2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cut Dustin Stanton and Ricky Jeune.
Overview
Bosch is sturdy and competitive at the point of attack, but athletic limitations prevent him from being more than an alley fighter in tight quarters. Bosch is strong for his weight and plays with power over positioning so he'll need to find a double-team based rushing attack to be at his best. His ability to hold up in pass pro could improve his draft standing a little bit. Bosch will likely have to fight for a backup roster spot.

Strengths
Thick, solid frame with good mass in lower body
Has ability to bend and scoop as base blocker
Uses strong upward hand strikes at point of attack
Plays with strong hands and good placement into opponent's frame
Has power to stalemate and neutralize defensive tackles with like power
Lands solidly with down blocks and is able to secure the block
Plays with good balance and body control in pass sets
Uses effective slides to close down edges when helping tackles or centers in pass pro
Solid man-on-man pass protection
Not an easy foe to bullrush

Weaknesses
Has limited range of effectiveness as a blocker
Short strider who looks slow and stiff when asked to make longer pulls
Gets behind on timing from first to second block and will end up clogging run lane
Can be slow to adjust blocking assignment and find efficient work
Instincts appear to be average
Plays with elevated pad level both laterally and in space
Has a lot of connection rate when on the move
Punch and press defensive tackles can move him around
Needs to do a better job of keeping hands inside in pass protection

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Well, that would suck and a first rounder is supposed to step in and play a role right away. Groin strains can be fvcking sketchy too.

p1_

DCC 4Life

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He sure gets back toward the reciever really fast. That pass was delivered quickly on what looked like a post pattern. Most LBers can’t close on these patterns. I’m impressed with his speed.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Carpenter 2.0

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Freak. Of. Nature.

p1_

DCC 4Life
it seems he makes a highlight play per day at this point.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's because he's the 4th best LB on the team right now, maybe 5th, and our LB corps could potentially be one of the best in the league.

I'm not writing him off as a bust if he only plays like 25% or whatever snaps this season. Myles Jack barely played as a rookie and now he looks like one of the best young LB's in the league. If he's still barely playing in Year 2 then I'll write him off.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's because he's the 4th best LB on the team right now, maybe 5th, and our LB corps could potentially be one of the best in the league.

I'm not writing him off as a bust if he only plays like 25% or whatever snaps this season. Myles Jack barely played as a rookie and now he looks like one of the best young LB's in the league. If he's still barely playing in Year 2 then I'll write him off.
Yeah LBer is looking like our strongest unit. No reason to force anything. Long term we still need him as the Sean Lee replacement. But we don't really need him this season unless injuries hit.

p1_

DCC 4Life

It looks like our linebackers are a team strength, last year it was the defensive Achilles' heel.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

And because Smith has looked so good, as well as Joe Thomas, it doesn't really matter if he is the backup linebacker week 1 or not, since Lee and Smith will be the starters.

Way too early, but obviously it's not a GOOD thing that he's had such little impact.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And because Smith has looked so good, as well as Joe Thomas, it doesn't really matter if he is the backup linebacker week 1 or not, since Lee and Smith will be the starters.

Way too early, but obviously it's not a GOOD thing that he's had such little impact.
He has been hurt off and off almost all of TC. Kinda hard to make an impact from the sidelines.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Yea it's not good but that's the reason there isn't more attention being paid to his absence.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom