2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Kneegro hasn’t played anywhere close to LVE’s level, so I’m fine with Sean Lee pairing with LVE. Just fine.

He'll be hurt again in no time, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Holding the ball too long isn’t irrelevent.
As one example. Dak has to know about the 3 second pocket rule. He still stands there like a statue at times. That’s a bad habit. A good habit is throwing the ball, moving or tossing it away before the count of four. I have watched him time and time again and he will still violates that rule. I know there are exceptions but this is what causes turnovers with him. This habit should never make its way to the pros unless you can scramble and be elusive.
I didn't say holding on to the ball is irrelevant. Don't do that shit. Either debate what I said or just don't reply.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't say holding on to the ball is irrelevant. Don't do that shit. Either debate what I said or just don't reply.
You're absolutely right. The way our pass protection is we need some plays that get the ball out of his hands quickly. Running 4 guys on hooks for example makes no sense. If your first read is done all of your other guys are done running their routes and the ball is late to whoever your next read is. It's stuff like that which makes no sense. And when your line is playing well Dak can scramble but when he is surrounded there is no escape route. A great offensive mind can make those roads and progressions easier.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well you actually did when you said strengths and weaknesses. Holding the ball too long is a weakness from my vantage point but if that isn’t inclusive in your response so be it.

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

p1_

DCC 4Life
He’s gonna make a legit push for DROY.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He'll play in the Divisional Round or the Championship game. :art
On a serious note, this means he’s on course to recover fully. That’s huge, and he’ll play next season.
Fan fucking tastic news.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Did I really read where some y’all referring to Smith as “Kneegro”? :picard

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
[h=1]Eagles' Kamu Grugier-Hill: Cowboys 'always choke'[/h]
Fire up the ol' bulletin board in Dallas, we've got some material to put on it.

Ahead of Sunday's Cowboys-Eagles tilt that will determine the leader in the NFC East, Philadelphia linebacker Kamu Grugier-Hill provided some fiery flames.

"Look at Dallas' history," Grugier-Hill said Wednesday, via John Clark of NBC Sports Philadelphia. "They always choke, so we'll go down there and make them choke."

Hello!

To be fair, Dallas' "history" suggests it doesn't "always" choke, considering America's Team owns five Super Bowlwins. But given Grugier-Hill was 1-year-old the last time Dallas hoisted a Lombardi Trophy, you can forgive the linebacker's phrasing.

In the recent history, Philadelphia has taken six of its last eight games at Jerry World and is coming off its first Super Bowl win.

In the current season, the Cowboys are the hot team, riding a four-game winning streak and coming off a dismantling of a previously scorching New Orleans Saints team. Meanwhile, the Eagles have spent most of the season as the ones gagging during an elongated Super Bowl hangover.

Grugier-Hill's comment will likely annoy the pants off Doug Pederson. Coaches hate when players -- especially 25-snaps-a-game players -- provide opponents with "Bulletin Board Material."

It's hogwash to think that Cowboys players need the motivation to get up for a division game with weighty implications on the line. If Dallas players need a stimulus to play inspired in a game that can all-but knock the Eagles out of playoff contention, they don't deserve to win.

However, sometimes the BBM can help focus a player's attention to detail and become a rallying cry for a team.

Clichés become clichés for a reason. And there is a reason coaches constantly use what opponents say or do before a game to fuel players and focus their attention.

Perhaps the most famous bulletin board material usage came from New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick when he told his players the night before Super Bowl XXXIX about Philadelphia's postgame parade plans.

=================================

I agree with the guy, but I'm glad he said it.

Hope this young team takes it personally, steps up, and beats Philly silly.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Meh. He's just ripping off Stephen A's "accident waiting to happen" shtick.

Cotton

Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Did I really read where some y’all referring to Smith as “Kneegro”? :picard
It was actually supposed to be Kneegrow.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah the redzone offense has been terrible. I think it's a combination of shitty play calling and the offensive line being a mess. But we need to figure it out. You can't settle for field goals or turn the ball over once you get inside the opponents 10 yard line. It's just unacceptable if you want to win games consistently.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This twitter isn't embedding for me. I can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom