2018 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Time and time again this stupid ass front offices sits back doing nothing only to watch our division rivals get better and better adding pieces that actually count while they wait for the leftovers no one else wants. That is why this team will never win anything again with these clowns.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I'd like to get such here, but not at expense of Irving, Lawrence, or martin.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol :lol :lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There's nothing wrong with focusing primarily on the draft and bargain-hunting in free agency.

There is a problem when you become so opposed to free agency that you basically do nothing and hold yourself hostage, letting potential bargains go by the wayside. That's where these guys are seemingly at right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There's nothing wrong with focusing primarily on the draft and bargain-hunting in free agency.

There is a problem when you become so opposed to free agency that you basically do nothing and hold yourself hostage, letting potential bargains go by the wayside. That's where these guys are seemingly at right now.
The "bargains" don't really exist.

If you are going to sift through the shit left over after a few days have gone by in free agency, you get shit in return like Carroll and Paea.

The idea is to prepare and have a plan. If it means one precision strike to nail down a starter, do it.

But you have to be prepared. If not, you are vacillating like we are doing right now and then eventually they feel compelled to "plug holes" in preparation with the draft and end up spending just as much on a couple of shit players than they would on one focused signing early in the process to ensure you get your man.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The "bargains" don't really exist.

If you are going to sift through the shit left over after a few days have gone by in free agency, you get shit in return like Carroll and Paea.

The idea is to prepare and have a plan. If it means one precision strike to nail down a starter, do it.

But you have to be prepared. If not, you are vacillating like we are doing right now and then eventually they feel compelled to "plug holes" in preparation with the draft and end up spending just as much on a couple of shit players than they would on one focused signing early in the process to ensure you get your man.
I don't disagree, but there are bargains. DJ Swearinger signed for like 4/15 million last year, Chris Long signed for like 2 a year, Tahir Whitehead a few years ago signed for like 2 a year, Nigel Bradham about the same, Zach Brown too. Alex Okafor signed for like 1 million last year and was very good until the injury.

This is just off the top of my head but there are bargains out there, they just aren't proactive enough to search them out.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I don't disagree, but there are bargains. DJ Swearinger signed for like 4/15 million last year, Chris Long signed for like 2 a year, Tahir Whitehead a few years ago signed for like 2 a year, Nigel Bradham about the same, Zach Brown too. Alex Okafor signed for like 1 million last year and was very good until the injury.
and, um, some guy named Nick Foles

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Amazing how we have no money even though we have a QB on a rookie 4th round pick contract.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Still paying for a receiver who's way past his prime.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Still paying for a QB that couldn't stay healthy most of his career. :budd
I remember the day he signed that massive deal. Gotta give credit where its due, Romo was good. But I cringed knowing it was gonna crush us financially. Particularly with him already being physically worn down.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still paying for a receiver who's way past his prime.
And yet the Packers have no problem cutting Jordy Nelson because he will count 12 mil against the cap. Even though he is only a year removed from a 1257 yard season.

This is why we never have money for free agency. We are too busy clinging to contracts on guys like Dez and Witten who are past their prime.

Top Bottom