2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Oh hell no.
:lol

It's bad enough that we have a moron for an owner and the worst HC in football, but now we could also lose the only decent thing that organization has going for it?

If they lose McClay, this thing could become Dave Campo era bad before you know it.

Terrible teams with terrible talent and some of the worst drafts you'll see.

If that happens, might as well just find another sport to watch.

vince

Not So New Member
Dez needs his QB to trust him and throw an accurate ball believing Dez will go get it. When Dez looks covered, Dak looks elsewhere or else throws a borderline uncatchable ball at him. It feels like the only gain is so he can pay lip service later to having targeted Bryant.

Just re-watch how Rivers hit Keenan Allen all day on us when he was “covered.” Romo kept pointing it out too, which was the closest he came to criticizing Dak (backhandedly at that).
What?? This is the opposite of what's been happening. Dak is forcing the ball to Dez and he can't make the catch however it's thrown to him. Dak even stated in an interview he has to throw it better for Dez to catch it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's bad enough that we have a moron for an owner and the worst HC in football, but now we could also lose the only decent thing that organization has going for it?

If they lose McClay, this thing could become Dave Campo era bad before you know it.

Terrible teams with terrible talent and some of the worst drafts you'll see.

If that happens, might as well just find another sport to watch.
Sure would be nice if we could just offer him the GM title.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah except GMs pick coaches, and he clearly doesn't get to do that.
Right, which is exactly why he'll leave if the Texans offer him the job.

He gets to stay in-state so that's obviously important if he has a family. He gets to be part of a team whose arrow is pointed up. And most importantly, he'll work for an owner that pays well and will let him do his job completely undisturbed.

Why the hell would he stay in Dallas if gets the GM title in Houston?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Right, which is exactly why he'll leave if the Texans offer him the job.

He gets to stay in-state so that's obviously important if he has a family. He gets to be part of a team whose arrow is pointed up. And most importantly, he'll work for an owner that pays well and will let him do his job completely undisturbed.

Why the hell would he stay in Dallas if gets the GM title in Houston?
If he leaves for Houston and is successful you get the double whammy. Dallas getting worse and Houston better. Since I like to watch meltdowns that would almost be worth seeing.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If he leaves for Houston and is successful you get the double whammy. Dallas getting worse and Houston better. Since I like to watch meltdowns that would almost be worth seeing.

You won't see it....at least not if I'm disconnected from football.

I don't have to hear or see about it anywhere now, really. I work by myself so the place where I used to be exposed to Texans fandom and Cowboys hatred is no longer an issue because I'm isolated.

I don't watch the local news or even listen to local sports talk radio anymore. So if there is one big positive from the Cowboys going into the abyss, it's that the Texans stuff doesn't bother me as much because I'll be disconnected from that too.

As for the football aspect of McClay leaving, I believe O'Brien is in a make or break year, so that would make the job even more enticing. Should the Texans fail to make the playoffs next year, he could find himself in charge of hiring the new coach a year from now.

p1_

DCC 4Life
What?? This is the opposite of what's been happening. Dak is forcing the ball to Dez and he can't make the catch however it's thrown to him. Dak even stated in an interview he has to throw it better for Dez to catch it.
yes, Dak says he needs to hit Dez in his dumbass face with the ball. Only then, will Dez have a chance to actually make the catch.

junk

Not So New Member
First time for me...
:fyou
Did you know the Garrett brothers all were at Princeton and then went to Columbia to play for their Dad (who went 0-10) then transferred back to Princeton?

Jason Garrett was the QB for Princeton when Columbia beat them to end their 44 game losing streak.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes, Dak says he needs to hit Dez in his dumbass face with the ball. Only then, will Dez have a chance to actually make the catch.
The problem is when he throws it at his face it bounces off his god damn facemask.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Did you know the Garrett brothers all were at Princeton and then went to Columbia to play for their Dad (who went 0-10) then transferred back to Princeton?

Jason Garrett was the QB for Princeton when Columbia beat them to end their 44 game losing streak.
Personally, I did. I lived in NJ less than ten miles from Princeton and got tired of seeing the Garretts having their knobs slobbered over by the local papers. I had to look it up but it was Jim, Jason, Judd and John. I've had them thrown in my face by the media for over thirty years now.

To me, the Garrett family is like a bad cold that won't go away.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

That is what amazes me about when dumbasses start talking about Garrett's "pedigree".

His entire family may have been involved in football all their lives but not a damn one excelled at it.

Judd Garrett was a loser white RB, Garrett a career backup with one shining moment to his credit and their father was a scout who never hit big on a player. The old man was a big part of the shitty Saints teams in the 1970s for chrissakes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This is awful.

He was the only guy there who actually wrote worthwhile articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom