2018 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saw Rod Woodson saying that Reid was more a throwback box safety that simply isn't in much demand anymore. He thought his lack of a contract was more about that than any political stance.
I don't believe this. He was pretty solid in coverage as well. I think it's just NFL media people trying to cover for the NFL. But I say who cares. There is nothing wrong with owners not wanting to sign a guy who offends their fans.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Malcolm Jenkins

I have seen him doing things in the community as well. I thought the same thing. It's all well and good to take a stand but if your life doesn't mirror your overt actions then you are a hypocrite.
Yes, that was him. He was working with the local agencies and neighborhoods to build relationships rather than just kneeling and pouting. It's a shame the sporting media didn't pay him and his like more attention than the others.

kidd

DCC 4Life
“I’m not saying I’m going to stop being active because I won’t. I’m just going to consider different ways to be active, different ways to bring awareness to the issues of this country and improve on the issues happening in this country. I don’t think it will be in the form of protesting during the anthem. I say ‘during’ because it’s crazy that the narrative changed to we were protesting the anthem and that wasn’t the case. I think we’re going to take a different approach to how we’re going to be active.”
I guess that's why teams stood for the UK's Anthem and knelt for ours. :jerk

“I would say I understand that’s[blackballing] a possibility. And I’m completely fine with it. The things that I’ve done, I stand by, and I’ve done that for my own personal beliefs. Like I said, I’m fine with whatever outcome happens because of that.”
:lol Ain't reality a bitch?

I honestly think these players were delusional enough to think their "cause" would somehow justify their actions and nullify any repercussions.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I honestly think these players were delusional enough to think their "cause" would somehow justify their actions and nullify any repercussions.
Or because, you know football. They'll watch us anyway because they love us and can't do without us.

Just like those St. Louis players right after what happened there coming in with fists raised and such.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Why aren't we looking at Kenny Vaccaro? People say he has a injury issue but he's played in 85% of the games he could in his career. He did have a PED suspension but it was for Adderral. Seems like he would be a good signing. Be cheaper now than after the draft. Derwin ain't dropping to us...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why aren't we looking at Kenny Vaccaro? People say he has a injury issue but he's played in 85% of the games he could in his career. He did have a PED suspension but it was for Adderral. Seems like he would be a good signing. Be cheaper now than after the draft. Derwin ain't dropping to us...
We should be looking at Tre Boston also.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't really know anything about Boston. Which is a better free safety?
I think Boston is more of a pure FS.

I'm very surprised how soft the FA safety market has been. Even the guys who signed didn't exactly sign huge deals. Makes me wonder how this draft is really going to shake out at safety.

Winstar

Brand New Member
I know there are varying thoughts on the subject but regarding Kaepernick and Reid, I think a large part is the kneeling. I saw where folks were burning jerseys and throwing out their memorabilia. That stuff ain't cheap and they were not giving it away, they were trashing it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:dunce

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That's stunningly ridiculous.
Apparently Stephen is a firm believer in the Mickey Spagnola free agency theory. We're in for a long ride guys

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Apparently Stephen is a firm believer in the Mickey Spagnola free agency theory. We're in for a long ride guys
Once they get that star on the helmet, they are instantly better than what you could get in free agency.

Until they aren't.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't buy this otherwise they wouldn't be looking at safeties in this draft which they clearly are. Seems like we hear this same bit about Dallas's safeties every year.

The sad thing is we actually have some cap room and there are free agents to be had still. If we wanted one of these safeties we could pick them up cheap with no problem. We have over 12 mil in cap space right now.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I sadly fear there is a trade going to happen with Seattle. If we give up more than a 3rd I'm going to be unhappy.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't buy this otherwise they wouldn't be looking at safeties in this draft which they clearly are. Seems like we hear this same bit about Dallas's safeties every year.
Well if you didn’t like the free agent crop, wouldn’t you indeed look hard at the draft?

Top Bottom