2018 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well if you didn’t like the free agent crop, wouldn’t you indeed look hard at the draft?
Actually after listening to the actual news conference that quote is a basterdization of what was actually said. They said they didn't feel like in free agency any of the safeties were a good fit with the current group we have. Which means something totally different. And frankly may be a sly comment about Reid and his kneeling bullshit.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I sadly fear there is a trade going to happen with Seattle. If we give up more than a 3rd I'm going to be unhappy.
Count me in as one of the few who doesn't want to make this thing happen at all.
We need more than a safety, and I hate to see us give away draft picks for a player pushing 30. I like our chances of finding some good talent in the first four rounds.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Question: With us needing help in the safety position, why on earth did we focus all attention on Thomas, and not consider someone like a Tre Boston? (whos still on the market today) . No trades or picks required, just a good player to strengthen and improve our safety lineup.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Question: With us needing help in the safety position, why on earth did we focus all attention on Thomas, and not consider someone like a Tre Boston? (whos still on the market today) . No trades or picks required, just a good player to strengthen and improve our safety lineup.
That's a damn good question. One that none of us have an answer for.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
That's a damn good question. One that none of us have an answer for.
If he's so good...

Cotton

Staff member
How much is he asking for? I thought he said he'd sign a one year vet min.
I have no idea, but I know he turned down $7 mill per. Where did you hear that he said he would sign for the vet minimum? That's kinda hard to believe considering what he turned down.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I have no idea, but I know he turned down $7 mill per. Where did you hear that he said he would sign for the vet minimum? That's kinda hard to believe considering what he turned down.
it was the length he didn't like, he prefers a one year prove it deal.

Cotton

Staff member
it was the length he didn't like, he prefers a one year prove it deal.
So, you're saying he would rather play for $800 than a secure 3 year deal worth $21 million?

Cotton

Staff member
Not me, him or his agent.
That's really hard to believe. It makes zero sense. Play for a ton less money with the risk of getting hurt and never getting another big paycheck versus being locked in for 3 years and getting $21 million?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That's really hard to believe. It makes zero sense. Play for a ton less money with the risk of getting hurt and never getting another big paycheck versus being locked in for 3 years and getting $21 million?
Apparently he did in fact reject 3 years, $21 million from the Ravens. His stated reasoning was he wanted an NFC East team, to take it out on the Cowboys.

I guess not considering at the time that maybe no NFC East team actually wanted him. I think an unspoken part was probably that he thinks he's worth more than 7 million a year, and thought by taking a one-year prove-it deal, he could cash in with another megadeal ($50 million) the following offseason.

I wouldn't be shocked if that was his thinking. But he's gonna have to find someone to take him at some point.

Top Bottom