2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I cannot believe it.

This is where we have invested all our resources. Not only that, but the OL is generally a position that avoids the major, crippling injuries that you see skill position players get.

And every single one of them has something seriously wrong.

Karma has completely fucked us.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
New Triplets...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:picard

The idiot is just fueling the flames. There were safeties to be had for free. We are at a near crisis situation at center with no options available. I honestly don't give a shit about Earl Thomas, I just don't want to send picks their way.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What a dime that was, and helluva job getting that little bit of separation needed with his offhand for Gallup.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I guess we all see things differently, but I don't see that as being a "damn stud" by the WR. I like Awuzie, but that was terrible coverage, never finding the football even with everyone yelling ball.

I'd bet it's more him losing concentration after a million camp reps than anything else.

Nice pass, though, right at the pylon.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess we all see things differently, but I don't see that as being a "damn stud" by the WR. I like Awuzie, but that was terrible coverage, never finding the football even with everyone yelling ball.
He actually looked back for the ball. But it's a perfect example how a great throw will beat great coverage.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He looked after it was too late...

Anyway, question for you guys. Sturm was going off today about how all preseason is ridiculous and if it were up to him he wouldn't play anyone of any importance because they could get hurt. Acted like any other thought was absurd.

I kept thinking, so you think Belchick is an idiot? Parcells? They saw preseason as preparation. There's more to it than just seeing who has talent and who doesn't. You don't just show up and play your best in a complex game like football even if you are completely healthy.

Really, the more I hear of Sturm the less I think of him. I appreciate his effort but I think his conclusions are often way off.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He actually looked back for the ball. But it's a perfect example how a great throw will beat great coverage.
That left hand makes that play. He pushes slightly with it and creates a tiny separation. Throw was perfect.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He looked after it was too late...

Anyway, question for you guys. Sturm was going off today about how all preseason is ridiculous and if it were up to him he wouldn't play anyone of any importance because they could get hurt. Acted like any other thought was absurd.

I kept thinking, so you think Belchick is an idiot? Parcells? They saw preseason as preparation. There's more to it than just seeing who has talent and who doesn't. You don't just show up and play your best in a complex game like football even if you are completely healthy.

Really, the more I hear of Sturm the less I think of him. I appreciate his effort but I think his conclusions are often way off.
And you can't prepare for real live action in practice. Which is why its important for the guys to get on the field in these games. You can't be petrified of injuries. If a guy can't last half of a preseason game do you really think he is going to survive a 16 game season or more? But Garrett is such a risk adverse coach so I'm sure he disagrees.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
And you can't prepare for real live action in practice. Which is why its important for the guys to get on the field in these games. You can't be petrified of injuries. If a guy can't last half of a preseason game do you really think he is going to survive a 16 game season or more?
Exactly what I was thinking. Listening to Sturm you'd think the entire roster would be on IR by game six.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And you can't prepare for real live action in practice. Which is why its important for the guys to get on the field in these games. You can't be petrified of injuries. If a guy can't last half of a preseason game do you really think he is going to survive a 16 game season or more? But Garrett is such a risk adverse coach so I'm sure he disagrees.
Agreed. And that's exactly why I want Dak to play this week.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Oh goody. We get to hear about all the talent they put in waiver claims but just didn't get awarded.

But watch some dumbass think this means EARL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Is this fuckin' guy serious? We don't even have a true one yet and they keep six or more?

AND carry Frederick on the 53?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom