DCC Convention

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The idea has been floated about meeting up at the draft and having the long-awaited inaugural DCC Convention. We need to discuss a few things.

Who all is hoping to attend? We would need a number to determine the answer to some of the other questions.

Where do we watch the first round if we decide to watch it somewhere but at the draft?

What days would be a good range? Or do we just nail down the whole weekend?

Other things I'm not thinking of at the moment?

We just need to get something nailed down as early as possible so everyone can make travel arrangements well in advance.

Updated list of members attending:

Iamtdg
Jsmith
Pdom (maybe)
Unc
1big
Ace
Vince
Forts (maybe)
Guapo (maybe)

Last edited:

midswat

... soon
Honey? Can I fly out to Dallas so I can watch the NFL draft in a hotel room with my internet friends?

Please record that conversation and post it on Youtube. Please.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If I can't have anonymous sex in a furry costume, I ain't coming.

Cotton

Staff member
Honey? Can I fly out to Dallas so I can watch the NFL draft in a hotel room with my internet friends?

I have already had that conversation with my wife, and she is perfectly fine with it.

Cotton

Staff member
If I can't have anonymous sex in a furry costume, I ain't coming.
You most certainly can........ in your own room.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Wait, I thought everyone was actually going to the draft.

Fyi, I fucked up and that's my wedding weekend. How I blanked on the draft setting that date I have no idea.

Cotton

Staff member
Wait, I thought everyone was actually going to the draft.

Fyi, I fucked up and that's my wedding weekend. How I blanked on the draft setting that date I have no idea.
We will be going to the draft. The question is which day do we go to the draft? Do we go to the draft all 3 days? Do we just go days 2 and 3? And if we decide to stay all weekend where do we watch the rest of the draft if we don't go all 3 days.

Sucks about your wedding, rook.

midswat

... soon
If they're having the draft in Dallas.... GO to the draft.

Pretty sure everyone has a TV at home nicer than the TV in most hotels. Or sports bars.

If you're going to do it... go all out. Draft might not be in Dallas again for another 10 years or so.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
We will be going to the draft. The question is which day do we go to the draft? Do we go to the draft all 3 days? Do we just go days 2 and 3? And if we decide to stay all weekend where do we watch the rest of the draft if we don't go all 3 days.

Sucks about your wedding, rook.
When do tickets go on sale? Just tried to use the google and didn't find anything definite

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Did find this from last year at Philly and they used a lottery system for tickets but surely AT&T Stadium has more available than this?

Option #1: Lottery

Around mid-to-late March, the NFL will release the details on how to enter the draft lottery to win 2 tickets to the draft. Last year, the drawing was open for about 2 weeks and winners were notified about 3 weeks prior to the draft. You have to be 18 years-old to enter and it is one entry per person. Last year about 80,000 people entered and about 5,000 tickets were awarded (meaning 2,500 winners were selected.) That put your odds of winning at about 1 in 32, or 3.125%.

But, you need to keep in mind that the draft is 3 days and there are usually two different areas of the draft: the main stage/theater where the players walk up to see the commissioner, and another stage/square for viewing the draft on a big screen. Those 5,000 tickets from the lottery were spread out like this:

1,500 Day 1/Round 1 tickets to the main theater (750 winners)

500 Day 1/Round 1 tickets to the square/plaza area (250 winners)

1,500 Day 2/Rounds 2-3 tickets to the main theater (750 winners)

500 Day 2/Rounds 2-3 tickets to the square/plaza area (250 winners)

1,000 Day 3/Rounds 4-7 tickets to the square/plaza area only, as the late rounds did not take place in the main theater (500 winners)

So, if you were hoping to go to Round 1/Day 1 of the draft, your odds were 1 in 80, or 1.25%. And to be in the actual main theater you see on TV on Day 1, your odds plummeted to less than 1% (.9375%, or 1 in 107.) However, with the number of people entering usually limited to those fans willing to travel to the draft city on a few weeks’ notice and the fans in the immediate area, I think it’s safe to say there will be WAY more people entering this year’s lottery compared to when it was in Chicago.

The Philly fan base alone might be good for submitting 80-100K entries. Then you add the rest of the teams fans, especially the New York, Maryland, Pittsburgh and the disgustingly large amount of abhorrent Philly-area Dallas fans, and you’re closing in on Powerball odds. But, it’s not hopeless for us hometown fans, because of the next option.
rest of article here- https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/2/24/14727120/the-eagles-fan-experience-1-so-you-want-to-attend-the-nfl-draft-in

midswat

... soon
Completely unrelated but I have to say how much I do miss being young (mid 20s), draft on Saturdays, grilling, drinking, playing cards, warm weather.... just having an unofficial man holiday with good friends. While it leads to a lot less heartache/disappointment, I do sometimes miss being an NFL fanatic and the excitement little things like the draft or Cowboys kick offs used to bring me.

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
I tried that earlier too, error said something about wrong captcha but didn't have anyplace to enter one
Yep, I got the same error.

data

Forbes #1
Completely unrelated but I have to say how much I do miss being young (mid 20s), draft on Saturdays, grilling, drinking, playing cards, warm weather.... just having an unofficial man holiday with good friends. While it leads to a lot less heartache/disappointment, I do sometimes miss being an NFL fanatic and the excitement little things like the draft or Cowboys kick offs used to bring me.
dilly dilly

...and Goodell took that away with this Thursday/Friday bullshit.

Friends from all over the county would gather because draft involves all teams.

midswat

... soon
dilly dilly

...and Goodell took that away with this Thursday/Friday bullshit.

Friends from all over the county would gather because draft involves all teams.
Gosh rereading that post i come off very emo. My bad.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Did find this from last year at Philly and they used a lottery system for tickets but surely AT&T Stadium has more available than this?
I though the draft was going to be at the Star facility instead of ATTStadium.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I though the draft was going to be at the Star facility instead of ATTStadium.
Is it? I thought I saw it was at The Star at first but everything I see now says the stadium

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Is it? I thought I saw it was at The Star at first but everything I see now says the stadium
I’m not sure about it. It is a low key event presently. I don’t hear much about it.

Top Bottom