2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Weve really gotten dick from our return game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is amazing. It would be even more amazing in the gameday chatter thread the tweet is referring to. :unsure

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Lewis being shopped also...

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Austin needs to move way up that list and Hurns way down in my opinion. Austin has impressed me all around. Not just his deep catch. But the deep dig route he ran was excellent as well. That speed is going to start scaring corners which will open up all kinds of underneath stuff.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Lewis being shopped also...
I really hate that Richard has no use for Lewis.

Like I actually feel like it's a big strike against him (Richard). Find a way to get this guy on the field please.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really hate that Richard has no use for Lewis.

Like I actually feel like it's a big strike against him (Richard). Find a way to get this guy on the field please.
And if he turns Brown into a legit NFL corner I'm not so concerned about it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Brown was already a legit NFL corner, he had a sophomore slump (which Lewis may be having now).

I mean, maybe it's hard to argue dealing Lewis for a Pro Bowler in Earl Thomas, but Lewis should be a valuable commodity for this team. He's a third round pick, but on top of that, he's a third round pick that was really a hit. So that's taking an already valuable third round pick and adding value cause you did well with that pick, but the player is young enough that you're getting the majority of value out of his contract from here on out.

I don't like trading that kind of player away. My position is I'm still not willing to give up more than like a 4th for Thomas and I think Lewis is worth a third PLUS some.

That being said, if he turns Brown into a legit stud, that's another issue.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Brown was already a legit NFL corner, he had a sophomore slump (which Lewis may be having now).

I mean, maybe it's hard to argue dealing Lewis for a Pro Bowler in Earl Thomas, but Lewis should be a valuable commodity for this team. He's a third round pick, but on top of that, he's a third round pick that was really a hit. So that's taking an already valuable third round pick and adding value cause you did well with that pick, but the player is young enough that you're getting the majority of value out of his contract from here on out.

I don't like trading that kind of player away. My position is I'm still not willing to give up more than like a 4th for Thomas and I think Lewis is worth a third PLUS some.

Thomas looked very out of shape the other night, and didn't look like the Thomas I remember. I'm sure the holdout had a ton to do with it, but it was still pretty drastic to see that.

There's also the concern of that 30 year old body ready to shit the bed at any minute. I hate to give up a good CB with potential for a possible broken down safety . That's just me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Brown looked like warmed over dog shit last year. Getting him back to playing at a high level shouldn't just be ignored as some given assumption.

This isn't me wanting to give up on Lewis I really like the guy but I'm not upset that he isn't playing more if Brown continues to play this way.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Brown looked like warmed over dog shit last year. Getting him back to playing at a high level shouldn't just be ignored as some given assumption.

This isn't me wanting to give up on Lewis I really like the guy but I'm not upset that he isn't playing more if Brown continues to play this way.
why mess with whats working? and working well.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

:lol

p1_

DCC 4Life

Smitty

DCC 4Life

:lol
Completely different league.