2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Parcells absolutely righted this organization.

Parcells took over a team that went 5-11 three straight years. Beginning in Parcells' final year, we made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years, had a number one seed once, and won a playoff game.

We had 15 wins total in the 3 years prior to Parcells. We had I think 33 wins total in the 3 years after Parcells left.

It's a shame he walked away after the 2006 season, because I think there's a real chance we'd have found ourselves in the super bowl in 2007 under Parcells.

We were in much better shape when he left than when he got here. He absolutely righted this organization.
Very much agreed. I've always maintained that with Parcells, we beat the Giants in the playoffs in 2007. Then the Championship game is in Dallas.

Now, beating the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl? A different matter. But still.

That Parcells Final Ride documentary, he says, "I just couldn't make myself do it anymore." It's a terrible shame.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The real problem is there isn't a Parcells out there.

We'll be trying to find the next McVay type. It's hard to have much confidence in these yahoos unearthing a guy.
Also true and my lack of faith in Jerry unearthing a McVay is why I've stuck with Garrett. But this is so bad right now, it's time for more of a cleansing or punitive firing if this continues.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did anybody expect him to? Dude's inept, but he's not stupid. He knows if he takes over the play calling and if (when) the offense continues to suck ass, it will shine the spotlight directly on him. He has plausible deniability as it stands right now, and a real chance of escaping the headman's axe while somebody else takes the blame, yet again.
We just need to be agressive on offense. This curl into a ball until we fall behind by a significant amount is painful to watch. I don't know if it's Dak being ultra conservative or the coaches beating it into his head but they need to go after teams early. Draining the clock when the game is zero to zero is pointless.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Very much agreed. I've always maintained that with Parcells, we beat the Giants in the playoffs in 2007. Then the Championship game is in Dallas.

Now, beating the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl? A different matter. But still.

That Parcells Final Ride documentary, he says, "I just couldn't make myself do it anymore." It's a terrible shame.
There's no way we'd make it that far if the defense we saw at the end of 2006 is what we took into 2007.

Bill Parcells at HC with Wade Phillips at DC?

That's a Super Bowl contender for sure.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There's no way we'd make it that far if the defense we saw at the end of 2006 is what we took into 2007.

Bill Parcells at HC with Wade Phillips at DC?

That's a Super Bowl contender for sure.
I don't agree.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't agree.
That's because your love for Parcells is blinding you and forget what that defense looked like 10+ years ago.

They got torn up by a terrible Lions team and let the Saints roll up 500+, giving up 39 and 42 in the process, with both games at home.

Zimmer running Parcells' 3-4 was always awkward and the defense needed tweaking, and for all I know it would've happened, but they couldn't win a Super Bowl if they kept the status quo.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's because your love for Parcells is blinding you and forget what that defense looked like 10+ years ago.

They got torn up by a terrible Lions team and let the Saints roll up 500+, giving up 39 and 42 in the process, with both games at home.

Zimmer running Parcells' 3-4 was always awkward and the defense needed tweaking, and for all I know it would've happened, but they couldn't win a Super Bowl if they kept the status quo.
Parcells always loved him some big thumper LBers in the middle. It caused a lot of problems when teams would spread us out. Created some terrible matchups for us in coverage.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life

They went from the 13th ranked defense in 2006 to 9th in 2007. Forgive me for not thinking that Wade was some sort of revelation.

I'm relatively certain we see similar results in 2007 with the vastly superior at everything else Bill Parcells.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Also, just want to point out, remember how hard everyone used to bitch about our assistant coaching staff?

Well, here are the names on it in 2006.

Mike Zimmer (head coach)
Todd Haley (head coach)
Todd Bowles (head coach)
Tony Sparano (head coach)
Anthony Lynn (head coach)

The previous year --

Sean Payton (head coach)

Not too shabby.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Also, just want to point out, remember how hard everyone used to bitch about our assistant coaching staff?

Well, here are the names on it in 2006.

Mike Zimmer (head coach)
Todd Haley (head coach)
Todd Bowles (head coach)
Tony Sparano (head coach)
Anthony Lynn (head coach)

The previous year --

Sean Payton (head coach)

Not too shabby.
Problem with that is nobody knows if they wouldn't be any more hamstrung that anyone else by our lunatic owner and his idiotic son.

p1_

DCC 4Life

I think this slid under the radar in the midst of the ineptitude everywhere else on offense.

Last edited:

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life

I think this slid under the radar in the midst of the ineptitude everywhere else on offense.
Zeke made some costly mistakes this past Sunday. But he's elite and the only consistent member of the offensive unit.

p1_

DCC 4Life

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He will never induct Jimmy. I am very convinced of that.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom