Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCC Convention

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DCC Convention

    The idea has been floated about meeting up at the draft and having the long-awaited inaugural DCC Convention. We need to discuss a few things.

    Who all is hoping to attend? We would need a number to determine the answer to some of the other questions.

    Where do we watch the first round if we decide to watch it somewhere but at the draft?

    What days would be a good range? Or do we just nail down the whole weekend?

    Other things I'm not thinking of at the moment?

    We just need to get something nailed down as early as possible so everyone can make travel arrangements well in advance.


    Updated list of members attending:

    Iamtdg
    Jsmith
    Pdom (maybe)
    Unc
    1big
    Ace
    Vince
    Forts (maybe)
    Guapo (maybe)
    Last edited by Iamtdg; 01-09-2018, 12:05 PM.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  • #2
    Honey? Can I fly out to Dallas so I can watch the NFL draft in a hotel room with my internet friends?


    Please record that conversation and post it on Youtube. Please.

    Comment


    • #3
      If I can't have anonymous sex in a furry costume, I ain't coming.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by midswat View Post
        Honey? Can I fly out to Dallas so I can watch the NFL draft in a hotel room with my internet friends?


        Please record that conversation and post it on Youtube. Please.
        I have already had that conversation with my wife, and she is perfectly fine with it.
        2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bbgun View Post
          If I can't have anonymous sex in a furry costume, I ain't coming.
          You most certainly can........ in your own room.
          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by midswat View Post
            Honey? Can I fly out to Dallas so I can watch the NFL draft in a hotel room with my internet friends?


            Please record that conversation and post it on Youtube. Please.
            Wait, I thought everyone was actually going to the draft.

            Fyi, I fucked up and that's my wedding weekend. How I blanked on the draft setting that date I have no idea.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
              Wait, I thought everyone was actually going to the draft.

              Fyi, I fucked up and that's my wedding weekend. How I blanked on the draft setting that date I have no idea.
              We will be going to the draft. The question is which day do we go to the draft? Do we go to the draft all 3 days? Do we just go days 2 and 3? And if we decide to stay all weekend where do we watch the rest of the draft if we don't go all 3 days.

              Sucks about your wedding, rook.
              2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

              Comment


              • #8
                If they're having the draft in Dallas.... GO to the draft.

                Pretty sure everyone has a TV at home nicer than the TV in most hotels. Or sports bars.

                If you're going to do it... go all out. Draft might not be in Dallas again for another 10 years or so.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                  We will be going to the draft. The question is which day do we go to the draft? Do we go to the draft all 3 days? Do we just go days 2 and 3? And if we decide to stay all weekend where do we watch the rest of the draft if we don't go all 3 days.

                  Sucks about your wedding, rook.
                  When do tickets go on sale? Just tried to use the google and didn't find anything definite
                  2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                    When do tickets go on sale? Just tried to use the google and didn't find anything definite
                    I'm not sure.
                    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Did find this from last year at Philly and they used a lottery system for tickets but surely AT&T Stadium has more available than this?

                      Option #1: Lottery

                      Around mid-to-late March, the NFL will release the details on how to enter the draft lottery to win 2 tickets to the draft. Last year, the drawing was open for about 2 weeks and winners were notified about 3 weeks prior to the draft. You have to be 18 years-old to enter and it is one entry per person. Last year about 80,000 people entered and about 5,000 tickets were awarded (meaning 2,500 winners were selected.) That put your odds of winning at about 1 in 32, or 3.125%.

                      But, you need to keep in mind that the draft is 3 days and there are usually two different areas of the draft: the main stage/theater where the players walk up to see the commissioner, and another stage/square for viewing the draft on a big screen. Those 5,000 tickets from the lottery were spread out like this:

                      1,500 Day 1/Round 1 tickets to the main theater (750 winners)

                      500 Day 1/Round 1 tickets to the square/plaza area (250 winners)

                      1,500 Day 2/Rounds 2-3 tickets to the main theater (750 winners)

                      500 Day 2/Rounds 2-3 tickets to the square/plaza area (250 winners)

                      1,000 Day 3/Rounds 4-7 tickets to the square/plaza area only, as the late rounds did not take place in the main theater (500 winners)

                      So, if you were hoping to go to Round 1/Day 1 of the draft, your odds were 1 in 80, or 1.25%. And to be in the actual main theater you see on TV on Day 1, your odds plummeted to less than 1% (.9375%, or 1 in 107.) However, with the number of people entering usually limited to those fans willing to travel to the draft city on a few weeks’ notice and the fans in the immediate area, I think it’s safe to say there will be WAY more people entering this year’s lottery compared to when it was in Chicago.

                      The Philly fan base alone might be good for submitting 80-100K entries. Then you add the rest of the teams fans, especially the New York, Maryland, Pittsburgh and the disgustingly large amount of abhorrent Philly-area Dallas fans, and you’re closing in on Powerball odds. But, it’s not hopeless for us hometown fans, because of the next option.
                      rest of article here- https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...e-nfl-draft-in
                      2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Completely unrelated but I have to say how much I do miss being young (mid 20s), draft on Saturdays, grilling, drinking, playing cards, warm weather.... just having an unofficial man holiday with good friends. While it leads to a lot less heartache/disappointment, I do sometimes miss being an NFL fanatic and the excitement little things like the draft or Cowboys kick offs used to bring me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                          Did find this from last year at Philly and they used a lottery system for tickets but surely AT&T Stadium has more available than this?



                          rest of article here- https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...e-nfl-draft-in
                          I'm trying to sign up for draft location notifications but it is giving me an error. If someone else wants to try go to https://nflonlocation.com/nfldraft/.
                          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                            I'm trying to sign up for draft location notifications but it is giving me an error. If someone else wants to try go to https://nflonlocation.com/nfldraft/.
                            I tried that earlier too, error said something about wrong captcha but didn't have anyplace to enter one
                            2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                              I tried that earlier too, error said something about wrong captcha but didn't have anyplace to enter one
                              Yep, I got the same error.
                              2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X