2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's a kick in the crotch that we had Amendola on the squad for a year but chose to cut him in favor of Sam Hurd and Isaiah Stanback.
RAIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Dak, not the most accurate guy in the world, is gonna have to quickly acclimate himself to a shitload of new receivers. Anyone else concerned?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dak, not the most accurate guy in the world, is gonna have to quickly acclimate himself to a shitload of new receivers. Anyone else concerned?
You saw the alternative already. This will be different and hopefully much better.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I've been concerned since the Denver game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Given Dak's strengths and tendencies, I could see putting Switzer and Beasley on the field as double slots.
So glad this can NEVER HAPPEN.

At least Austin has a chance to do something with the football.

WR by committee is fine so long as everyone is made to ruthlessly run proper routes or else get benched or cut.

Might actually start a tradition of next man up at the position.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Kinda feel like there are a handful of vets I'd bring in at this point to solidify some things, though obviously on minimum contracts to see if they stick or if young guys can play at near the same level.

DT Jonathan Hankins
RB DeMarco Murray/RB CJ Anderson
S Kenny Vaccaro/S Tre Boston/S TJ Ward/S Tyvon Branch. I'd say Eric Reid.... but no chance with the flag thing.
LB Navorro Bowman/LB Derrick Johnson
TE Julius Thomas

Sprinkle a couple of these guys in here, might very well be better than RB Rod Smith, LB Joe Thomas, TE Geoff Swaim or Blake Jarwin, DT Richard Ash or Jihad Ward. I'm sure Kavon Frazier is the fourth safety and I'm not sure I want to cut him, but I feel like that position really still could use a guy if we don't get Earl Thomas.... which it seems basically guaranteed we don't, despite reports we are still interested.

Cotton

Staff member

This is a good thing.

Cotton

Staff member
He did well while he was here didn't he?
Yes. He just didn't fit Washington's scheme very well. If he is healthy, I would love to have him back.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

lostxn

DCC 4Life
If you look at his college highlights, there is very little in terms of receiving production and what is there is ordinary. This guy is a career backup.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you look at his college highlights, there is very little in terms of receiving production and what is there is ordinary. This guy is a career backup.
Yeah that reminds me of the TE we just drafted. I guess we will see but the only TE on this roster that I hold out much hope for as a legit receiving threat is Rico. Everyone else seems like a good blocker with not much else. I guess sometimes colleges don't always fully utilize a TE's receiving skills though so maybe someone will surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom