2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sounds like you need to build a Raspberry Pi computer with emulation software Retropie, and then have all pre-early 2000's video games at your finger tips for free.
That was what I was gonna do, but my wife decided she wanted to redo all of the living room furniture instead. Which means me on the patio in 104 degree temps sanding down furniture and re-staining it.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Sounds like you need to build a Raspberry Pi computer with emulation software Retropie, and then have all pre-early 2000's video games at your finger tips for free.
Where do you get the games?

townsend

Banned
I got really into arduino projects last semester. At some point I’d like to get into more of the machine learning side of programming. My raspberry pi in the sky goal (that I’d want to use for one of my senior design projects) is to make a robotic arm that can learn to play the operation board game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Olawale:

Career 55/206/3.7

Smith:

Career 57/237/4.2

No slouches?
No, firstly, Olawale is a fullback, so those numbers are about right. You left out receiving yards, of which he has a 75 yarder for a TD.

And Smith is a one year guy with a respectable 4.2 average. Also, had an 81 yard reception for a TD last year.

Both guys are very viable IMO.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
No, firstly, Olawale is a fullback, so those numbers are about right. You left out receiving yards, of which he has a 75 yarder for a TD.

And Smith is a one year guy with a respectable 4.2 average. Also, had an 81 yard reception for a TD last year.

Both guys are very viable IMO.

:lol YOU brought up Olawale in a discussion about RBs. If you don't like the stats, don't bring him up.

Keep in mind this is a discussion about whether we're "loaded" at RB such that we'd scoff at adding Adrian Peterson.

As for Olawale's receiving prowess, his career high in receptions is 12. I'm not impressed. I left it out because we're talking about running depth and I didn't think it was relevant. But, Olawale's average of 7 or 8 catches a year doesn't help your argument in the slightest.

Nor does that one time he had that long play. Same with Smith. If either could consistently give you repeatable big play ability, that would be great, but neither has shown that ability so it's irrelevant.

Further, 4.2 ypc is nothing special for a backup part time RB. Even Hambrick averaged like 4.9.

If you think their viable, fair enough, but I look for more evidence than we've seen. But again, keep in mind this discussion is about whether we're "loaded" at RB. Not viable.

If not for Peterson's entitled attitude I'd certainly take him over any of our backups.

Cotton

Staff member
I’m offended that this thread didn’t have more legs.
I am offended for you. Maybe you should start a thread and do a reboot. It is the boring offseason. Do eet!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Well, this was pretty damn good, I have to say.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Flip those stats for rushing TD's. Also, our 2015 season should be disregarded.

Cotton

Staff member

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
WTF happened to DC.com? Is that the new design? It sucks... most of the worthy content (i.e. the podcasts) is gone, save a handful from each show. The layout is horrid too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My God.

Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom