2018 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Dallas has no starting quality safety.

Eric Reid is available.

But the owner is a Trump dick sucker.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Guys, it might take 5 a year to sign one of these safeties, not efficient at all.

GShock

DCC 4Life
In between the lame duck coaching hires and the lack of effort in FA, feels a lot like Jerry sees this season and coaching staff as a lost cause and he is absolutely unwilling to sink a penny more into it than he absolutely has to, knowing what he will have to pay next season.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Getting the gut feeling that the only way this team takes the next step is hitting home runs in the draft. I know that's nearly impossible to do all the way around the roster. But the FA decisions we've made over the past few years have accomplished nothing.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Getting the gut feeling that the only way this team takes the next step is hitting home runs in the draft. I know that's nearly impossible to do all the way around the roster. But the FA decisions we've made over the past few years have accomplished nothing.
2016 was as close to lightning in a bottle as this team has ever seen, and they utterly screwed that pooch going one and done.

This coaching staff could find a way to fail with a roster loaded with HOFers. Dallas rides its talent instead of bringing out the best in it. We all saw what they did with Marion Barber and it’s nearly the same with Dez Bryant or Tony Romo.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
In between the lame duck coaching hires and the lack of effort in FA, feels a lot like Jerry sees this season and coaching staff as a lost cause and he is absolutely unwilling to sink a penny more into it than he absolutely has to, knowing what he will have to pay next season.
I'd gladly sacrifice a season if it meant flushing Red and Co.

Unfortunately I doubt that's what Jerry is really thinking. I think Steve is just cheap, and thinks he'll draft the players he needs.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'd gladly sacrifice a season if it meant flushing Red and Co.

Unfortunately I doubt that's what Jerry is really thinking. I think Steve is just cheap, and thinks he'll draft the players he needs.
That's just part of the problem. Team needs to be sold.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That's just part of the problem. Team needs to be sold.
True, but good God, we are so stuck with this clueless clan. Why couldn't it be Robert Kraft ? Id much rather have NE's problems at this point.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
True, but good God, we are so stuck with this clueless clan. Why couldn't it be Robert Kraft ? Id much rather have NE's problems at this point.
Wouldn't even have to be Kraft, IMO.

90% of the league's owners would be an upgrade over the Jones Clan.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You like those 3 Super Bowls? I hope you do. I hope you do very much.
And get that shit tatted anywhere you want, the number won't be changing in our lifetime.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
And get that shit tatted anywhere you want, the number won't be changing in our lifetime.
I want to laugh but the sad reality of your statement brings me great heartache.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I want to laugh but the sad reality of your statement brings me great heartache.
It's ok to laugh, it's much better than crying.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Wouldn't even have to be Kraft, IMO.

90% of the league's owners would be an upgrade over the Jones Clan.
I would take any of the other owners (Dan Snyder and Mike Brown would definitely be at the bottom of the list though)at this point because at least they attempt to hire a GM and let them do their job. Even if they make poor GM hirings....

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
If he wasn't such a front liner on the kneeling thing we'd consider him. But then again he wouldn't be available either.
I wonder if this will change anything:

"Eric Reid says he'll cease anthem protests as teams shun him in free agency
DJ Dunson
Shutdown CornerMar 22, 2018, 9:32 PM

Eric Reid is walking back his commitment to kneeling during the national anthem as a form of protest. Nearly two weeks into NFL free agency, Reid has encountered a barren market for his services despite being regarded as one of the best available safeties.

Reid, 26, was one of the first teammates to begin kneeling alongside Colin Kaepernick during the 2016 preseason and continued kneeling even after the Player’s Coalition came to a $100 million agreement with the NFL in November.

After starting all 13 games he was healthy enough to compete in for the San Francisco 49ers last season, Reid has yet to receive a contract offer as organizations have seemingly painted an arbitrary line in the sand on this particular issue.
Eric Reid knelt alongside Colin Kaepernick in 2016. (Getty)

The icy reception from teams has compelled Reid to rethink his method of public activism. To improve his prospects of latching onto a team in free agency, Reid has decided to cease his anthem protests for the 2018 campaign and beyond, per ESPN.

During his brother Justin’s pro day workout on Thursday, Reid articulated his drastic change of heart.

“I’m not saying I’m going to stop being active because I won’t. I’m just going to consider different ways to be active, different ways to bring awareness to the issues of this country and improve on the issues happening in this country. I don’t think it will be in the form of protesting during the anthem. I say ‘during’ because it’s crazy that the narrative changed to we were protesting the anthem and that wasn’t the case. I think we’re going to take a different approach to how we’re going to be active.”

Reid previously said he was willing to accept the consequences of his prominent role in organizing respectful anthem protests over the past two seasons, including a possible blackballing from teams.

“I would say I understand that’s[blackballing] a possibility. And I’m completely fine with it. The things that I’ve done, I stand by, and I’ve done that for my own personal beliefs. Like I said, I’m fine with whatever outcome happens because of that.”

“There are probably teams that won’t want to talk to me because of it. I’m hopeful that I will be on a team next year, but if not, again, that’s OK with me.”

However, in recent days, Reid resolved to find new ways to engage the community, stating “You have to change with the times,” and that protests during the anthem have run their course.

Reid has heard from his agent about interests from teams, but money hasn’t been discussed. Last week, he accused owners of discouraging front offices from pursuing him.

The first-round pick of the 49ers in 2013 registered 10 interceptions and 36 passes defended, playing both safety positions and some linebacker in his five seasons with the San Francisco 49ers."

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
The sad thing is that rather than look for ways to actually make a difference in their communities (some did I know, like the Philly player whose name I can't recall) this way of protesting made people care less about their message (for any of them that actually knew what it was) and more about what they were doing. You rarely if ever heard of anything they were doing outside of the anthem protest to work toward a fix for what ever issue they were targeting. Lack of forethought by those that committed what amounts to career suicide for some of them. And those you did hear from their message about police brutality was based on fallacy anyway.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Saw Rod Woodson saying that Reid was more a throwback box safety that simply isn't in much demand anymore. He thought his lack of a contract was more about that than any political stance.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
The sad thing is that rather than look for ways to actually make a difference in their communities (some did I know, like the Philly player whose name I can't recall) this way of protesting made people care less about their message (for any of them that actually knew what it was) and more about what they were doing. You rarely if ever heard of anything they were doing outside of the anthem protest to work toward a fix for what ever issue they were targeting. Lack of forethought by those that committed what amounts to career suicide for some of them. And those you did hear from their message about police brutality was based on fallacy anyway.
Malcolm Jenkins

I have seen him doing things in the community as well. I thought the same thing. It's all well and good to take a stand but if your life doesn't mirror your overt actions then you are a hypocrite.

Top Bottom