2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Play action and roll outs are great, but I cringe every time Dak goes on an option. I'm afraid a LB is going to end his season. Too risky to run this play more than once or twice IMO.
Read option doesn't freak me out. He is a tough runner. But the normal option we ran was a terrible idea. It's literally designed to have your QB getting crushed while pitching the ball.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
It would be great to approximate Rodgers. He sets and floats and drifts to open spots as the pocket shifts around him. Keeps his eyes downfield, sets his feet and unloads.

Of course, that's Rodgers. It sometimes seems Dak does better on the move. Can't have a steady diet of that, but with Elliot as a threat for an RO and and a QB who can move around it creates problems for a defense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would be great to approximate Rodgers. He sets and floats and drifts to open spots as the pocket shifts around him. Keeps his eyes downfield, sets his feet and unloads.

Of course, that's Rodgers. It sometimes seems Dak does better on the move. Can't have a steady diet of that, but with Elliot as a threat for an RO and and a QB who can move around it creates problems for a defense.
For a guy who ran the spread out of college I don't think Dak does that well throwing out of it. He is better throwing from under center.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Well, there went the idea of trading Williams.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If that's actually what Jerry said it sounds like Dez is either needing to take a pay cut or kick rocks. But I'm not sure if that's an actual quote or if it's just a guess at what Jerry would say if he divulged anything.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
"I certainly have not had a thought about talking with him that did not anticipate him being with us.''

why cant Jerry just speak English like the rest of us and just say, " I would like Dez to stay here with the Cowboys" ? Is that impossible?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
"I certainly have not had a thought about talking with him that did not anticipate him being with us.''

why cant Jerry just speak English like the rest of us and just say, " I would like Dez to stay here with the Cowboys" ? Is that impossible?

Are you new here?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I'm secretly rooting for the guy, even if he ends up on another team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm secretly rooting for the guy, even if he ends up on another team.
I don't want to get my hopes up but we could really use him as the fourth DE. You figure Tapper and Gregory backing up Lawrence and Taco would make for a great depth chart. You have Crawford to plug in there on run stopping downs as well.

Landry

DCC 4Life
I don't want to get my hopes up but we could really use him as the fourth DE. You figure Tapper and Gregory backing up Lawrence and Taco would make for a great depth chart. You have Crawford to plug in there on run stopping downs as well.
Who is this Gregory guy? :shrug

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Shit I forgot about Tapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom