Irving discusses symptoms of concussion

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:buddy

Still holds true though, safety equipment has just done the sport more violent, especially hard helmets.
Hard helmets were devised to protect the head not something to be used as a weapon. If a player uses a helmet to harm others then the whole purpose of it is a betrayal of the sport.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
That's why I advocate going back to the leather helmets you used, hard helmets are not being used as protection, but rather as a weapon.
I agree with this. Or at least make a helmet that is very pliable rather than hard. I really think they could redesign the unis to protect the players a lot more. Might affect their agility though which is probably why it isn't done.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
That's why I advocate going back to the leather helmets you used, hard helmets are not being used as protection, but rather as a weapon.
I don't think the padding inside really helps either. The brain still sloshes around in your skull from the impact. If you could shake your head back and forth fast enough, you'd probably end up dizzy as hell with some possible concussion like symptoms.

Top Bottom