2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I mean, how do you not take a free look? He's a guy you were desperately trying to trade up for like 26 months ago.

This team loves flyers on guys it had first round grades on. You don't even take a free look at the QB position? It's not like you have an established veteran backup.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Lynch is probably not interested in a backup role.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The Cowboys are hosting their first of five training camp practices today at the Star! They are free and open to the public.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Given how bad Mike White has looked.... what do you do if Paxton Lynch gets cut in Denver? Do you take a look?
I'm assuming you mean prior to 53 man cuts. Sure. After cut down down? Dont think I would do more than a workout. Meaning I dont want to cut somebody off the 53 to have a look. It would have to be a hell of a workout. Otherwise I jist go with what I have.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Nope. Can't play.
Exactly.

And I'm the type of guy who believes you give almost any QB with some potential a look, but I believe this guy has shown more than enough to suggest that he simply cannot play.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Based on what I'm seeing from Cooper Rush and Mike White, Kellen Moore is having the impact on our young QBs' development that pretty much all of us expected.

Pretty embarrassing that the Cowboys put themselves in this position again. If Dak gets hurt the performance of the Cowboy QBs during the 2015 season will look fantastic compared to this current group.

At this point I'd kill for one of the McCown brothers.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Based on what I'm seeing from Cooper Rush and Mike White, Kellen Moore is having the impact on our young QBs' development that pretty much all of us expected.

Pretty embarrassing that the Cowboys put themselves in this position again. If Dak gets hurt the performance of the Cowboy QBs during the 2015 season will look fantastic compared to this current group.

At this point I'd kill for one of the McCown brothers.
Yep. I can't believe they'd rely on Cooper Rush to save the season if Dak gets hurt for a few games.

But then, with this organization that would only mean the excuse would be in place and we'll get 'em next year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nope. Can't play.
Yeah at this point they don't look any different to me except White hasn't had a couple of years to adjust to the NFL. Both guys have excellent arms. Can make the tight throws. White panics and holds the ball too much just like Lynch does. And frankly our backup O-line has been so bad in this preseason games that it seems impossible to judge the poor guy. We don't seem to set up any quick pass sets for him or to have simplified anything for him to make it easier for him to get the ball out of his hands quickly.

And on top of that we aren't even giving him the luxury of passing to guys like Michael Gallup. Instead he is throwing to guys who will be out of the league at the end of preseason. We've got great WR depth but it seems like half of them are hurt and not playing in preseason or are too valuable to play past the first half.

Anyway I was a Lynch fan but he has had way better opportunities to prove himself and failed. White at this point looks to have just as good of raw tools but without the opportunities.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So, consensus is that Lynch isn't worth the time to mess with or that he represents an upgrade over Rush or White. Yet again, we wanted this dude over Dak. Jesus, Jerry is THE WORST talent evaluator ever.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, consensus is that Lynch isn't worth the time to mess with or that he represents an upgrade over Rush or White. Yet again, we wanted this dude over Dak. Jesus, Jerry is THE WORST talent evaluator ever.
So did basically the entire NFL. QB's are hard to evaluate. Even the best guys in the NFL at evaluating NFL talent probably don't even come close to batting .500.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

Jerry is not the only guy that wanted him. Hell, people here were slurping John Elway's crank as the next great NFL GM not too long ago, and he gave up more than Jerry was willing to so he could trade up for Lynch.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Oh, that tricky tricky Garrett.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Eric Reid and Iloka. At least I hope.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Of all the thin positions on the roster we needed another DT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom