2018 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

quite an indictment, if true
I don't really want either as our starting TE.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This shit is getting annoying.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Someone text a source about Mathieu.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
"At the money he wants".

Of course.

Seems like these guys aren't willing to sign anybody unless a guy immolates himself in front of them and accepts whatever contract they're willing to offer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"At the money he wants".

Of course.

Seems like these guys aren't willing to sign anybody unless a guy immolates himself in front of them and accepts whatever contract they're willing to offer.
Yep you can't offer guys like Sammy Watkins 9 mil a year and expect to have any kind of a chance. Not when other teams are willing to pay nearly twice as much.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yep you can't offer guys like Sammy Watkins 9 mil a year and expect to have any kind of a chance. Not when other teams are willing to pay nearly twice as much.
but his coach and stuff

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
"At the money he wants".

Of course.

It is an arrogant and insulting stance to be honest.

I bet players laugh at their audacity.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Once again, it apparently comes down to the Cowboys being cheap.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Once again, it apparently comes down to the Cowboys being cheap.
Dude is still only 28 years old. Obviously he isn't going to sign for pennies.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Rationalizing a bit. "Most" is clearly an exaggeration.

But yeah, that mofo is still on the books.
Of his 7 full seasons as a starter, I counted him missing 22 games due to injury before the 2016 season. It may be most in terms of more games lost than played, but it is most in terms of he missed crucial games throughout his career because of the injuries.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Soooo, wouldja?
I would but I'd want to make sure I could get out of the deal if his health goes south. When he is healthy he is every bit worth 13 mil a season in my opinion. A true game changing safety and one of the best if not the best in the NFL. We have a really cheap secondary. I don't see any problem with having one high priced guy back there.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I would but I'd want to make sure I could get out of the deal if his health goes south. When he is healthy he is every bit worth 13 mil a season in my opinion. A true game changing safety and one of the best if not the best in the NFL. We have a really cheap secondary. I don't see any problem with having one high priced guy back there.

Clearly, he wants to be here. Perhaps he'd be amenable to a deal that would protect us.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Clearly, he wants to be here. Perhaps he'd be amenable to a deal that would protect us.
He is not. He wants at least Eric Berry money, maybe more.

Forget all that stupid shit about him "wanting to be here". He does not want to be that badly.

Top Bottom