2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess the response to the picture he put on Instagram wasn't what he expected:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess the response to the picture he put on Instagram wasn't what he expected:

I don't get it...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Did the tweet get deleted? It's not showing up.

Cotton

Staff member
Was it in reference to this?

Here is an article about it: https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1499410

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Was it in reference to this?

Here is an article about it: https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1499410
Yea, he's gonna pout and halfass it if he gets asked to take a paycut, just cut his ass

Cotton

Staff member
Yea, he's gonna pout and halfass it if he gets asked to take a paycut, just cut his ass
Was thinking the same thing. He is already acting like a child, and a decision hasn't even been made yet. Just get him off my team.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dez does not halfass anything. He might get mangled in physical one on one matchups, but name me a WR who thrives when that happens and the refs consistently look the other way.

He’s a beast when you get him the football. If he’s being mauled, then find ways to get him open.

Like normal teams do with their WRs.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Dez does not halfass anything.
Except when he leaves the huddle early when he hears he isn't getting the ball huh, and also every other time he halfasses his route when he knows he's just a decoy, but sure, other than those rare occasions he's a model teammate :lol :lol :lol

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Dez does not halfass anything. He might get mangled in physical one on one matchups, but name me a WR who thrives when that happens and the refs consistently look the other way.

He’s a beast when you get him the football. If he’s being mauled, then find ways to get him open.

Like normal teams do with their WRs.
Or maybe he should learn to run fucking routes better like most WRs do if they want to stay relevant as they age.

p1_

DCC 4Life
A couple of excerpts from Sturm:

"....The disconcerting issue with Dez and his drops would be that it appeared he also checked out around Thanksgiving last year. His concentration dipped badly and you could certainly accuse him of a few “business decisions” late where on 3rd down in Oakland and against Seattle, he had a chance to make a play but it was going to hurt. He decided to avoid the collision and preserve the well-being. It is not a great look, but it is also not the first time a player opted out of pain late in a season that had died on the vine."

"...It is true – he is not a great route runner. He rounds his routes off and for all of his ferocity, it doesn't appear that he confuses defensive backs with his releases. Also, Next-Gen stats seem to suggest he creates very little separation. This has never been his forte, but the more your explosiveness slows down, the smaller the windows become. Add to that the reality that what made him such a force – his absurd physicality and battle – is what might be causing a breakdown in his body over time. That limits the number of times you want to just throw him a quick screen and let him do battle. You can start to see that there are some concerns about where he can go as he hits 30 this season."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I'd dump all of them except Bailey, Heath and maybe Sean Lee.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Or maybe he should learn to run fucking routes better like most WRs do if they want to stay relevant as they age.
He needs to do this, there’s no doubt. He’s not the best WR in the league, conference, or maybe even division.

But you toss him, you can kiss a deep playoff run goodbye.

No rookie, no FA, no trade our front office is capable of can replace him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He needs to do this, there’s no doubt. He’s not the best WR in the league, conference, or maybe even division.

But you toss him, you can kiss a deep playoff run goodbye.

No rookie, no FA, no trade our front office is capable of can replace him.
You don't need to replace him. He is 800 yards and 50% completion percentage. You can replace that in your sleep.

The hard thing to replace on Dez is the goal line work. It's the one place I think we actually would really miss him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
A deep playoff run needs Dez? That's not true. That mantle falls on Elliot. Not an aging, always has some Kind of injury, pouting if he doesn't get the ball, can't get open, not the greatest hands, can go on if you want me to because its all true, WR.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Don’t fool yourself. The 800 yards isn’t his normal production, but a reflection of our overall ineptness as a passing offense last year.

Twill’s yardage average sunk nearly 40% since 2014. Witten caught over 20% fewer yards.

Even the great Cole Beasely dropped from 800+ yards to a mere 300 and change.

How do you explain that last one? You can’t, because you refuse to acknowledge just how bad a year our QB had.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A deep playoff run needs Dez? That's not true. That mantle falls on Elliot. Not an aging, always has some Kind of injury, pouting if he doesn't get the ball, can't get open, not the greatest hands, can go on if you want me to because its all true, WR.
Yep, we are a run oriented team with an O-line that is the best at run blocking. They honestly do not rank as the best in pass blocking. Dez is great when you need a score but honestly we rely on that way to heavily. I'd rather not have the option and instead force our team to ram the ball over the goal line instead of stupid fades to Dez inside the 10.

People act like there was some significant difference when Dez was out of games over the last two years. If there was a significant difference it's that the offense actually looked better. But I'm sure someone is going to try and turn this into a Dak discussion because they can't win on what Dez was doing for us.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do you explain that last one? You can’t, because you refuse to acknowledge just how bad a year our QB had.
Passer rating to Terrance Williams was great.

Passer rating to Butler was off the charts.

Passer rating to Dez was shit.

You're example sucks. The fact that Dak was still highly productive throwing to those guys but not Dez does not favor your argument.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even the great Cole Beasely dropped from 800+ yards to a mere 300 and change.

Why then in 2016 did Dak have the highest passer rating in the NFL to Beasley? Do you think he somehow forgot how throw Beasley the ball. Your argument is nonsensicle. Teams doubled the shit out of Beasley last year. Not Dez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom