2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
So where is everyone watching the game tonight? I'm thinking about using the trial on Game Pass for one night and then canceling. Probably a total waste of my time to watch the game but I'm going to do it anyway.
That's what I did.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I tried, it said that since I did it last year I can't do it again. And I'm too lazy to create another NFL account just to pull it off.
You are going to miss all of those short passes to the TE if you dont.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are going to miss all of those short passes to the TE if you dont.
That's exactly why I'm not feeling like the extra effort. If it's anything like our last preseason game there is no reason to watch.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Jalen Ramsey: I will never play for the Cowboys unless the Joneses leave

Jalen Ramsey offered his opinion on Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski during an ESPN The Magazine interview, but Gronk wasn’t the only target of the Jaguars cornerback.

Ramsey also expressed his dissatisfaction with the Cowboys passing on him during the 2016 draft.

Dallas had the fourth overall choice and most mock drafts had the Cowboys taking either Ramsey or Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott. The Cowboys chose Elliott, leaving Jacksonville to draft Ramsey.

Ramsey expected the Cowboys to take him and believes the team’s coaches wanted him, but owner Jerry Jones overruled them.

“I will never play for them,” Ramsey told the magazine, “unless the Joneses leave.”

First, the Jones family isn’t going anywhere. They own the most valuable sports franchise in the world, according to Forbes magazine, and Jerry Jones already has earned enshrinement in Canton. So that means Ramsey apparently won’t ever entertain playing in Dallas, not that he would ever get that opportunity anyway with the Jaguars holding his rights for the foreseeable future.

Second, it’s hard to argue with the Cowboys’ selection of Elliott. He has as many All-Pro and Pro Bowl nods — one each — as Ramsey has. Elliott led the league in rushing as a rookie in 2016 with a six-game suspension in 2017 keeping him from a chance at a repeat.

But it’s worth nothing that not so long ago it seemed every player in the NFL wanted a chance to play for the Cowboys. Now, more than ever, several players have expressed anti-Cowboys or anti-Jerry Jones feelings.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Jalen Ramsey: I will never play for the Cowboys unless the Joneses leave

Jalen Ramsey offered his opinion on Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski during an ESPN The Magazine interview, but Gronk wasn’t the only target of the Jaguars cornerback.

Ramsey also expressed his dissatisfaction with the Cowboys passing on him during the 2016 draft.

Dallas had the fourth overall choice and most mock drafts had the Cowboys taking either Ramsey or Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott. The Cowboys chose Elliott, leaving Jacksonville to draft Ramsey.

Ramsey expected the Cowboys to take him and believes the team’s coaches wanted him, but owner Jerry Jones overruled them.

“I will never play for them,” Ramsey told the magazine, “unless the Joneses leave.”

First, the Jones family isn’t going anywhere. They own the most valuable sports franchise in the world, according to Forbes magazine, and Jerry Jones already has earned enshrinement in Canton. So that means Ramsey apparently won’t ever entertain playing in Dallas, not that he would ever get that opportunity anyway with the Jaguars holding his rights for the foreseeable future.

Second, it’s hard to argue with the Cowboys’ selection of Elliott. He has as many All-Pro and Pro Bowl nods — one each — as Ramsey has. Elliott led the league in rushing as a rookie in 2016 with a six-game suspension in 2017 keeping him from a chance at a repeat.

But it’s worth nothing that not so long ago it seemed every player in the NFL wanted a chance to play for the Cowboys. Now, more than ever, several players have expressed anti-Cowboys or anti-Jerry Jones feelings.
And not a single fuck was given, particularly since you're talking about ESPN magazine.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm surprised they are so confident in Kadeem Edwards making it. And maybe our backup O-lines have just looked like such shit that I'm throwing him out even though he has individually played well. I haven't paid that close of attention to the interior backups. And he is the only interior guy right now who knows the system as a backup. Still I don't see the sense in him unless he can play center. To me I cut him and I sign the best available backup center/guard to pair with the guy we just traded for. Who in my opinion is more of a guard/tackle. Not sure if he has ever played any center.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, fuck that guy. I don't want that big mouth on my team anyway.
Yep, he would never be a Cowboy anyway. No way we would break the bank for him at some point down the road and I'm totally ok with that. Guys like him can become a real pain in the ass once they've signed their big money contract and I don't want to over spend on corners in free agency.

p1_

DCC 4Life

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There are actually dumb shits on Twitter campaigning for Robert Griffin. :picard

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are actually dumb shits on Twitter campaigning for Robert Griffin. :picard
For free I wouldn't care. I've given up my hope for Rush. But if we give up picks or a player I'd be pissed. The guy has been trash for years. I'm not sure why a decent preseason suddenly has teams drooling. I think it's mostly media created hype.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Hell no to RGIII. Not only does he suck, I think he's full of himself and that's poison in a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom