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Only thing that concerns me is the uncertainty of picking up a better coach if Garrett gets canned. Chances are a new coach would just be a lateral move.
Schmitty?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Only thing that concerns me is the uncertainty of picking up a better coach if Garrett gets canned. Chances are a new coach would just be a lateral move. But there is the chance that Jerry unknowingly hires a guy who could make us a contender again. I know he wouldn't intentionally hire someone with a commanding presence.
But I can dream..can't I?
There's always a chance we get a worse coach than Garrett but it would be very apparent if we are worse than mediocre. Also Jerry won't have to worry about photoshopping the next guy out of the family portrait and will have him on a much shorter leash than the gingerfuck who got on the job training.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There's always a chance we get a worse coach than Garrett but it would be very apparent if we are worse than mediocre. Also Jerry won't have to worry about photoshopping the next guy out of the family portrait and will have him on a much shorter leash than the gingerfuck who got on the job training.
The quality of coaching in the NFL is so bad, you are looking at one thing with the majority of them.

A five win season with a shitty coach or a five hundred season with Garrett and no playoffs.

At the end of the day, what is the fucking difference?

I would kind of even get it if he were more remotely consistent in a Marvin Lewis kind of way.

He isn't.

vince

Not So New Member
The quality of coaching in the NFL is so bad, you are looking at one thing with the majority of them.

A five win season with a shitty coach or a five hundred season with Garrett and no playoffs.

I would kind of even get it if he were more remotely consistent in a Marvin Lewis kind of way.

He isn't.
There is no difference when comparing 1 season. However should the 5 win coach win 6-7 the following year and 8-9 after that, then you would keep him. This consistent mediocrity with Garrett should be enough to let everyone know it will not get better.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Well at least once we get the ginger out there's a better chance for changes after a subpar season

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There is no difference when comparing 1 season. However should the 5 win coach win 6-7 the following year and 8-9 after that, then you would keep him. This consistent mediocrity with Garrett should be enough to let everyone know it will not get better.
The whole point is Jones doesn't care if there is mediocrity.

As long as there is relevance.

A Dallas team that goes 8-8 and blows it in the final week of the season is a victory in his eyes.

They were still relevant down to the end.

Meanwhile, you have playoff teams firing folks. It is insane to watch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The whole point is Jones doesn't care if there is mediocrity.

As long as there is relevance.

A Dallas team that goes 8-8 and blows it in the final week of the season is a victory in his eyes.

They were still relevant down to the end.

Meanwhile, you have playoff teams firing folks. It is insane to watch.
Yeah 5-11 kills Jerry because half the season fans don't give a shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah 5-11 kills Jerry because half the season fans don't give a shit.
Depends on how it goes.

If they were 5-0 and had some devastating injury that caused them to lose 11 games down the stretch, he is the rare form of moron that could assume that it was just the injury.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Depends on how it goes.

If they were 5-0 and had some devastating injury that caused them to lose 11 games down the stretch, he is the rare form of moron that could assume that it was just the injury.
Yeah but I'm like most fans. We hit 7 losses and I don't give a shit. You hit that early and no one cares.

Top Bottom