2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
That's crazy because when he first got hurt they thought he'd be back for the next game.

He's milking it, or he's crazy as hell...either way he doesn't deserve a contract this offseason.

Go tease somebody else, you talented and lazy bastid.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That's crazy because when he first got hurt they thought he'd be back for the next game.

He's milking it, or he's crazy as hell...either way he doesn't deserve a contract this offseason.

Go tease somebody else, you talented and lazy bastid.
Fucking Dr Jerry talking out of his ass. We all know how high ankle sprains are.
I believe the baby mama drama is still ongoing. And it will cost him dearly.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Fucking Dr Jerry talking out of his ass. We all know how high ankle sprains are.
I believe the baby mama drama is still ongoing. And it will cost him dearly.
I'm all for Daddy's taking care of their kids, but you gotta handle your business in order to take care of your children.

And high ankle sprains are a bitch no doubt, but with the path he's taken the last couple years you would hope he'd be doing everything he could to get back on the field.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Anyone else worried about Zeke? Watching Gurley run the other night against the Eagles it sure looks like Zeke has lost a gear. The guy looks like he's running in mud when he does break out on a run. Gurley, OTOH looks fresh and is bursting after one cut down the field.

There's only 30 carries difference between the 2 RB's but I believe the Cowboys have not given Zeke enough plays off during the season which is gonna spell trouble if they make it to the playoffs.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Anyone else worried about Zeke? Watching Gurley run the other night against the Eagles it sure looks like Zeke has lost a gear. The guy looks like he's running in mud when he does break out on a run. Gurley, OTOH looks fresh and is bursting after one cut down the field.

There's only 30 carries difference between the 2 RB's but I believe the Cowboys have not given Zeke enough plays off during the season which is gonna spell trouble if they make it to the playoffs.
Zeke is playing hurt. Jacked his ankle up and hasn't rested in the least. Thats why the burst isnt there I think.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Zeke is playing hurt. Jacked his ankle up and hasn't rested in the least. Thats why the burst isnt there I think.
Yeah, he looks like he's hurt out there. And I understand he's hungry, but the HC has got to make it a priority to rest him during these last couple games.

A beat up Zeke ain't gonna take us far in the playoffs.

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
Yeah, he looks like he's hurt out there. And I understand he's hungry, but the HC has got to make it a priority to rest him during these last couple games.

A beat up Zeke ain't gonna take us far in the playoffs.
Yeah if we beat Tampa Bay, Zeke shouldn’t even suit up in the finale.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So just out of morbid curiousity and boredom I went back through all the primers and checked the predictions versus reality and what Dallas record would have been had they been right.

2015 - Predicted a 5-11 overall. Hit on 11 of 16 games accurately.
2016 - Predicted 10-6, 10-7 if you include the playoff loss. Hit on 12 of 17 games.
2017 - Predicted 9-7 overall. Hit on 11 of 16 games.

2018 has been a weird one. If the predictions were completely right, Dallas would have a 6-8 record right now. I had to throw out the first Redskins game in terms of accuracy.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It's a weapon that could be better utilized but no, he should be a pocket passer not a glorified running back. Those college runner type QBs almost never work in the NFL . And when they do, it's because they figured out how to pass from the pocket. If Dak can't throw from the pocket (and for what it's worth I think he can - the degree of effectiveness is in question), we need a new QB.

A pro team won't win squat trying to be Mississippi State.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's a weapon that could be better utilized but no, he should be a pocket passer not a glorified running back. Those college runner type QBs almost never work in the NFL . And when they do, it's because they figured out how to pass from the pocket. If Dak can't throw from the pocket (and for what it's worth I think he can - the degree of effectiveness is in question), we need a new QB.

If he ran more, though, he could end up seeing cleaner pockets simply because they wouldn't be able to just pin their ears back on the rush. They would have to respect that he just might climb the pocket and take off.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I agree with everything you said. Dak's legs are a weapon and they should be used but you also can't run him for 2,500 yards like he did in college. You just need to use his legs enough that the defense has to respect his ability to run and it can help open up other stuff on offense. Which we don't do with any regularity. Which I think most of us realize is because we have an unimaginative offensive coordinator combined with a rigid system that doesn't seem to have any flexibility.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree with everything you said. Dak's legs are a weapon and they should be used but you also can't run him for 2,500 yards like he did in college. You just need to use his legs enough that the defense has to respect his ability to run and it can help open up other stuff on offense. Which we don't do with any regularity. Which I think most of us realize is because we have an unimaginative offensive coordinator combined with a rigid system that doesn't seem to have any flexibility.
Also explains why he goes ballistic in the pocket. He has never had to hang around in it until he became a pro. It’s a foreign thing to him and he just freezes there all the while his instincts tell him to run but his brain says hold tight. He is at war with himself on almost every passing situation and it obviously plays havoc with his natural throwing skill. Thats probably why some of his short throws go in the dirt or over the receivers head.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If he ran more, though, he could end up seeing cleaner pockets simply because they wouldn't be able to just pin their ears back on the rush. They would have to respect that he just might climb the pocket and take off.
Very true. A few more effective runs a game gives the defense something else to think about. Too much though, and you get diminishing returns. And on top of that it takes away from the top playmakers like Cooper and Elliott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom