2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Schlereth had issues with his feet. Beard couldn’t feel hands or feet. Couldn’t carry his little children
Schlereth couldn't feel his arms or legs at all. I'd say that is much worse. And that was for 6 months. Frederick is 3 months in and all the feeling is back already.

lost all the feeling in my arms and legs for the better part of 6 months

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Not really at that surprising.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Not really at that surprising.
Yeah sort of what we all expected at this point.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Werder just jinxed it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Very impressive!
I wasn't aware of this stat

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
If we could get him away from his USC gig, I think he'd make a tremendous difference for Dak.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If we could get him away from his USC gig, I think he'd make a tremendous difference for Dak.
Considering he isn't on the USC staff I think it would be pretty easy to do.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is excellent to hear. At least Jerry clearly likes the guy a lot.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think Kingsbury's value would be in play design and adding some Air Raid concepts. I don't think any QB coach is going to significantly change Dak at this point.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Kingsbury's value would be in play design and adding some Air Raid concepts. I don't think any QB coach is going to significantly change Dak at this point.
Couldn't disagree more about a QB coach having an impact on Dak. Especially since Kingsbury's system and expertise involves processing things quickly and getting the ball out of the QBs hand just as quick.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Kingbury can't make Dak process things quicker. Getting the ball out, again, is more about the overall passing game design. You can't just get the ball out of your hand in 1.5 seconds if the slow-developing Coryell routes aren't finished yet.

As average as they may be, Wade Wilson, Garrett, Linehan, and Moore all know about holding the ball too long -- every coach in America does -- and none of them are coaching him to do that. Remember Romo's Football Life where he talked about having that ability to read the field and process quickly from the start? Dak just isn't gifted with that ability.

Not that he can 't do some good things, but that's not one of them.

Cotton

Staff member
Kingbury can't make Dak process things quicker. Getting the ball out, again, is more about the overall passing game design. You can't just get the ball out of your hand in 1.5 seconds if the slow-developing Coryell routes aren't finished yet.

As average as they may be, Wade Wilson, Garrett, Linehan, and Moore all know about holding the ball too long -- every coach in America does -- and none of them are coaching him to do that. Remember Romo's Football Life where he talked about having that ability to read the field and process quickly from the start? Dak just isn't gifted with that ability.

That's the thing, though. Kliff's offense doesn't use slow developing routes, so his system would organically get the ball out of Dak's hand faster. Like 90% of Kliff's plays are specifically designed to get the ball out on (a lot of times) the very first read.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

He can certainly help. Again, it's something you practice and drill into a QB. Lots of QBs have things speed up for them with proper coaching and training. This isn't happening in Dallas though. Probably because of our predictability and shitty route combinations that take more time to read. Our offense right now is all about solo beating the man across from you. It makes for slow reads. Other systems aren't that difficult and make it easier.

Cotton

Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I like the way Troy's been ripping Jerry lately.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I thought he was already hired on. Apparently my source is full of shit
I believe it has happened now. It was rumored but nothing official until a couple of hours ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom