2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I mean, as it stands our WR group is definitely average at the absolute best and whether or not they can rise above that depends on if Hurns can stay healthy and how quickly Gallup can contribute.

I don't think there is much difference between Hurns and Benjamin though, I also don't think our WR group is that much worse than it was last year.

2017 Dez was not 2014 Dez.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The title is a bit misleading. Considering the team is built to run I dont think its rocket science to say our receiving corps is not fantasy friendly.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The title is a bit misleading. Considering the team is built to run I dont think its rocket science to say our receiving corps is not fantasy friendly.

And given our team is built to run, we sure have given a seemingly unwise short shrift to our RB depth chart.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I put zero credence in the qualifications of a fantasy football analyst to assess the relative talents of players in the real world.

I can't say he's necessarily wrong or far off though.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Matthew Berry, ESPN's top fantasy football analyst, does not think very highly of the Cowboys' current collection of wide receivers.
Of course an FFL analyst will say this. Key word is fantasy.

Dak likes to spread the ball around and Allen Hurns is on a prove-it contract. I see depth and youth that needs a lot of practice.

How much did Tony and Dez practice on focused shit like the fade and back shoulder passes? I doubt older Dez or older Witten practiced with the same passion with young Dak like they did years earlier when they were young.

Gallup and Dak are going to have that. Schultz and Dak will have that. They are young and hungry.

I’m excited to see it, frankly.

Yes it’s going to take time to ripen, but you have to start somewhere.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It has come out now that Rico Gathers was cleared from concussion protocol in week 7 last year, but they kept him on IR anyway. Such an odd situation.

Rev

Staff member
It has come out now that Rico Gathers was cleared from concussion protocol in week 7 last year, but they kept him on IR anyway. Such an odd situation.
Have to think a fine is coming.

Cotton

Staff member
Have to think a fine is coming.
I mean, you would think so. I'm sure they keep paperwork and whatnot when a player gets cleared.

Rev

Staff member
I mean, you would think so. I'm sure they keep paperwork and whatnot when a player gets cleared.
And given how much Godell loves to stick it to Jerry I wouldn't be surprised that the fine is draft picks not money.

Rev

Staff member
I don't think you're required to pull someone off IR just because they are cleared to play.
Then why was there a fuss about the Redskins stashing players on the IR years ago? Pretty sure there has to be a reason for them to be on IR now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then why was there a fuss about the Redskins stashing players on the IR years ago? Pretty sure there has to be a reason for them to be on IR now.
To start yes they must be injured. But you're not required to bring them back midseason. Hell you can only bring one IR player back.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
To start yes they must be injured. But you're not required to bring them back midseason. Hell you can only bring one IR player back.
Pretty sure this is correct. Not taking him off IR is a non issue.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't think you're required to pull someone off IR just because they are cleared to play.
I think you are correct now that I think about it.

Rev

Staff member

Wasnt Darius Jackson the one that angered people when we cut him?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Wasnt Darius Jackson the one that angered people when we cut him?
Yes

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom