Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want Jason Garrett fired? Here's what needs to happen for your wish to come true

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    I can't bring myself to actively root for the Cowboys to lose games. But if they happen to go 6-10, or something along those lines, it wouldn't bother me because I'll know it's for the greater good.
    I'll be miserable until we get to 6 or 7 losses. Then I'd probably stop caring much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
      I partially agree with this statement. I do agree that Jones' identity and legacy are tied to the Cowboys, but Moore seems to hint that having a successful organization is what Jones values. And that Garrett needs to show that he can win in Dallas or risk being shown the door. That couldn't be further from the truth.

You can't purposely do things ass backwards for over 20 years with absolutely nothing to show for it, then turn around and claim that you care how this team performs on the field. Sorry not buying it.

As long as the money is flowing in and jerseys and tickets are being sold I don't think he'll be motivated to change anything.
      Exactly right. If all Jones cared about was a winning franchise, we wouldn't be sitting here 20 years removed from a SB and consistent playoff appearances when every other NFC team for the most part has ran circles around us. Jones is a carnival barker. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

I know an Italian family back in NJ with NY ties. They might know "a guy".

Comment

Only thing that concerns me is the uncertainty of picking up a better coach if Garrett gets canned. Chances are a new coach would just be a lateral move. But there is the chance that Jerry unknowingly hires a guy who could make us a contender again. I know he wouldn't intentionally hire someone with a commanding presence.
          But I can dream..can't I?

Comment

Originally posted by Couchcoach View Post
            Only thing that concerns me is the uncertainty of picking up a better coach if Garrett gets canned. Chances are a new coach would just be a lateral move. But there is the chance that Jerry unknowingly hires a guy who could make us a contender again. I know he wouldn't intentionally hire someone with a commanding presence.
            There is always the slim chance that he gets ultra frustrated again and hires someone like Bill Parcells again. I know it's slim but it did happen once.

Comment

Only thing that concerns me is the uncertainty of picking up a better coach if Garrett gets canned. Chances are a new coach would just be a lateral move.
              Schmitty?
              2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

There's always a chance we get a worse coach than Garrett but it would be very apparent if we are worse than mediocre. Also Jerry won't have to worry about photoshopping the next guy out of the family portrait and will have him on a much shorter leash than the gingerfuck who got on the job training.
                2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                  There's always a chance we get a worse coach than Garrett but it would be very apparent if we are worse than mediocre. Also Jerry won't have to worry about photoshopping the next guy out of the family portrait and will have him on a much shorter leash than the gingerfuck who got on the job training.
                  The quality of coaching in the NFL is so bad, you are looking at one thing with the majority of them.

A five win season with a shitty coach or a five hundred season with Garrett and no playoffs.

At the end of the day, what is the fucking difference?

I would kind of even get it if he were more remotely consistent in a Marvin Lewis kind of way.

He isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                    The quality of coaching in the NFL is so bad, you are looking at one thing with the majority of them.

A five win season with a shitty coach or a five hundred season with Garrett and no playoffs.

I would kind of even get it if he were more remotely consistent in a Marvin Lewis kind of way.

He isn't.
                    There is no difference when comparing 1 season. However should the 5 win coach win 6-7 the following year and 8-9 after that, then you would keep him. This consistent mediocrity with Garrett should be enough to let everyone know it will not get better.

Comment

Well at least once we get the ginger out there's a better chance for changes after a subpar season
                      2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

Originally posted by vince View Post
                        There is no difference when comparing 1 season. However should the 5 win coach win 6-7 the following year and 8-9 after that, then you would keep him. This consistent mediocrity with Garrett should be enough to let everyone know it will not get better.
                        The whole point is Jones doesn't care if there is mediocrity.

As long as there is relevance.

A Dallas team that goes 8-8 and blows it in the final week of the season is a victory in his eyes.

They were still relevant down to the end.

Meanwhile, you have playoff teams firing folks. It is insane to watch.

Comment

The whole point is Jones doesn't care if there is mediocrity.

As long as there is relevance.

A Dallas team that goes 8-8 and blows it in the final week of the season is a victory in his eyes.

They were still relevant down to the end.

Meanwhile, you have playoff teams firing folks. It is insane to watch.
                          Yeah 5-11 kills Jerry because half the season fans don't give a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                            Yeah 5-11 kills Jerry because half the season fans don't give a shit.
                            Depends on how it goes.

If they were 5-0 and had some devastating injury that caused them to lose 11 games down the stretch, he is the rare form of moron that could assume that it was just the injury.

Comment

Depends on how it goes.

If they were 5-0 and had some devastating injury that caused them to lose 11 games down the stretch, he is the rare form of moron that could assume that it was just the injury.
                              Yeah but I'm like most fans. We hit 7 losses and I don't give a shit. You hit that early and no one cares.

Comment

Working...
                              X