2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Garrett's press conference has one theme: "finances".

Mentioned how hard it is to build a team in the salary cap era over a dozen times
Shit, they have plenty of cap space with a lot more coming next year. I don't wanna hear this bullshit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Sounds to me like he wasn't on board with the Bailey decision. Went overboard with the "organizational decision" talk.

Or, as sneaky as he is, he could be saying that to make himself look better in case it doesn't work out.

Also, special demerits for Todd Spagnola asking the leading question about how young they are compared to when he took over. My god, man, that was eight years ago now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sounds to me like he wasn't on board with the Bailey decision. Went overboard with the "organizational decision" talk.

Or, as sneaky as he is, he could be saying that to make himself look better in case it doesn't work out.

Also, special demerits for Todd Spagnola asking the leading question about how young they are compared to when he took over. My god, man, that was eight years ago now.
Archer also served up a special softball for Garrett to hit out of the park with his last Harvard/Princeton crack.

Sickening.

Dude, just suck his crank why don't you?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shit, they have plenty of cap space with a lot more coming next year. I don't wanna hear this bullshit.
Yeah, don't think that they think they have a ton of space. They have already earmarked everything.

They have this much for Prescott, this much for Elliott, this much for Lawrence.

Building a team in the salary cap era is hard. Especially when you have Goof Son in charge.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, don't think that they think they have a ton of space. They have already earmarked everything.

They have this much for Prescott, this much for Elliott, this much for Lawrence.

Building a team in the salary cap era is hard. Especially when you have Goof Son in charge.
They have something like 80 million going into next year, not even counting what might roll over. This team is in better cap condition than it has been in 15 years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They have something like 80 million going into next year, not even counting what might roll over. This team is in better cap condition than it has been in 15 years.
Not according to them. They have already assumed Prescott is going to earn a huge contract.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's because they were asking about the roster turnover from last year to this one.
Garrett was talking money even when asked about Bailey and how hard it is to build a team in the salary cap era.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
And what if Dak shits his pants this year? Personally I think he will do fine. But if he tanks are we still gonna pay up and call him our guy for the future?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
How much of that is Romo?

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tavon Austin had a serious punt muff problem last year. The Rams just took him off of it, he blamed a wrist issue.

Sounds like a great plan.

We will see Beasley at some point, but only after we get burned.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Beasley extension!!!!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Beasley extension!!!!
God dammit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Gotta pay your deep threat :tippytoe