Agreed

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Let's just hope he's as durable.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let's just hope he's as durable.
Yep, to be an all time great like Emmitt it's not just about having a great 3 or 4 seasons. It's about longevity and doing it over a really long period of time. But if you look at a short window of how long Zeke has been in the NFL he has been really good.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Bigger, faster, stronger, better hands isn't anywhere near the most important aspects of being a running back, and though true doesn't make zeke better than emmitt.

Even if we just stick to running backs you could probably name dozens of clearly lesser running backs who were bigger, stronger and faster than emmitt (Herschel walker for example).

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Bigger, faster, stronger, better hands isn't anywhere near the most important aspects of being a running back, and though true doesn't make zeke better than emmitt.

Even if we just stick to running backs you could probably name dozens of clearly lesser running backs who were bigger, stronger and faster than emmitt (Herschel walker for example).
Yep. Zeke is a special talent and I'm happy to have him, but I'll take Emmitt in his prime over Zeke all day, every day.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randy Gregory is back to practice on Friday after missing Thursday while in meetings in Chicago with the NFL's medical director as part of his after care program. David Irving is missing his second straight day of practice dealing with personal issues but owner and general manager Jerry Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas he expects Irving to play Sunday at Houston after missing the first four games because of a suspension. To do so the Cowboys will have to activate Irving and create a spot on the 53-man roster.

This shit is really annoying with Irving. You missed all of camp and preseason. You've sat out your suspension and are finally able to return and now you're not practicing for personal reasons? Like you couldn't figure your shit out during all that time? Or if you have family law court dates you couldn't get them set on better dates? It's just really obnoxious but the guy has a ton of talent so we put up with this shit. The guy has a massive contract on the line after this season. You'd think he would be taking it more seriously.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:picard

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

:picard
Could be worse. It could be Jarwin or Gathers.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This shit is really annoying with Irving. You missed all of camp and preseason. You've sat out your suspension and are finally able to return and now you're not practicing for personal reasons? Like you couldn't figure your shit out during all that time? Or if you have family law court dates you couldn't get them set on better dates? It's just really obnoxious but the guy has a ton of talent so we put up with this shit. The guy has a massive contract on the line after this season. You'd think he would be taking it more seriously.
Guys like Irving never have and never will get their shit figured out. It'll always be something.

It is maddening that in Jerry's world talent trumps all.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Randy Gregory is back to practice on Friday after missing Thursday while in meetings in Chicago with the NFL's medical director as part of his after care program. David Irving is missing his second straight day of practice dealing with personal issues but owner and general manager Jerry Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas he expects Irving to play Sunday at Houston after missing the first four games because of a suspension. To do so the Cowboys will have to activate Irving and create a spot on the 53-man roster.

A coach with balls would list him as an inactive on Sunday night. Coaches like Garrett allow themselves to be steamrolled by talented players. Therefore my guess is Irving will be immediately inserted into the starting lineup.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A coach with balls would list him as an inactive on Sunday night. Coaches like Garrett allow themselves to be steamrolled by talented players. Therefore my guess is Irving will be immediately inserted into the starting lineup.
That's why players like Irvin do it. They know they can get away with it. Drives me nuts.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Looking at single game performances, Zeke has had three >200 yards from scrimmage games in his first 36 games, a little over 2 seasons worth of games. It took Emmitt 64 games (4 full seasons) to accomplish the same feat.

p1_

DCC 4Life

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
He probably is but I'm not a slimy attention whore that needs to tear down one of our all-time greats to get some clicks so my opinion is the same about it as it is about every Skip article...fuck Skip

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Skip on more than one occasion has accused Emmitt of pretending to be hurt more than he was in the separated shoulder game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Skip on more than one occasion has accused Emmitt of pretending to be hurt more than he was in the separated shoulder game.
anyone and everyone could see Emmitts shoulder hanging down.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Meh, typical rumor involving the Cowboys. You're better off elsewhere kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom