2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's like someone wanted to come out with the shittiest looking starting Dline we could field. And then they figured it out.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
That rush depth is a coach's dream, hope it doesn't get f'd up.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

We like where we are at QB. :picard
Over $19 million in cap space and they won't even consider bringing in a backup QB. IMO, this pretty much signals to the fan base that they don't believe they'll be contending for a Super Bowl this season.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Over $19 million in cap space and they won't even consider bringing in a backup QB. IMO, this pretty much signals to the fan base that they don't believe they'll be contending for a Super Bowl this season.
Who would you bring in? I don't see anybody out there that would save the season if Dak went down.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Who would you bring in? I don't see anybody out there that would save the season if Dak went down.
Obviously there are no top notch QBs available but I'd have at least given Landry Jones a call.

He'd give us a better chance to win a game or two than Cooper Rush. The name of the game is putting yourself in the best position to win, and I don't think the Cowboys are even interested in doing that.

Improve the depth of the roster and shore up weak spots.....that's what GMs typically do when they have plenty of cap space to work with.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I can't think of anyone worth bringing in that's available really, at least not at this point. Someone mentioned Conner Cook in another thread but the only good thing about him is his arm. Plus a new QB would have to come in, learn the signals, get familiar with the OL and all that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Obviously there are no top notch QBs available but I'd have at least given Landry Jones a call.

He'd give us a better chance to win a game or two than Cooper Rush. The name of the game is putting yourself in the best position to win, and I don't think the Cowboys are even interested in doing that.

Improve the depth of the roster and shore up weak spots.....that's what GMs typically do when they have plenty of cap space to work with.
I'm not sure we'd be shoring up our weak spot with what's out there at QB. And that includes Landry Jones.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Rush is as good as it gets, considering available alternatives? Hmm..

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't think of anyone worth bringing in that's available really, at least not at this point. Someone mentioned Conner Cook in another thread but the only good thing about him is his arm. Plus a new QB would have to come in, learn the signals, get familiar with the OL and all that.
Our QBs look worse the more familiar they get. Maybe someone who hasn't been coached up yet here would be a good thing...

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Our QBs look worse the more familiar they get. Maybe someone who hasn't been coached up yet here would be a good thing...
Maybe. Maybe(Probably) we roll with what we have, hope that Dak stays healthy and returns to 2016 form.

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
Not to mention it’s not like Dallas has been lights out with third rounders the last few years. *cough* Chaz Green *cough*

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Not to mention it’s not like Dallas has been lights out with third rounders the last few years. *cough* Chaz Green *cough*
The 3rd round is the Cowboys “let Jerry play draft expert” round. I’d definitely give up a 3rd for Thomas since just about any player they pick in the 3rd is going to suck or be cut anyways.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The 3rd round is the Cowboys “let Jerry play draft expert” round. I’d definitely give up a 3rd for Thomas since just about any player they pick in the 3rd is going to suck or be cut anyways.
Actually, aside from Chaz Green, I think our 3rd rounders have been pretty damn good lately.

2018 Michael Gallup
2017 Jourdan Lewis
2016 Maliek Collins
2015 Chaz Green
2014 None
2013 Terrence Williams
2012 Tyrone Crawford
2011 DeMarco Murray
2010 None

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think they confused it with the 4th round. It used to be the 2nd round but cant complain about the recent picks. Even Gregory looks promising.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm looking at Landry Jones career numbers:

W-L Record as a Starter: 3-2
Completion Percentage: 64%
TD/INT: 8/7
Yards Per Attempt: 7.8

His numbers in his five career starts:

- 2017 vs Browns he was 23-27, 239 yds, 85% comp, 1 TD, 1 INT
- 2016 vs Patriots he was 29-47, 281 yds, 61% comp, 1 TD, 1 INT
- 2016 vs Browns he was 24-37, 277 yds, 64% comp, 3 TDs, 1 INT
- 2015 vs Chiefs he was 16-29, 209 yds, 55% comp, 1 TD, 2 INTs
- 2015 vs Browns he was 3-4, 23 yds, 75%, O TD, 0 INT

Granted those aren't eye-popping numbers, but for a backup QB those are pretty good numbers, IMO. I just don't understand why there is so much push back and dismissal to adding a backup QB, who by all current signs, is head and shoulders above anything we have in Dallas. Especially when you consider that we're just talking about a one year rental that wouldn't put us in a tough position cap wise.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'd bring Davis Webb in yesterday.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm looking at Landry Jones career numbers:

W-L Record as a Starter: 3-2
Completion Percentage: 64%
TD/INT: 8/7
Yards Per Attempt: 7.8

His numbers in his five career starts:

- 2017 vs Browns he was 23-27, 239 yds, 85% comp, 1 TD, 1 INT
- 2016 vs Patriots he was 29-47, 281 yds, 61% comp, 1 TD, 1 INT
- 2016 vs Browns he was 24-37, 277 yds, 64% comp, 3 TDs, 1 INT
- 2015 vs Chiefs he was 16-29, 209 yds, 55% comp, 1 TD, 2 INTs
- 2015 vs Browns he was 3-4, 23 yds, 75%, O TD, 0 INT

Granted those aren't eye-popping numbers, but for a backup QB those are pretty good numbers, IMO. I just don't understand why there is so much push back and dismissal to adding a backup QB, who by all current signs, is head and shoulders above anything we have in Dallas. Especially when you consider that we're just talking about a one year rental that wouldn't put us in a tough position cap wise.
I would bring in Landry for sure. You dont have to give up on Rush but you definitely have some experience at backup. Just dont see the harm in that and who knows he may have some input from a real QB coach to help the young ones.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Frankly if we lose Prescott for any amount of time, and can't win a Super Bowl, I'd rather tank.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, not so much recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom