2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Ive been one of his supporters here and I say good luck with that.....
I don't know.....the Patriots won't break the bank for him because that's not their style, but if he were in that system I think he'd easily be a 60 catch per year receiver.

There's a market out there for Beasley.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't know.....the Patriots won't break the bank for him because that's not their style, but if he were in that system I think he'd easily be a 60 catch per year receiver.

There's a market out there for Beasley.
I meant the high dollar contract. He will have a job out there when he leaves for sure.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I meant the high dollar contract. He will have a job out there when he leaves for sure.
With the way salaries raise year after year, at the time of his next contract he could very well be one of the highest paid slot receivers in the NFL.

It's all about timing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
With the way salaries raise year after year, at the time of his next contract he could very well be one of the highest paid slot receivers in the NFL.

It's all about timing.
I'm not even sure what high paid is for a slot receiver? I mean Jarvis Landry was a slot receiver before he signed with the Browns but certainly we aren't talking that kind of contract. Jarvis is more of a complete receiver who just happened to play the slot.

Randall Cobb makes 10 mil a year? Is he what we are talking about?

I'm not saying Beasley won't get a nice contract in free agency but I have a hard time believing it is more than 5-10 mil per season. Which he counts a little over 4 mil against our cap this year so it seems like a reasonable raise but nothing eye opening.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm not even sure what high paid is for a slot receiver? I mean Jarvis Landry was a slot receiver before he signed with the Browns but certainly we aren't talking that kind of contract. Jarvis is more of a complete receiver who just happened to play the slot.

Randall Cobb makes 10 mil a year? Is he what we are talking about?

I'm not saying Beasley won't get a nice contract in free agency but I have a hard time believing it is more than 5-10 mil per season. Which he counts a little over 4 mil against our cap this year so it seems like a reasonable raise but nothing eye opening.
I don't think he'll be the highest paid slot WR, but I think it's not out of the question that he could be paid like a top 10 slot WR. $5-7 million per year for a 3 or 4 years.....someone will pay that.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't think he'll be the highest paid slot WR, but I think it's not out of the question that he could be paid like a top 10 slot WR. $5-7 million per year for a 3 or 4 years.....someone will pay that.
Disregard. I just saw the list of someone of the crazy contracts that slot WRs are making. Yeah it'll be hard to imagine Beasely cracking that list.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

ponder that for a moment. fuckin RHG.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

ponder that for a moment. fuckin RHG.
We coach scared as shit. There is no wonder that passes down to the players and they start playing tight and afraid of making a mistake.

p1_

DCC 4Life

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Saw some blurb from a Dallas page on FB that says Irving will play against JAX.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saw some blurb from a Dallas page on FB that says Irving will play against JAX.
Yeah Garrett basically has said they haven't made the determination but I'm sure he will. He is back practicing and they almost played him last week with basically no practice. So I fully expect him to be active against Jacksonville.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
From the mothership :picard :

(Oct. 12; 11:40 a.m.) –If there was any doubt where Jerry Jones stood in terms of supporting his head coach, he erased it Friday in his scheduled radio interview on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas.

Obviously, Garrett has been criticized heavily this week for his decision in overtime to punt the ball to Houston instead of attempting a fourth-and-short inside Texans territory. Even Jones said after the game his team was being “out-played” and it was the time in the game to take a risk.

But when pressed about his stance on Garrett on Friday, Jones was very clear where he stands with his head coach.

“Jason Garrett is absolutely the real deal. There’s no fraud in Jason Garrett,” Jones said. “Does he have some things he could do better? Of course. But what I think we have is an asset that will get us to where we want to go, which is a championship.”

Garrett, who is in his seventh season as the head coach, has obviously had some ups and downs during his time with team. He’s won just one playoff game in three attempts, and none since the 2014 season. Overall, his regular-season record is 69-56.
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/writers-blog

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

How does Jones look in the mirror?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Stephen did a callin to the radio on my way home and he is just as delusional as his dad, they really believe we are close to a SB. I hope we don't win another game

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Also they were saying Lawrence has a torn labrum and his shoulder popped out during the Texans game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom