2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Huh? When did Roger become an unrealistic homer?
You obviously have not been paying much attention to him the past several years as the scourge of senility has been settling in.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yep. He used to prop Quincy.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Wow! Apparently I haven't paid attention.
This is nearly as embarrassing as Switzer's first press conference. At least Switzer knew he had the team to back up his big mouth.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
:towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Pretty much spot on.

Cotton

Staff member
That is awesome.

data

Forbes #1
TO’s analysis of how similar our offense now vs his playing days would be interesting.

i wonder if he watches the games and can call out plays occasionally.

actually, he’s probably not smart enough to be that ambassador.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
In response to: "You do know that JG does not call the plays, right?".

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not dead, I just had a combination of things happen, including being busy at work, disgusted with the league in general and the Cowboys decline, Eagles ascension, and Roger Goodell's triumph in particular, a daughter born and then hospitalized for 3 weeks, and just general adjusting to two kids under two.

Some notes:

1) Yes, obviously poor coaching was a big part of why we lost games down the stretch. No, that doesn't make Garrett the worst in the league, though obviously it does put him on the hot seat for next year to win or be out. Another down year and I would probably sign off on a punitive firing without an upgrade in hand (not that what I think has any bearing, just saying what I would personally support).

2) We should still admit we have personnel problems. Let's take a look at how the Eagles are lapping our GM tandem of Jones by Committee/Will McClay. The Eagles have signed or traded for this past offseason: Nick Foles, LeGarrette Blount, Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, Stefen Wisniewski, Chance Warmack, Chris Long, Corey Graham, Timmy Jernigan, Ronald Darby, and Jay Ajayi. Time to either overhaul the pro personnel department or install someone in the front office who is fucking willing to make a move on other team's players besides just drafting and re-signing your own.

3) Prescott is on notice. He needs a very big bounce back year. Another down year and I'm beginning my QB search again. And he doesn't just need 23 TDs to 4 INTs again. He needs to show absolute progress moving the ball downfield and finding open receivers. Coaches are responsible for this too, and it all goes hand in hand... if he doesn't progress it will be on them as well as him, and they'll be gone.

4) If I have to hear about how we need to make this team "Dak-friendly" I'm gonna lose it. The offense is already quite Dak-friendly. He needs to personally perform better. We don't have any desperate needs there besides health on the OL and a WR who can separate consistently and get deep more frequently. Does not need to be a first round pick.

5) If our draft does not invest heavily in the DL and LB, we are morons. I actually think we are not too many pieces away from being actually very good defensively. Just take a look around the league and see the teams who are playing deep in the playoffs with shit at QB but strong OLs, DLs, and LB corps. Try all of them except the Pats who have the greatest QB of all time. This is once again the recipe for success.... dominate the lines and have a QB who can take advantage. Prescott can very easily be better than Keenum, Bortles and Foles. He needs to manage the game and we need to fucking fix the DL. I would also accept an absolutely true rangy FS - Not a strong safety, and NOT a CB convert who has no sense of space and needs to be moved back to CB to salvage his career (I'm looking at you, Byron Jones, get it together or go run for Democratic House of Representatives in Connecticut). Going back to my discussion about pro personnel and trades, I might also place a call to the Seahawks since Earl Thomas is basically asking to be traded here.

6) Given that, dominant front 7 player is absolutely my choice at 19. You can find stud LBs in the teens more easily than you can find stud DE's, plus we have more options at DE already than LB. Roquan Smith would be my dream target.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
2) We should still admit we have personnel problems. Let's take a look at how the Eagles are lapping our GM tandem of Jones by Committee/Will McClay. The Eagles have signed or traded for this past offseason: Nick Foles, LeGarrette Blount, Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, Stefen Wisniewski, Chance Warmack, Chris Long, Corey Graham, Timmy Jernigan, Ronald Darby, and Jay Ajayi. Time to either overhaul the pro personnel department or install someone in the front office who is fucking willing to make a move on other team's players besides just drafting and re-signing your own.
A team whose highest priority last year was finding a way to keep Kellen Moore on the roster or practice squad is not gonna go out and raid other teams' legitimate talent. Moreover, a serious team would cut Witten this spring. Instead, he will be welcomed back with open arms by sentimental Jerry and Red.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
A team whose highest priority last year was finding a way to keep Kellen Moore on the roster or practice squad is not gonna go out and raid other teams' legitimate talent. Moreover, a serious team would cut Witten this spring. Instead, he will be welcomed back with open arms by sentimental Jerry and Red.
I'd be asking Witten for a pay cut. I'd like to have him around though cause I don't think we have a better option this second.

But yeah, our pro personnel targeting has to change. The Eagles are raiding the pantries of other teams because they are calling and asking and getting creative. I doubt Dallas ever bothers to pick up the phone. IMO it stems from Jerry being too buddy buddy with the players. He doesn't want to trade away his guys and shake things up.

Meanwhile the Eagles make some calls and find they can flip the equivalent of their version of Anthony Hitchens and the 14th pick to move up to 8th, which in turn gives them the ammo that the Browns want so the Eagles can package enough value to get Wentz. We don't ever seek to make moves like that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
PS, I am more than ever convinced that Jerry should be lynched for not keeping Wentz out of Philly's hands. They knew we liked him, and they did what they had to do to get ahead of us and steal him.

I reiterate that I would trade Prescott and Elliott for Wentz and I'd probably even add.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
PS, I am more than ever convinced that Jerry should be lynched for not keeping Wentz out of Philly's hands. They knew we liked him, and they did what they had to do to get ahead of us and steal him.

I reiterate that I would trade Prescott and Elliott for Wentz and I'd probably even add.
you'd trade all that and more for a mere system qb?

data

Forbes #1
I'm not dead, I just had a combination of things happen, including being busy at work, disgusted with the league in general and the Cowboys decline, Eagles ascension, and Roger Goodell's triumph in particular, a daughter born and then hospitalized for 3 weeks, and just general adjusting to two kids under two.

Some notes:

1) Yes, obviously poor coaching was a big part of why we lost games down the stretch. No, that doesn't make Garrett the worst in the league, though obviously it does put him on the hot seat for next year to win or be out. Another down year and I would probably sign off on a punitive firing without an upgrade in hand (not that what I think has any bearing, just saying what I would personally support).

Welcome back. Hope all is well with your second.

Not just because they're Philadelphia, but because of the adversity they've overcome to make it to the Super Bowl (and with such a dominating NFCC), is extremely disheartening.

Jay Ajayi might be their Charles Haley trade.

For the love of God, Nick Foles went 141 QB rating against the #1 defense. Our coaching staff can't even get Dak Prescott to complete a 7 yard pass on 3rd & 5.

6) Given that, dominant front 7 player is absolutely my choice at 19. You can find stud LBs in the teens more easily than you can find stud DE's, plus we have more options at DE already than LB. Roquan Smith would be my dream target.
Been wanting a 300 lb fat hog first rounder since Kevin Williams, Vince Wilfork, Nick Fairley and Fletcher Cox. Will never happen since Jerruh's fundamental belief is rooted in Jimmuh's defensive philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom