2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
A young Romo with this collection of talent, especially on defense, and we win at least one super bowl. He spent a good portion of his career running for his life behind some shit offensive lines and no commitment to a running game. When we finally gave him those things in 14, look what happened.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

That's 171 yards a game. Holy shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

That's 171 yards a game. Holy shit.
Yeah this is when I really wish we had a better backup RB. I think Zeke is starting to get worn out and dinged up. I think there are some runs that if he was fresh he may be breaking for bigger runs. It's not a complaint about Zeke but there are some open field cuts that he is getting tackled on that I think when fully fresh he would make the guy miss and hit an even bigger gain. I wish I had a solution but I don't think Smith is the answer. I would definitely pull Darius Jackson off the practice squad and see if maybe he can give us a little more running ability from the backup position. Smith is pretty good at catching the ball but as a pure running I hate seeing him on the field. It's like I'm just waiting for a 1 or 2 yard run. But again I'm sure we will ride Zeke and hope we can rest him the last week of the season.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah this is when I really wish we had a better backup RB. I think Zeke is starting to get worn out and dinged up. I think there are some runs that if he was fresh he may be breaking for bigger runs. It's not a complaint about Zeke but there are some open field cuts that he is getting tackled on that I think when fully fresh he would make the guy miss and hit an even bigger gain. I wish I had a solution but I don't think Smith is the answer. I would definitely pull Darius Jackson off the practice squad and see if maybe he can give us a little more running ability from the backup position. Smith is pretty good at catching the ball but as a pure running I hate seeing him on the field. It's like I'm just waiting for a 1 or 2 yard run. But again I'm sure we will ride Zeke and hope we can rest him the last week of the season.
you must have missed how Smith ran the ball vs Philly. Strong running.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
you must have missed how Smith ran the ball vs Philly. Strong running.
He did have a good game against Philly. I'll give credit where credit is due. I still like him catching the ball. I actually think he does pretty well with dumpoffs of getting upfield and getting yards.

But his 3.15 ypc this season is dreadful. It's not like teams see him come in the game and stack the box.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, that's too much. I wouldn't go above 18.
It's unrealistic. But most fans severely underestimate the types of contracts that get handed out each year so I wouldn't say it's surprising. When the cap is going up by like 14 mil going into next year the old contracts guys got will look small and petty. And 5 years from now 24 mil a year for a QB will be nothing.

Case fucking Keenum just got 18 mil a year. Backups like Tyrod Taylor and Nick Foles are in the 15 mil a year range.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
It's unrealistic. But most fans severely underestimate the types of contracts that get handed out each year so I wouldn't say it's surprising. When the cap is going up by like 14 mil going into next year the old contracts guys got will look small and petty. And 5 years from now 24 mil a year for a QB will be nothing.

Case fucking Keenum just got 18 mil a year. Backups like Tyrod Taylor and Nick Foles are in the 15 mil a year range.
You make a good point but 24 just seems ridiculous. He's not going to be putting up any seasons with even 3800 yards. I'm not against keeping him but keep in mind that the consensus seems to be, he can only win with a good team around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom