DCC Convention

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I registered for info. I may go since I'm only an hour away. Just depends on schedule.

data

Forbes #1
[MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION]

reach out to Ed Guapo. Tell him I sent you.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, this is the list I have so far. Let me know if I missed someone.

Iamtdg
Jsmith
Pdom
Unc
1big
Ace
Vince
Forts (maybe)

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You gotta get Ed there. He’s a ton of fun. Last time we went to an event together he threw something at Greg Eliis.

Cujo is a pretty cool dude too.

data

Forbes #1
Damn. Making it won’t be easy as I thought. I’m only a maybe now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION]

reach out to Ed Guapo. Tell him I sent you.
I'll do that, but I doubt he'll go.

The Cowboys aren't of much interest to him these days, and he obviously doesn't miss the board much or he'd still be around.

I could be wrong, but my guess is that he won't have any interest in going.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I stand corrected.....Ed is interested.

No confirmation, but he is intrigued. He said to keep him updated on the confirmation list.

Cotton

Staff member

No confirmation, but he is intrigued. He said to keep him updated on the confirmation list.
:towel

Cotton

Staff member

I will put the list I have on the OP, and keep it updated there for you and others to reference.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I will put the list I have on the OP, and keep it updated there for you and others to reference.
What days are the guys shooting for?

He said if he goes, he'll only be there for Thursday and Friday which are the same days I would be there for.

Cotton

Staff member

He said if he goes, he'll only be there for Thursday and Friday which are the same days I would be there for.
I think Thursday and Friday are the two days most would want to be there, so I say we shoot for those two days and if anyone wants to stay longer than that, they can.

data

Forbes #1

I think Thursday and Friday are the two days most would want to be there, so I say we shoot for those two days and if anyone wants to stay longer than that, they can.
If you guys are gonna be there Thursday, that makes my chances better. I can fly in Wed, party all day Thursday at the Deathstar and leave Friday early afternoon after the big DCC Brisket Feed.

I originally was thinking meetup date was Friday night and stadium on Saturday.

Cotton

Staff member
If you guys are gonna be there Thursday, that makes my chances better. I can fly in Wed, party all day Thursday at the Deathstar and leave Friday early afternoon after the big DCC Brisket Feed.

I originally was thinking meetup date was Friday night and stadium on Saturday.
I think we want to be there for the first round for sure.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think we want to be there for the first round for sure.
Yea, if the draft is the event of choice, then you might as well take in the full spectacle.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm curious to know the price of these tix.
I found this on another msg board. Not sure of the accuracy of it.

I went last year in New York. First to get in the draft is free, but for the first round expect to stand in line for roughly 4 - 6 hours the day before to get the wristband to get in. Then they will give you a piece of paper saying don't line up until 5PM the next day but do listen to that start lining up earlier then that.. Now to actual cost.. My Mom and I split cost of the hotel for a gift for my Dad's birthday so him and I could go.

Hotel (Kind of a crappy one at that) $600 - Note that the draft is on Thursday but you have to be in the City Wednesday to stand in line to get your ticket. The price of the hotel rooms doubled and some even tripled the week of the draft.. So if you do plan on going try to book your room as soon as possible.

Parking in New York City - 50 bucks a DAY! Now I am not sure if Chicago is as bad with parking as New York but it was a cost that I didn't originally think of

Then you can figure out the Gas, Food and extras.

I will say that it did cost a good chunk of change, but It was a great experience. I had a great time in the city and I would love to do it again and we are actually talking about going again.

Cotton

Staff member
I've been doing some reading around, and getting into the main area of the draft is going to be tough, especially the first round.

vince

Not So New Member
I found this on another msg board. Not sure of the accuracy of it.

I went last year in New York. First to get in the draft is free, but for the first round expect to stand in line for roughly 4 - 6 hours the day before to get the wristband to get in. Then they will give you a piece of paper saying don't line up until 5PM the next day but do listen to that start lining up earlier then that.. Now to actual cost.. My Mom and I split cost of the hotel for a gift for my Dad's birthday so him and I could go.

Hotel (Kind of a crappy one at that) $600 - Note that the draft is on Thursday but you have to be in the City Wednesday to stand in line to get your ticket. The price of the hotel rooms doubled and some even tripled the week of the draft.. So if you do plan on going try to book your room as soon as possible.

Parking in New York City - 50 bucks a DAY! Now I am not sure if Chicago is as bad with parking as New York but it was a cost that I didn't originally think of

Then you can figure out the Gas, Food and extras.

I will say that it did cost a good chunk of change, but It was a great experience. I had a great time in the city and I would love to do it again and we are actually talking about going again.
Well sounds like we'll need to take a cooler full of beer, fellas.

Cotton

Staff member
Top Bottom