2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
you'd trade all that and more for a mere system qb?

I don't agree that Wentz is a system QB.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
He's not. But retards like Bayless and jealous Cowboys fans will cling to that to help them sleep at night.
And too many homers who honestly believe Dak is better than Wentz. Just a sophomore slump.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't agree that Wentz is a system QB.
People thought the exact same thing of Dak in 2016. Their stories are nearly identical, just staggered a year apart and with different great offensive lines.

Philly also brings a fantastic DL into the picture, and that keeps the score manageable, improves field position and TOP, and brings more possessions overall through turnovers.

Both are young QBs who would (and have) suffered without the casts around them.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Their stories are not identical except a year apart. Wentz is a far, far superior downfield passer, which in my mind is what separates a potentially good QB like Prescott from a great QB. Prescott's upside IMO is looking like Russell Wilson. He will never be Drew Brees or Ben Roethlisberger, or a QB who can literally carry his offense.

That's what you really need to be the year-in, year-out competitor that teams like the Steelers and Patriots are.

Big year for Prescott. If he can't improve, or by god if he regresses, he may not even be Wilson. He has to step up this coming year.

Wentz can repeat his year and glide into the Super Bowl.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Remember all the bombs Dak hit in his first year? Even in preseason, we were all like fucking drooling and shit.

WTF happened?

Seems like it may be a WR issue.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Remember all the bombs Dak hit in his first year? Even in preseason, we were all like fucking drooling and shit.

WTF happened?

Yeah I've said it a million times, Dak has the ability to throw down field. It's either being coached out of him or he doesn't have confidence in his receivers abilities.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Their stories are not identical except a year apart. Wentz is a far, far superior downfield passer, which in my mind is what separates a potentially good QB like Prescott from a great QB. Prescott's upside IMO is looking like Russell Wilson. He will never be Drew Brees or Ben Roethlisberger, or a QB who can literally carry his offense.

That's what you really need to be the year-in, year-out competitor that teams like the Steelers and Patriots are.

Big year for Prescott. If he can't improve, or by god if he regresses, he may not even be Wilson. He has to step up this coming year.

Wentz can repeat his year and glide into the Super Bowl.
Kellen Moore is on it.

Two years from now, it will be the "3 QB coaches in 4 years" excuse.

data

Forbes #1
Yeah I've said it a million times, Dak has the ability to throw down field. It's either being coached out of him or he doesn't have confidence in his receivers abilities.
If weak-armed Kellen Moore is in the mix, he's incapable of coaching Dak about any pass beyond 15 yards.

:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If weak-armed Kellen Moore is in the mix, he's incapable of coaching Dak about any pass beyond 15 yards.

:lol
"He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches."

I mean technically he learned side by side with Stafford. A guy who is more than capable of throwing down field.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
um, any other teams trying to convince Moore to be their QB coach? never mind, that was a rhetorical question.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

WTF happened?

Every Cowboys WR's production declined in 2017.

Deep passes require protection, and 2016 OL protected Dak at a very high level and remained healthy all year. Not to mention the impact Zeke had on keeping defenses honest. Dak could identify single coverage and heave the ball to a safe spot.

That crazy level of protection changed in 2017. It was bound to, you can't possibly maintain that.

We took away his protection and his running game and every opponent had game film on him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Every Cowboys WR's production declined in 2017.

Deep passes require protection, and 2016 OL protected Dak at a very high level and remained healthy all year. Not to mention the impact Zeke had on keeping defenses honest. Dak could identify single coverage and heave the ball to a safe spot.

That crazy level of protection changed in 2017. It was bound to, you can't possibly maintain that.

We took away his protection and his running game and every opponent had game film on him.
All that may be true but the opponents had a season under their belts to assess the system that was being used to offer that kind of protectection. I indicated at the end of the first season that this would likely happen and the 2nd year would probably be an unhappy season for the Cowboys QB.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
It's kind of a circular discussion. Dak doesn't throw a very good deep ball but his targets suck at getting separation beyond maybe ten yards too. The closest thing to a deep threat on the team is TWill and he's a body catcher whose hands are questionable at best. 2017's line was also not nearly as good as 2016's either. Still above average but there were a lot of moving parts from one year to the next. Significant losses and less than great replacements. I do agree the play calling is waaay too predictable and said that more than once during the season.

It just seems Dallas has spent the last 20+ years in perpetual reloading/rebuilding mode. The nickname in that time should have been changed from "America's Team" to "Close But No Cigar."

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I completely bought into the "rebuilding, reloading" concept when Garrett was first given the HC gig. I admit he did churn the ol roster pretty well, getting rid of some older overpaid/underachieving guys. But after a while I was wondering "Ok, now just how long is this process supposed to take?".
That ship sailed about three years ago IMO

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I completely bought into the "rebuilding, reloading" concept when Garrett was first given the HC gig. I admit he did churn the ol roster pretty well, getting rid of some older overpaid/underachieving guys. But after a while I was wondering "Ok, now just how long is this process supposed to take?".
That ship sailed about three years ago IMO
Pretty clear that in todays NFL a team can go from the bottom all the way to the Championship game in a year or 2. Unfortunately for Cowboys fans, you have to have an owner, coach and GM willing to make the right decisions to turn the team around.

We simply don't have that in Jones or Garrett. I mean..Garrett was Coach of the Year in 2016!!!!!! Teh Superbowl is close by!! :dunce

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Pretty clear that in todays NFL a team can go from the bottom all the way to the Championship game in a year or 2. Unfortunately for Cowboys fans, you have to have an owner, coach and GM willing to make the right decisions to turn the team around.

We simply don't have that in Jones or Garrett. I mean..Garrett was Coach of the Year in 2016!!!!!! Teh Superbowl is close by!! :dunce
Its a process.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its a process.
The problem is we get so damn complacent after a great season. It's like we go 13-3 and instead of trying to improve we just try to keep everyone around and maintain the exact same roster and coaching staff. Which always leads to a disappointing season.

I wish we would just constantly look for ways to improve but we never do. We are much happier with status quo and survive based on getting lucky with a guy like Dak or someone like that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom