2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Both Witten and Dez were his safety valves and Dak doesn't handle pressure well either.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That’s what I said. You don’t have the TE talent to scare anyone or impose your will on anyone with a 2 TE set now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd imagine that the extra TE's on the field might as well be OL with how little fear they strike into opposing defenses.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I'm not really worried about Gregory because I think Taco can hold down the spot opposite Lawrence pretty well. And honestly I think Daniel Ross, Crawford and Collins all looked pretty good in the middle. If we can get them off the field a little I think the D-line will be very good this year. The offense just needs to get back to a steady move the ball and rest the defense pace.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He needs to develop comfort level with someone. I think Gallup could be excellent. I think Dak missed him in this game and there were plays to be had to Gallup. Otherwise Dak needs to start trusting the TE's more. When you have a 6'5" dude just throw the ball high and away from the defender and let the TE make a play. You're not going to be a lot of separation with those guys. Hell neither did Witten. You just have to sort of trust them and throw an accurate ball. I'm not talking about deep throws. Just the 7 yard chain movers to the TE when they are single covered.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That’s what I said. You don’t have the TE talent to scare anyone or impose your will on anyone with a 2 TE set now.
I agree and Dak needs to keep some of those damn read options. I pointed it out during the game. Dak basically never kept them. He always handed them off and the Panthers jumped that easily. You're not going to keep a defense honest doing that. I'm not sure if Dak was afraid to run against their stout defense but he looked pensive running the ball. Shit even in preseason when he kept the ball he'd dive head first into defenders. Then against the Panthers when he had room to run he was sliding instead of getting the yardage. I'm not sure what was going on there but he looked afraid to run the ball like he usually does.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
^ :lol

F you Jerry for this shitshow you put together.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
It's not anything new. Coming to you since 1995
It was nice having a bit of hope in 2016. I guess it was inevitable Jerry would catch lightning in a bottle one time out of 20 years.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No need to evaluate the receiving Corp yet. They have not really been utilized enough to say how they can perform. Hopefully they will step up when the legitimate passing program can execute.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No need to evaluate the receiving Corp yet. They have not really been utilized enough to say how they can perform. Hopefully they will step up when the legitimate passing program can execute.
Yeah I think that's premature. We didn't even really get to see the receivers much against the Panthers.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah I think that's premature. We didn't even really get to see the receivers much against the Panthers.
I dont need a game to know that. They can be functional but I'm not expecting all world wrs. Given a chance they need to replace all but Gallop (at least until he is given a chance).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont need a game to know that. They can be functional but I'm not expecting all world wrs. Given a chance they need to replace all but Gallop (at least until he is given a chance).
I don't necessarily agree with that but I do think we need an elite guy. Someone when all hell breaks loose the QB can trust to get open. Basically what Dez was in his prime. Antonio Brown is for the Steelers. Julio Jones is for the Falcons. Our offensive schemes aren't good enough to work without one in my opinion. If you can't scheme guys open then you need someone that your QB can truly rely on. The Beasley's of the world are great as complimentary pieces but we aren't intelligent enough on offense to get by the way the Pats do with a bunch of decent WR's.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Maybe, perhaps, it has started somewhere?

p1_

DCC 4Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom