2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jerry Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas he expects left tackle Tyron Smith (stinger) to return this week against Philadelphia after missing the last two games. He also said when Sean Lee is ready to play the veteran linebacker would reclaim his starting role and there would be a rotation at the spot with Lee, Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch.

I'm not sure why this annoys me so much but I hate the idea of Jaylon or LVE being benched in favor of Lee. Those two guys are playing out of their minds right now. I know Lee has been productive but even when healthy this year I haven't seen that much out of him. LVE and Jaylon have been making plays Lee isn't physically capable of making. You take them off the field and they don't happen. Yet the guy who hasn't earned the starting spot this year is just going to come in and replace them. Just bothers me. Let Lee come off the bench and fill Wilson's role. Don't take away from the two young stars who are the reason that your defense is playing at such a high level right now.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
That's a good read, I'm an even bigger Randy Gregory fan than before.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Jerry Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas he expects left tackle Tyron Smith (stinger) to return this week against Philadelphia after missing the last two games. He also said when Sean Lee is ready to play the veteran linebacker would reclaim his starting role and there would be a rotation at the spot with Lee, Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch.

I'm not sure why this annoys me so much but I hate the idea of Jaylon or LVE being benched in favor of Lee. Those two guys are playing out of their minds right now. I know Lee has been productive but even when healthy this year I haven't seen that much out of him. LVE and Jaylon have been making plays Lee isn't physically capable of making. You take them off the field and they don't happen. Yet the guy who hasn't earned the starting spot this year is just going to come in and replace them. Just bothers me. Let Lee come off the bench and fill Wilson's role. Don't take away from the two young stars who are the reason that your defense is playing at such a high level right now.
Can't believe I'm saying this, but if they pull either Kneegro or LVEegro for Leegro, we don't deserve to win the East.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That is fantastic. :towel

Cotton

Staff member

Neither should ever come off the field. It would be monumentally stupid to do so.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Kingbury can't make Dak process things quicker. Getting the ball out, again, is more about the overall passing game design. You can't just get the ball out of your hand in 1.5 seconds if the slow-developing Coryell routes aren't finished yet.

As average as they may be, Wade Wilson, Garrett, Linehan, and Moore all know about holding the ball too long -- every coach in America does -- and none of them are coaching him to do that. Remember Romo's Football Life where he talked about having that ability to read the field and process quickly from the start? Dak just isn't gifted with that ability.

Not that he can 't do some good things, but that's not one of them.
Couldn't agree more. The things that a QB needs coaching on are the things that enhance what abilities a player already has and to change bad habits they have. If a player doesn't have basic instincts about the position they are playing then its mountain to climb. Slow reactions is one of those things.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Rotation probably to keep them fresh.

Cotton

Staff member
Couldn't agree more. The things that a QB needs coaching on are the things that enhance what abilities a player already has and to change bad habits they have. If a player doesn't have basic instincts about the position they are playing then its mountain to climb. Slow reactions is one of those things.
Whether it can be coached out of him or not is actually irrelevant. What Kliff would bring to Dak would be plays that coach to his strengths and away from his weaknesses.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
NFC East vs. NFC East
Dec-Jan divisional games since 2014

Giants: home 8, road 3
Eagles: home 7, road 6
Redskins home 6, road 6
Cowboys: home 2, road 8

That's some bullshit, right there.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Cotton

Staff member
NFC East vs. NFC East

Redskins home 6, road 6

Weird how the Giants have the most home games. Just so weird. Must be a glitch.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

It probably annoys you because it's stupid. All you're doing is stunting the growth of an up and coming LB crew for an aging/fading star but hey, Doctor/Coach Jerrah has spoken. He simply refuses to accept reality and sometimes his loyalty to certain players defeats progress. That loyalty is admirable to an extent but at some point a person has to face reality. Hell, Lee will probably be injured again before the next game is over.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Whether it can be coached out of him or not is actually irrelevant. What Kliff would bring to Dak would be plays that coach to his strengths and away from his weaknesses.
Holding the ball too long isn’t irrelevent.
As one example. Dak has to know about the 3 second pocket rule. He still stands there like a statue at times. That’s a bad habit. A good habit is throwing the ball, moving or tossing it away before the count of four. I have watched him time and time again and he will still violates that rule. I know there are exceptions but this is what causes turnovers with him. This habit should never make its way to the pros unless you can scramble and be elusive.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
NFC East vs. NFC East

Redskins home 6, road 6

And the best part is that it hasn't done a damn thing to help the Giants, who are the only team not to have won the division in that span.

I guess it'll suck when the worm inevitably turns and the Giants become competitive again, what with all the preferential treatment and all.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
NFC East vs. NFC East

Redskins home 6, road 6

This often happens. I complained about it years ago.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Can't believe I'm saying this, but if they pull either Kneegro or LVEegro for Leegro, we don't deserve to win the East.
Kneegro hasn’t played anywhere close to LVE’s level, so I’m fine with Sean Lee pairing with LVE. Just fine.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He'll play in the Divisional Round or the Championship game. :art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom