2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know you like him, and I was slow to come around on how bad he is, but I think it's time to give up. He just doesn't have the arm talent.

His only hope would be to adopt the full Cam Newton offense and run that option look as a staple -- and not a fake option where you make him keep it because you're afraid of him getting hit.
And it may be but 21/31 243 yards and 99.3 QB rating should not give you that inept of an offensive performance. The reason it didn't work was because of the 5 sacks and fumble. But if you give me a QB with a 67% completion percentage and 7.8 yards per attempt you should have way better results then this shit fest. This isn't an arm talent issue. This is an issue with a QB that just looks extremely uncomfortable out there in an dysfunctional offense that can't even run basic plays correctly.

Cam Newton is a great example though of a QB who is having by far the best season of his career because he got paired with a great offensive coordinator. His numbers across the board are way better. I'm not happy with Dak but I'm not ready to throw him in the trash either. He is better then he is playing right now but this offense is so bad it's hard to tell who the biggest fuckups are. And frankly it starts with the worst coaching in football. And of course any time an offense isn't producing the QB is always going to shoulder most of the blame. But swap in most QBs and the end result is still going to be this garbage shit fest.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know what the offensive lines deal is. Connor had a bad game but he was hardly alone. I don't know if the line is just frustrated but they look like an absolute mess out there. They just look like they are half assing it half the time. They started the game strong and just faded for inexplicable reasons.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
And it may be but 21/31 243 yards and 99.3 QB rating should not give you that inept of an offensive performance. The reason it didn't work was because of the 5 sacks and fumble. But if you give me a QB with a 67% completion percentage and 7.8 yards per attempt you should have way better results then this shit fest. This isn't an arm talent issue. This is an issue with a QB that just looks extremely uncomfortable out there in an dysfunctional offense that can't even run basic plays correctly.

Cam Newton is a great example though of a QB who is having by far the best season of his career because he got paired with a great offensive coordinator. His numbers across the board are way better. I'm not happy with Dak but I'm not ready to throw him in the trash either. He is better then he is playing right now but this offense is so bad it's hard to tell who the biggest fuckups are. And frankly it starts with the worst coaching in football. And of course any time an offense isn't producing the QB is always going to shoulder most of the blame. But swap in most QBs and the end result is still going to be this garbage shit fest.
How many of his yards came on the last drive when we were down 14 and they were in a soft zone? He's just not passing the eye test and is making horrible decisions. In the 4th quarter, he was pursued out of bounds for a 2 yard loss when all he had to do was throw it away. That lack of situational awareness is disconcerting for a guy who's been in the league almost 3 years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How many of his yards came on the last drive when we were down 14 and they were in a soft zone? He's just not passing the eye test and is making horrible decisions. In the 4th quarter, he was pursued out of bounds for a 2 yard loss when all he had to do was throw it away. That lack of situational awareness is disconcerting for a guy who's been in the league almost 3 years.
I agree with all of that. But he had great numbers in the first half throwing the ball so I don't really see the, he is just doing it on the last drive stuff. We don't pass the ball enough until we absolutely have too. Witten pointed it out multiple times in the game, we screw the pooch on first and second down with lazy runs and then ask Dak to convert in tough positions every time. We need to be more aggressive all around. Attack early with the pass but we don't. Dak is great out of the no huddle but we don't.

I get we are a running team but running the ball until it fails isn't working at all. We need to come put agressive but it's not in Linehan or Garrett's nature. It's just like the INT, we had one fucking guy running a pass route. Bad on Dak for forcing the ball but for fucks sake we aren't even giving our players a chance to succeed with those play calls. The best that could have happened on that play was an incompletion.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It's just like the INT, we had one fucking guy running a pass route. Bad on Dak for forcing the ball but for fucks sake we aren't even giving our players a chance to succeed with those play calls. The best that could have happened on that play was an incompletion.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Dak wasn't good yesterday. His decision making was not good. You can't just go by stats.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Didn't even realize there were other guys in the route. On all the replays all you could see was Cooper. Terrible decision.

p1_

DCC 4Life

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

They need to quit being stupid and put the best five out there. That would mean Fleming at RT and Collins back at LG.

p1_

DCC 4Life

They need to quit being stupid and put the best five out there. That would mean Fleming at RT and Collins back at LG.
Thank you. I support this advertisement.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
I see 5-11/6-10 being pretty realistic.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The problem is that we end the season with three winnable games, which will allow Jerry to say "See! We're headed in the right direction!" :picard

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The problem is that we end the season with three winnable games, which will allow Jerry to say "See! We're headed in the right direction!" :picard
Again.. Dont underrstimate their ineptitude. I think the Giant game is the only game I would have any confidence in.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Does anyone even care anymore?

Big Ben....Parliament......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom