2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cujo

DCC 4Life
We could get him back for pennies on the dollar, I imagine. Says a lot about FA, that 2 of our guys who signed elsewhere, were cut 1 year into their deals.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah just shows how specific scheme fit can be for some guys. It's not so easy for players to switch teams and never skip a beat.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
We could get him back for pennies on the dollar, I imagine. Says a lot about FA, that 2 of our guys who signed elsewhere, were cut 1 year into their deals.
People said McClain was a bad fit in Washington. There was some suggestion it was just being done to weaken a division opponent.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
If McClain is signed I am starting to like our DL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If McClain is signed I am starting to like our DL.
I can't see the harm in it. It's not like it would cost much. As long as McClain's heart is in it I'd love to have him back. Even in a rotation at NT he could provide valuable snaps.

I wonder what the plan is for Jihad Ward. He looks more like a 3 technique physically. But his sack production up to this point screams more NT. I don't think the Cowboys just gave Switzer away which tells me that have high hopes for Ward still. He is big and really athletic. I think I'd like to see what he could do at the 3 technique spot with his length and athleticism. And oh yeah he is still only 23 years old. Basically the same age as a lot of rookies in this draft.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I can't see the harm in it. It's not like it would cost much. As long as McClain's heart is in it I'd love to have him back. Even in a rotation at NT he could provide valuable snaps.

I wonder what the plan is for Jihad Ward. He looks more like a 3 technique physically. But his sack production up to this point screams more NT. I don't think the Cowboys just gave Switzer away which tells me that have high hopes for Ward still. He is big and really athletic. I think I'd like to see what he could do at the 3 technique spot with his length and athleticism. And oh yeah he is still only 23 years old. Basically the same age as a lot of rookies in this draft.
Well since it’s obvious the brain trust is all in on Marinelli’s scheme, having ample talent along the DL will ensure that the drop off we see at the end of important games hopefully is lessened. I don’t think our DL is bad or has been bad, however the back ups IMO were just bodies and usually didn’t make that wow play late in a game. When you have someone like Aaron Rodgers running around with 2 mins in the 4th and your starters are gassed a guy like McClaine might be someone who can make a play for you.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I don't think they liked what they saw of Switzer, and they duplicated all of his duties this offseason.

With the logjam at WR I think they thought there was a good chance he was going to get cut.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I don't think they liked what they saw of Switzer, and they duplicated all of his duties this offseason.

With the logjam at WR I think they thought there was a good chance he was going to get cut.
He was never the player they really wanted. They wanted Donnel Pumphrey. Now they have a rich man's Donnel Pumphrey in Austin. So I'm cautiously excited. I do think Switzer is a hell of a nice kid. But hey, we upgraded.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

We weren't really shopping Switzer though. It was the Raiders who called us about his services.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was never the player they really wanted. They wanted Donnel Pumphrey. Now they have a rich man's Donnel Pumphrey in Austin. So I'm cautiously excited. I do think Switzer is a hell of a nice kid. But hey, we upgraded.
This is why you don't draft special teams in the fourth round. Pumphrey sucks and Switzer just got booted after 1 year. I hate the way Dallas sometimes locks into a special teams dude in the fourth round. When we don't do that we sometimes nail the fourth rounders. Look at Dak and Anthony Hitchens as examples.

Gosh our fourths suck over time though. A lot of special teams aces and shitty picks. I think Armstrong is a good one though. Shultz I worry about being a specialized blocker.

Nad

Brand New Member
Switzer flat out had no NFL talent............................Can you believe somebody bit on that worm?.................................Chucky's gonna get his arse handed to him if he keeps acquiring marginal talent.......................They got time to reeggekate him......................iffn he's willin to learn.........................Cuz the NFL will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom