2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Actual twitter comment: "It’s not 'Them Boys' it’s Dem Boyz and always has been."

:dunce

p1_

DCC 4Life
like watching paint dry...

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Actual twitter comment: "It’s not 'Them Boys' it’s Dem Boyz and always has been."

:dunce
Gawd I hate the news lull this time of year.

Hey look, Dez cut his hair different. Guess he can afford it though!

Sean Lee isn't injured yet, SB baby!

Jaylon Smith can move one of his toes one millimeter in every direction!

It's like watching ice melt in 35 degree weather while waiting for paint to dry.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's like watching ice melt in 35 degree weather while waiting for paint to dry.
It's way worse after the draft. There is absolutely nothing to talk about from then until preseason.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

It was reported the other day that Dak was seen smoking a cigar.

Dead serious.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's way worse after the draft. There is absolutely nothing to talk about from then until preseason.
NBA & NHL playoffs, my friend.

I've learned to detach myself from the NFL during the offseason. Mainly because aside from a few key events here and there (the draft, schedule release, first 2 weeks of FA) it's largely nothing but a bunch talking heads/writers rehashing the same talking points ad nauseam.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I've learned to detach myself from the NFL during the offseason. Mainly because aside from a few key events here and there (the draft, schedule release, first 2 weeks of FA) it's largely nothing but a bunch talking heads/writers rehashing the same talking points ad nauseam.
The NBA playoffs are like watching paint dry to me. Especially lately it seems like we know who is going to the championship before the playoffs even start.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The NBA playoffs are like watching paint dry to me. Especially lately it seems like we know who is going to the championship before the playoffs even start.
You can blame Kevin Durant's bitch ass for that. But Curry being out for at least the first round of this year's playoffs does create a little more interest.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

NBA playoffs hold me until June but then all that's left is pre-allstar break baseball. No thanks. June until the end of July is the worst.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can blame Kevin Durant's bitch ass for that. But Curry being out for at least the first round of this year's playoffs does create a little more interest.
Yeah and I used to actually enjoy hockey. But I have a hard time getting into it anymore. Not sure why.

Cotton

Staff member
David Irving is expected to sign his restricted free agent tender today after the first workouts of the Cowboys' offseason program. Irving, who had seven sacks in eight games last season, will make $2.91 million. He is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2018 season.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
2h ago

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Yeah and I used to actually enjoy hockey. But I have a hard time getting into it anymore. Not sure why.
This is real crotchety old-guy stuff, from someone who played hockey in school back in the late '60s.

Back then, there were six teams. And those six teams, for the most part, had legends playing for them. Jean Beliveau, Rocket Richard, Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, Bobby Orr, Stan Mikita, and on and on and on. And they were in hockey towns -- NY, Detroit, Montreal, Chicago, Toronto, Boston.

There were rarely games on TV, but whenever there were it was like a heavyweight fight.

Then hockey got greedy like all the other sports and expanded and expanded and expanded till the talent was diluted and the teams were anonymous.

Now they have teams is places like Charlotte, Vegas, Columbus (ever been in Columbus??) San Jose, Tampa Bay, Nashville and Anaheim, Florida, Arizona and Dallas.

There too many teams in places where nobody cares, and not enough good players to stock all the teams.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
This is real crotchety old-guy stuff, from someone who played hockey in school back in the late '60s.

Back then, there were six teams. And those six teams, for the most part, had legends playing for them. Jean Beliveau, Rocket Richard, Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, Bobby Orr, Stan Mikita, and on and on and on. And they were in hockey towns -- NY, Detroit, Montreal, Chicago, Toronto, Boston.

There were rarely games on TV, but whenever there were it was like a heavyweight fight.

Then hockey got greedy like all the other sports and expanded and expanded and expanded till the talent was diluted and the teams were anonymous.

Now they have teams is places like Charlotte, Vegas, Columbus (ever been in Columbus??) San Jose, Tampa Bay, Nashville and Anaheim, Florida, Arizona and Dallas.

There too many teams in places where nobody cares, and not enough good players to stock all the teams.
I live an hour east of Columbus. The team gets pretty good support here. Makes more sense in Ohio than most of the other places you named. At least we have winter here. I've never really gotten into hockey. It seems like you need someone to explain the rules to you and I don't know anyone i want to spend time with that would explain it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Raleigh, not Charlotte.

But yeah, too many teams. Just like all the other professional sports leagues, it has about 4-6 too many teams. Maybe 8 for the NHL.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I live an hour east of Columbus. The team gets pretty good support here. Makes more sense in Ohio than most of the other places you named. At least we have winter here. I've never really gotten into hockey. It seems like you need someone to explain the rules to you and I don't know anyone i want to spend time with that would explain it.
I'm confused as to how you'd need someone to explain the rules of hockey but not football, other than you are simply familiar with football already and not familiar with hockey.

Hockey's about a billion times simpler than football's rules. There's offsides and the concept of "icing" to master (which means, if the puck is stuck in your defensive end, you can't just launch the puck all the way down to the other end in an attempt to clear it, you actually have to make it a pass or it's "icing" and they bring the puck back up for a faceoff in your own defensive end again). And then don't mug or trip opposing players or it's a penalty, which requires you to play down a man for 2 minutes. Other than that it's basketball with a goalie. Or soccer on ice.

Not really hard to follow.

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom