2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
But even if Fred Beard died, certainly a guy no one else wanted as an undrafted free agent couldn't be a solution to anything.
I'm not seeing the alarm in numerous other reports from Cowboy beat guys. They are basically saying both Fredrick and Martin are simply getting other opinions on how to best get ready for the season opener. Fredrick especially is looking for advice, since resting was the only solution offered in CA but also keeps him off the field for what could be an extended time if the stingers keep flaring up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not seeing the alarm in numerous other reports from Cowboy beat guys. They are basically saying both Fredrick and Martin are simply getting other opinions on how to best get ready for the season opener. Fredrick especially is looking for advice, since resting was the only solution offered in CA but also keeps him off the field for what could be an extended time if the stingers keep flaring up.
Frederick is basically looking for advice to help prevent the stingers from happening since all the tests basically said he is good to go. I think he is resting out of precaution.

Martin sounds good to go. I don't think he has any doubt he will be ready for game one.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
One thing to keep in mind is that the team has basically 2 real practices over the next 2 weeks so this is really the ideal time for established players with a nagging injury to take their time and figure out the best path forward.

They have 3 practices left this week but the one on Friday is a walk through, they're off Monday after the preseason game, then Tuesday is a walk through with the last preseason game on Thursday.

Final cut will be that Friday/Saturday then after that you're into game week with the first real practice on probably Monday or Wednesday, which is effectively 2 weeks from now.

Aside from the 3rd preseason game I'm guessing the regulars will be doing very little until they get to the first real game week, so theoretically this would be the time for due diligence to the nth degree.

It could also be very serious, but who knows?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-dallas-cowboys-1828486223

Ok it’s too hard to copy from an ipad and it’s fucking Deadspin, but I was shedding tears laughing at some of these fan comments. Cathartic.
J:lol

Those comments are too funny to be user submitted.

One of my faves:

Josh:

I have watched three playoff victories in my entire life. That is 22 seasons. Fun!

The best player might have beaten up his girlfriend.

The QB can’t throw a 15-yard out route.

Do we have any receivers?

Our best linebacker will get hurt by week 4.

I hate this stupid franchise.

They’re going to win the Super Bowl this season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
J:lol

Those comments are too funny to be user submitted.

One of my faves:

Josh:

I have watched three playoff victories in my entire life. That is 22 seasons. Fun!

The best player might have beaten up his girlfriend.

The QB can’t throw a 15-yard out route.

Do we have any receivers?

Our best linebacker will get hurt by week 4.

I hate this stupid franchise.

They’re going to win the Super Bowl this season.
Definitely written by the author to make fun of the Cowboys.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good news fellas

I have been critical of Rico Gathers and his understanding of his assignments. Making progress and working with the first offense, Gathers executed a “hot” read to combat a blitzing Sean Lee. Prescott, reading the same thing, fired the ball to Gathers just past the sticks for a first down.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
:lol:lol

"If you had to sketch out a worst-case scenario for America upon its founding, Jerry Jones would pretty much be it: a sentient tongue with everyone else’s money to burn.
This man’s brain is in his dick. Like the NFL itself, there is no PR crisis that Jerry Jones cannot make worse by barging in with his bad taste, his wooden fangs, and his wrinkly hard-on. He’ll just ride in, loaded up on Johnnie Walker, and then he’ll take a steaming dump to mark his territory. Jerry cannot live if he is not the sun around which all earthly garbage must orbit."

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom