2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I was essentially told this on this very board.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't really have that big of a problem with the defensive play calling. Guys looked rusty from not playing but for the most part I thought the defense did a good job stopping the Panthers. If our offense rolls the Panthers output would have looked like shit. The problem was our offense played like shit and the defense was still able to hold them to only 16 points. They were tired and worn down and still did a pretty good job out there. But if the offense doesn't get going it's not going to matter. And it's not just Dak, our run game was terrible. Our pass blocking was bad. And we killed every drive with negative plays of either penalties or sacks. We looked like a team in it's first preseason game. There was nothing that looked good or in sync on offense. Hell the majority of our good passing plays came from Dak scrambling around and eventually finding the open guy. None of our designed stuff worked at all.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think it was more about Garrett and Linehan than defensive coaches.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I've seen a couple of the local beat guys advocating for Garrett to take back playcalling, it's like they don't remember he had it taken away from him for a reason :budd

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've seen a couple of the local beat guys advocating for Garrett to take back playcalling, it's like they don't remember he had it taken away from him for a reason :budd
The only advantage to that would be the fact that there would be no excuse left for Garrett if the offense failed. But we'd probably go back to pass happy craziness so I doubt that's the solution. More like a final nail in the coffin.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Scott Linehan got his way in Dallas and they purged all of their offensive staff. He even got to hire Kellen Moore as his QBs coach.

In his first outing since his offense produced 232 offensive yards and 8 points.

It was all on him and they crumbled.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones talked privately in a side room inside the visiting locker room after the game as the media arrived.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know what is ailing this offense and the cure is Rico...

:tippytoe

But seriously if we are going to use TE's this much we really need someone with speed. LBers don't have much problem keeping up with our big boys.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
'When the ball came to them...'

Hey, Dak. See that bus over there? Git yer ass under it, MFer.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The only advantage to that would be the fact that there would be no excuse left for Garrett if the offense failed. But we'd probably go back to pass happy craziness so I doubt that's the solution. More like a final nail in the coffin.
This team needs to go more pass happy at this point.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree and they need to stretch the opponents defense. If Dak could get past his head he would be a lot more effective. He tries to guide the short pass and shys from the long pass. He needs to just throw the football regardless of the distance.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly the best our offense looked against the Panthers was when we went sort of pass happy in the second half. I'd rather run the ball effectively but we shouldn't be afraid to tailor the game plan for the opponent. Passing the ball against the Panther secondary should have been easier then running the ball. We should have come out attacking and took them by surprise. Just my opinion. Would have made for a totally different game. But I'm sure with the weather our coaches were scared to even try that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Take some shots. You should have your QB when he gets certain looks taking a shot. We never seem to do it though. And defenses know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom