2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Shat like this convinces me we will fail to retain McClay in the offseason. I don’t know the specifics of his deal with us, but a guy who has the track record he does with first rounders has to want the title and acclaim that comes with being the sole GM.
He signed a two year extension this past spring when the Texans came asking to interview him for their GM position.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Eh, I'm not convinced. The media hot take this morning is, "Wow, these Cowboys just announced that they will need to be counted among the playoff contenders and a team that, with this defense, can win a Super Bowl."

Of course they are careful to follow that up with "can, not will. Not a prediction, but they are climbing into that tier of contenders."

I don't even know if I agree with that. Of course they are good enough that they can beat any team on any night, but I think unless Prescott improves, they are a clear margin behind many if not most of the other playoff teams.

They may be able to win a playoff home game against someone like the Redskins or Panthers, but I'm not counting on them being able to beat the Saints in NO, the Rams in LA, or even necessarily the Bears or Vikings if it came to that. The Bears also have a fantastic D right now, and of course so do the Vikings.

You can't be scoring 13 or 17 points to beat these teams.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Eh, I'm not convinced. The media hot take this morning is, "Wow, these Cowboys just announced that they will need to be counted among the playoff contenders and a team that, with this defense, can win a Super Bowl."

Of course they are careful to follow that up with "can, not will. Not a prediction, but they are climbing into that tier of contenders."

I don't even know if I agree with that. Of course they are good enough that they can beat any team on any night, but I think unless Prescott improves, they are a clear margin behind many if not most of the other playoff teams.

They may be able to win a playoff home game against someone like the Redskins or Panthers, but I'm not counting on them being able to beat the Saints in NO, the Rams in LA, or even necessarily the Bears or Vikings if it came to that. The Bears also have a fantastic D right now, and of course so do the Vikings.

This post isn't about convincing anyone, it's just about guys enjoying a win that nobody thought they could pull off. Myself included.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Just enjoy the win.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

No but showing you can beat the top team in the NFL is a big step in that direction. We just need to get this offensive line healthy asap. Everything else seems to be coming together.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This might be wishful thinking.
Probably but I'm hoping with the long week maybe Tyron Smith can at least get healthy. Martin and the LG were hurt coming into this game too and they should be able to get healthy. And La'el Collins, well I'm not sure what's wrong with him. That Cam Jordan sack and fumble looked to me like he was offsides. That or Collins got out of his stance so slow that it looked like it. Either way, that shit shouldn't happen.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
seems like thats not easy for some folks to do. Just soak up the accomplishment without judgement or criticism.
Yeah I hate to say it but I sort of feel like the team. I'm not looking ahead towards the playoffs yet. We need to beat the Eagles next week and sure up the division. Even as a fan I'm sort of taking this thing one game at a time. I'm just hoping we can get hot at the right time. If we cool down now none of this will matter.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
After last night, it would be a total letdown if they went 1-3 the rest of the way.

If i was looking at the correct schedule, they have the Bucs(hot and cold), the Colts(Luck is scary good this year), the Eagles(division game can go either way) and the Giants(looking to play spoiler possibly).

I hope the coaches remind them they can't hang their hat on this win.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, there's still a long way to go. But the teams we've beaten in this 4 game stretch are not any worse than the teams we are about to play, at least.

Eagles (away)
Falcons (away)
Redskins (home)
Saints (home)

compared to

Eagles (home_
Colts (away)
Buccaneers (home)
Giants (away)

I'll take the latter 4.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener