2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was quick. Of course there isn't much to it these days.

Not surprising that the third round pick is one of the unsigned -- wasn't there something about third rounders having some quirky status in general that usually leaves the most flexibility in their terms and therefore the most negotiation or something? Maliek Collins was the last to sign too in his class.
I don't know but I'm really excited for Gallup. It's the first real WR we have drafted in forever.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Rookie minicamp starts today. You guys post updates for me, mmmkay?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rookie minicamp starts today. You guys post updates for me, mmmkay?
All I know is that these are supposedly being toned down to only glorified walkthroughs. The team wants to get players in playing shape before doing real work.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Don't they just have to be under contract by TC? MC's and OTA's shouldn't be affected.
Yes, that's right. I wasn't saying they were gonna be affected, I just want to know if there are reports about practice.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/40550/Cowboys-Expect-Increased-Production-From-Tavon-Austin

Cowboys Expect Increased Production From Tavon Austin

May 11, 2018 8:31 AM

The Dallas Cowboys expect to use Tavon Austin in a variety of ways this coming season.

Stephen Jones expects Austin to have 12 to 24 touches on offense per game, which would be a very high number.

"I think we can get him the ball — I don't want to speak for Jason [Garrett], but I think we can get him the ball a dozen, twenty, two dozen times a game. And then you throw the return game on top of it and I think it's somebody we can really utilize," Jones said.

The most touches Austin ever had in a season in his five years with the Los Angeles Rams was 104, which is an average of 6.5 touches a game.

Uh oh.

Getting an idiot vibe from Stephen here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/40550/Cowboys-Expect-Increased-Production-From-Tavon-Austin

The Dallas Cowboys expect to use Tavon Austin in a variety of ways this coming season.

Stephen Jones expects Austin to have 12 to 24 touches on offense per game, which would be a very high number.

"I think we can get him the ball — I don't want to speak for Jason [Garrett], but I think we can get him the ball a dozen, twenty, two dozen times a game. And then you throw the return game on top of it and I think it's somebody we can really utilize," Jones said.

The most touches Austin ever had in a season in his five years with the Los Angeles Rams was 104, which is an average of 6.5 touches a game.

Uh oh.

:picard

Yeah that's definitely not happening. The best we could hope for is more like the 6.5 touches he had once upon a time. Even that I'm not sure I want to see him getting.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Uh oh.

:lol

God damn, Stevie.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, let's give it to Tavon Austin every third play. :doh:dunce

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Considering we averaged 63 off plays per game last year and Zeke took 24 of them per game.. sooo:

(24 (Zeke) + 24 (Austin)) - 63 (plays per game) = :dunce

p1_

DCC 4Life

Uh oh.

When I heard him say that, I thought WTF are you talking about Stephen? Im sorry, moron alert.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
"I think we can get him the ball — I don't want to speak for Jason [Garrett]" which means you ARE speaking for Garrett, you clueless, inbred Jethro of the Clampett family.

On one hand, I would say "let the coaches coach," until, on the other hand, you realize who the coaches are.

So you have the Clampetts in the front office prompting the Dumb and Dumber coaching staff. 25 years and counting.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

Tuna's stupid tradition lingers on

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Tuna's stupid tradition lingers on
I think that tradition is awesome.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"I think we can get him the ball — I don't want to speak for Jason [Garrett]" which means you ARE speaking for Garrett, you clueless, inbred Jethro of the Clampett family.

On one hand, I would say "let the coaches coach," until, on the other hand, you realize who the coaches are.

So you have the Clampetts in the front office prompting the Dumb and Dumber coaching staff. 25 years and counting.
Smarter offensive minds have failed to utilize him to that extent. I'd be very surprised if Dallas's coaches can somehow turn Austin into a weapon that no one else has been able to. I'm honestly concerned that Austin is going to become a distraction in the sense that we screw up the entire flow and balance of our offense trying to get him the ball. I hate the way we use utility guys. We basically want to make a trick play guy a 20 touch a game guy. GTFO of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom